Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just follow the standards Jesus applied when it comes to caring about other people.

Okay. But I don't appreciate people implying that I dont.

...I do understand that my POV is unpopular with some people. And I can understand their desire to discredit. But none of this has anything to do with the topic of this thread, and it's an outright insult to what's happened in Manchester.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Okay. But I don't appreciate people implying that I dont.

...I do understand that my POV is unpopular with some people. And I can understand their desire to discredit. But none of this has anything to do with the topic of this thread, and it's an outright insult to what's happened in Manchester.

People are just responding to what you've written. You wrote "Why should you or I or any other Westerner care about Iraqis or Syrians? Explain that, when we live here?" By that line of thought why should an American care about what happened to the victims of Manchester, since it didn't happen in our backyard? Jesus cares for all. Christians should also.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think Muslims should go out and buy some Smiths T shirts from the local record shop, shave their beard and plant a garden on their patio. Then go rent some good sci-fi movies and call themselves European!

Do you think that Orthodox Jews should stop wearing their garb, go out buy Smith T-shirts, shave their beards, cut their locks, plant gardens, and watch sci-fi movies in order to be considered European or Westerners?
How about the Amish and PA Dutch, should they do the same? They should also get electricity and drive cars, after all their carriages hold up traffic.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like to demonstrate I care by focusing on the girls torn apart by shrapnel, rather on politically correctness being the greater victim here.
After Rotherdam, we can no longer assume that people do much care about girls as victims, when too many in this brave new world of ours rally behind the bigger victim being the rights of those hammering nails.
Many have been condemning Muslims for not speaking out loudly against Islamist terrorist. But then when they start doing that and start showing support and actually DOING things that are helpful to those who are victims we still won't give them any credit for doing so. What's that about?

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Many have been condemning Muslims for not speaking out loudly against Islamist terrorist. But then when they start doing that and start showing support and actually DOING things that are helpful to those who are victims we still won't give them any credit for doing so. What's that about?
You may join the others here and focus on how badly the 'poor Muslims' are being treated.
I on the other hand will do what I can to maintain the focus on the young ladies who have been killed and maimed for no other reason than they attended a teeny-bopper concert.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
WhatI find interesting is that so often when this happens there is a huge rallying cry from many crying out "there better not be or I hope you here isn't any backlash against Muslims for this". Then we news stories and talk shows all about worrying about the Muslims. How about stories and handwringing about the victims and the families of those killed by the radical Muslims. Why is there such a focus on Muslims rather than the victims?

Until we wake up and recognize that this is a Muslim problem we won't ever get a handle on this. All the efforts are guided towards not recognizing this and excusing the Muslim connection. This IS a religious attack. It is not political or merely a land grab as some wars in the past have been. This is a religious thing plain and simple.

Now hear me clearly. NOT ALL MUSLIMS ARE THE SAME. Muslims have suffered greatly in this whole thing. But the fact remains that this IS a Muslim issue. It is the Muslim community that must be targeted for investigation and intelligence. It is the Muslim community that must be willing to work with law enforcement in their efforts to root out the bad guys because they are coming from the Muslim community. Stop searching old lady's at airports.

I'm telling you that if the Baptists were out killing people in Florida, California, England and raping people in Germany and Sweden and killing other Baptists I would be saying we ought to be spending our time and resources on them and not the Catholics.

Focus on the community where these terrorists are coming from.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
WhatI find interesting is that so often when this happens there is a huge rallying cry from many crying out "there better not be or I hope you here isn't any backlash against Muslims for this"

The best part about this is how we don't get warned out backlashes before the killer is known to be a Muslim.

Because during that time it's still (barely) possible that the killer might be a Christian, and in that case the media will be more than happy to speak about how all Christians should take responsibility for the attack. There will also likely be some argument that this justifies a backlash against President Trump, no matter how unconnected he was from the event. It would be awkward to lay out this narrative after spending a couple of days talking about how we shouldn't have a backlash, so they have to wait until we are sure that it's once again a Muslim who is responsible.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People are just responding to what you've written. You wrote "Why should you or I or any other Westerner care about Iraqis or Syrians? Explain that, when we live here?" By that line of thought why should an American care about what happened to the victims of Manchester, since it didn't happen in our backyard? Jesus cares for all. Christians should also.

By that "line of thought"..? What don't you get about that being a question? Do you not comprehend the difference between a question and a statement?

Let it go. One more insinuation that there is any line of thought to the question, and I'll take it to the next level.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You may join the others here and focus on how badly the 'poor Muslims' are being treated.
I on the other hand will do what I can to maintain the focus on the young ladies who have been killed and maimed for no other reason than they attended a teeny-bopper concert.
I agree that is where our focus should be.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What Landon wrote was "Why should you or I or any other Westerner care about Iraqis or Syrians? Explain that, when we live here?" It's not a question most Christians, or most decent people for that matter, would ever feel the need to ask, but he did.

Whoa, wait a second... Are you suggesting that I'm not a decent person..?

...Because I asked a question that I wanted Muslims, specifically to answer, after the Muslims brought up Syria and Iraq out of nowhere? To derail the thread?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟260,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Whoa, wait a second... Are you suggesting that I'm not a decent person..?

...Because I asked a question that I wanted Muslims, specifically to answer, after the Muslims brought up Syria and Iraq out of nowhere? To derail the thread?

those weren't brought up out of nowhere.
i brought up what i did in response to the statement that we should be focusing on children.
well which children being killed.
because they seem to be killed all the time in other countries and it hardly ever makes the news.
you responded to that by stating why you should care about dead children in other parts of the world since apparently if they aren't the right sort of children then why give a hoot.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
those weren't brought up out of nowhere.
i brought up what i did in response to the statement that we should be focusing on children.
well which children being killed.
because they seem to be killed all the time in other countries and it hardly ever makes the news.
you responded to that by stating why you should care about dead children in other parts of the world since apparently if they aren't the right sort of children then why give a hoot.

We're not talking about any other children except the ones in Manchester. Stop with the diversions.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟260,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Great question.

the answer is simple.
people who have agendas keep trying to place the blame collectively on all muslims instead of on the specific perpetrators involved.
to them just being a muslim is enough to share in the collective blame.
similar to how all gays are pedophiles, how all blacks are thugs, how all native americans are drunks.
but dear god forbid if a white straight male (even if he is part of a larger group as has been shown over and over) does something. then he is only blamed as an individual

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟260,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
We're not talking about any other children except the ones in Manchester. Stop with the diversions.

again it's not a diversion.
you make an stunningly broad accusation and then try to hide from replies by narrowing down the field as much as you can.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
again it's not a diversion.
you make an stunningly broad accusation and then try to hide from replies by narrowing down the field as much as you can.

Techniques such as Vexing and obfuscation don't work well when all the information can be referenced.

...The burden is now on you to cite this "broad accusation" I'm being charged with.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟260,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Techniques such as Vexing and obfuscation don't work well when all the information can be referenced.

...The burden is now on you to cite this "broad accusation" I'm being charged with.

This is how Muslims react... they're not greiving or removing their hijab when they go to the store out of respect for the dead. Oh, no, no, no... Instead, it's all about themselves.

What an example of selfish priorities -typical of the religion of Islam.

How about condemning these Muslims who want praise for their meaningless lip service? Their main goal always seems to just fall back on defending their faith.

If they cant remove their Islamic garb after an atrocity like this, then they should not show their face at all. Just don't say a word, and hang your head in shame

I'm not passing laws here, I'm just asking for a little compassion. The lip service isn't cutting it, since it appears to be yet another ulterior motive of spreading the ideology.

...Take off the garb and then give the lip service. Then I'll believe.

there were comments by other people as well to that regard on this thread.
frankly i don't care to list all of them.

i'll say it one more time.
not all muslims are to blame for the acts of a single person just as not all of any kind of people are to blame for the acts of any single person of that group.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
WhatI find interesting is that so often when this happens there is a huge rallying cry from many crying out "there better not be or I hope you here isn't any backlash against Muslims for this". Then we news stories and talk shows all about worrying about the Muslims. How about stories and handwringing about the victims and the families of those killed by the radical Muslims. Why is there such a focus on Muslims rather than the victims?

Until we wake up and recognize that this is a Muslim problem we won't ever get a handle on this. All the efforts are guided towards not recognizing this and excusing the Muslim connection. This IS a religious attack. It is not political or merely a land grab as some wars in the past have been. This is a religious thing plain and simple.

Now hear me clearly. NOT ALL MUSLIMS ARE THE SAME. Muslims have suffered greatly in this whole thing. But the fact remains that this IS a Muslim issue. It is the Muslim community that must be targeted for investigation and intelligence. It is the Muslim community that must be willing to work with law enforcement in their efforts to root out the bad guys because they are coming from the Muslim community. Stop searching old lady's at airports.

I'm telling you that if the Baptists were out killing people in Florida, California, England and raping people in Germany and Sweden and killing other Baptists I would be saying we ought to be spending our time and resources on them and not the Catholics.

Focus on the community where these terrorists are coming from.
An accurate description of the man who did this is loser. He is an evil loser, complete failure at life, given an opportunity at success in a Western country that his refugee parents never had in Libya, and he fails, and blames the West and young girls for his failure.
It hardly matters what the preponderance of Muslims believe, because the evil theology of Islamism exists, and is an ever-present part of the Muslim community. The evil theology that appeals to these losers and gives them a cause to blow themselves up to is supported enough by the Islam religion itself that the Muslim Brotherhood and other Islamist organizations have been very successful at recruiting these losers. It is a certain percentage that will always be attracted, and as the percentages of Muslims in any country increase, this means that the number of losers willing to do this kind of act will go up to. They have their haven now, their safe space.

Britain itself has the most radicalized Muslim population in Europe. Soft targets are the new rage in Europe, and these kinds of attacks are becoming the new norm in Europe. the elites are willing to absorb the costs, and see these attacks as inconsequential in the big scheme of things. Thus far, the majority of the populations of Western countries are not willing to go to the far right parties that alone take this kind of thing seriously.

Ergo, this is the future of Europe.

Upvote 0