Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At least 20 people were killed and possibly hundreds of others were injured after one or more loud bangs were heard Monday night at an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena in England, multiple law enforcement told NBC News.

Multiple U.S. officials briefed on the investigation so far said preliminary reports indicate that a single explosion took place outside the arena on the southwest side opposite the Manchester Victoria transit station, which is part of the greater arena complex.

The explosion occurred as the concert ended, catching people as they exited.

At least 20 killed in explosion at U.K. concert featuring Ariana Grande

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

LinguaIgnota

Nov 26, 2014
✟59,588.00
Faith
Atheist
Nineteen people have died and around 50 others injured in an explosion, which is being treated as a terrorist incident, at Manchester Arena, police said.
- UPDATE: 19 people dead after 'explosion' at Manchester Arena

Numbers will most likely be subject to change over the next couple of hours. There are always conflicting reports this early after a tragedy, as media outlets scramble to be first with new information.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
... as media outlets scramble to be first with new information.
Last time there was a bad incident in the UK, there was media speculation - some of it from North America - all about supposedly perfidious foreigners, etc., and then it turned out that someone local did it; i.e., "banning" foreigners would not have made any difference. Some media outlets are highly irresponsible.

Reactions: LinguaIgnota
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the record, I did not mean to click on any "funny" icons in this thread earlier. That was accidental... Because there's not anything funny about this thread.

• Agree
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actions can be described as evil. I wouldn't say evil is a thing that exists on its own.

Then we agree....? No action here on earth can be described as evil unless a human being commits it?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Then we agree....? No action here on earth can be described as evil unless a human being commits it?
I would say evil requires the intent to be so. A desire to cause nothing more than suffering and pain and death, or being willing to use those as a means to reach an end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,307.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And within hours of the atrocity Katie Hopkins tweets
“22 dead – number rising. Schofield. Don’t you even dare. Do not be part of the problem. We need a final solution. #Machester (sic)”.

There is some language that should never be used, but coming from katie Hopkins I'm not surprised.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Can you at least admit that evil is real?

Would you include the IRA as being evil?

“22 dead – number rising. Schofield. Don’t you even dare. Do not be part of the problem. We need a final solution. #Machester (sic)”.

There is some language that should never be used, but coming from katie Hopkins I'm not surprised.

Not familiar with her, but reading her Wikipedia page she seems like British version of Ann Coulter.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I'm saddened to see you're giving that idiot the attention she craves Goonie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Yes.

I remember seeing first hand the devastation their bomb wreaked on Manchester, it seemed like half the city centre was closed down. At least they sent a warning beforehand, everyone was evacuated and there were no fatalities (they're still murderous scum, mind).

My thoughts are with the familes.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I don't know much about the IRA, but I wouldn't have been able to imagine any group, until last night, to be so cruel and evil that it would choose to blow up innocent teenage girls purposely.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't know much about the IRA, but I wouldn't have been able to imagine any group, until last night, to be so cruel and evil than it would choose to blow up innocent teenage girls purposely.
It's not as if suicide bombers have been discriminating about soft targets up until this point or that girls have not been targeted prior, think Afghan girls schools or burning Saudi ones.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not as if suicide bombers have been discriminating about soft targets up until this point or that girls have not been targeted prior, think Afghan girls schools or burning Saudi ones.

But this is in England.

Upvote 0