At first I felt sorry for myself, then I put my faith in God and then it happened...

Linus

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2004
Stockholm
✟86,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was really hoping and praying for a chance to pursue a PhD in health economics but I haven't heard anything back from them in a long time. I had contacted another university regarding an upcoming project that could open the doors for me and a PhD. They hadn't called me back either.

A friend of mine had told me about an employment opportunity that sounded great and when I called them, I felt down because the position was extremely advanced.

I had also contacted another company about doing some work for them so I could get a nicer resume and more experience in the law field. They hadn't returned my calls either.

I had also failed an exam as well, which probably would prevent me from graduating from law school as well...missed the exam by 2 points.

So on Monday, I felt extremely down and sorry for myself but then I accepted the circumstances because I knew that if I had done certain things differently, I would probably have seen a different outcome.

I was really down and I told God, please carry me because this is too much for me to bear at the moment. I could muster enough strange to pray for others but not for myself, I just kept saying, may Your Will come to fruition.
That was then, on Tuesday, I got an email regarding a position at research school (I haven't been accepted yet but if they like my thesis, they will probably hire me). I also got a call regarding the "project" and we are going to talk about it this Friday.

I also got a call regarding doing some legal work for a major company, which will look great on my resume but above all, it will be a great learning experience.

I also gained more confidence regarding applying for the advanced position that my friend suggested for me.

Even though I missed the exam, they will probably let me re-take it and study the final course despite of the failed exam.

The lesson I learned from this, God carries you through your ordeals and He is indeed my strength and hope.

I can't praise Him enough!

Reactions: Tarika

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,601.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I was really hoping and praying for a chance to pursue a PhD in health economics but I haven't heard anything back from them in a long time. I had contacted another university regarding an upcoming project that could open the doors for me and a PhD. They hadn't called me back either.

A friend of mine had told me about an employment opportunity that sounded great and when I called them, I felt down because the position was extremely advanced.

I had also contacted another company about doing some work for them so I could get a nicer resume and more experience in the law field. They hadn't returned my calls either.

I had also failed an exam as well, which probably would prevent me from graduating from law school as well...missed the exam by 2 points.

So on Monday, I felt extremely down and sorry for myself but then I accepted the circumstances because I knew that if I had done certain things differently, I would probably have seen a different outcome.

I was really down and I told God, please carry me because this is too much for me to bear at the moment. I could muster enough strange to pray for others but not for myself, I just kept saying, may Your Will come to fruition.
That was then, on Tuesday, I got an email regarding a position at research school (I haven't been accepted yet but if they like my thesis, they will probably hire me). I also got a call regarding the "project" and we are going to talk about it this Friday.

I also got a call regarding doing some legal work for a major company, which will look great on my resume but above all, it will be a great learning experience.

I also gained more confidence regarding applying for the advanced position that my friend suggested for me.

Even though I missed the exam, they will probably let me re-take it and study the final course despite of the failed exam.

The lesson I learned from this, God carries you through your ordeals and He is indeed my strength and hope.

I can't praise Him enough!

Praise God!!!! He is soooooo GOOD!!!! Don't'cha love how He works things out and they un-fold just right? God bless you brother in Christ and son of the Most High God. :clap:

Reactions: Linus
Upvote 0