• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

At a Crossroads...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RoyalBlue27, Nov 8, 2018.

1. RoyalBlue27

RoyalBlue27 New Member

+6
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    Hello. I was raised in Baptist churches, but lost my way in my teens and twenties. After college I got a good job, got married and had a daughter. Life was great for several years, but my marriage eventually ended in a very difficult divorce, which contributed to drinking, depression, isolation, and loss of faith.

In January, my step-mother was murdered in a home invasion and robbery, leaving us no choice to put my father, a disabled veteran with Parkinson's disease, into a nursing home with a 24/7 skilled memory care unit. He declined rapidly, and passed away a few weeks ago. Meanwhile, my daughter is now a busy teenager and I barely see her...

Now I feel completely lost. I want to rediscover my faith and reconnect with God and some sort of Christian community, but I've become a bit of an introvert and am finding it very difficult to know what to do. I can't seem to complete any projects at the job I once loved. I'm in my 40s, so my siblings are all married with families. Simple decisions seem impossible...like I'm paralyzed...

• Prayers Prayers x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Apprentice Supporter

+2,821
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Sorry to hear all that,

Do you like animals...?

Do you have any hobbies or interests...?

Do you have any friends...?

Belong to certain groups...? or maybe a church organization or community...?

God Bless!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Apprentice Supporter

+2,821
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Oh, and welcome to CF, "sometimes" interaction on here can be good also, "sometimes"...?

God Bless!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Tigger45

Tigger45 Grounded in His word, anchored in church history. Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+5,638
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Welcome to CF and God’s blessings upon your struggles.

5. sunshine100

sunshine100 Active Member

+263
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Hello and welcome

6. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member

+1,637
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    drinking, depression, isolation, and loss of faith.[/QUOTE]

May I strongly suggest that you talk to your doctor about your depression etc.
    Depression has the affect of slowing ones mental abilities and affecting ones ability to function.
    I am afrasid if you don't get treatment you will lose your job !
    Then how would you support your daughter?

As for reconnecting with Christianity walk into a church and join in a service.
    You where 'raised' a baptist so you will know about salvation.

7. Southernscotty

Southernscotty Well-Known Member Supporter Angels Team

+7,249
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Hello and welcome friend, I sent you a private message because I too have been down this road with the alcohol and loneliness but I overcame this by the wonderful forgiveness and love available through Jesus Christ.
    I can help point you His direction and tell you how that He has changed this man :]

8. Jesusismyking87!!

Jesusismyking87!! Member

+203
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    We can not be holy spirits for you my friend. Instead I recommend this open your bible to Matthew read the amazing Book seek God in prayer and in his word which I beg for you to begin in Matthew my friend. God bless you!

9. BookishGirl

BookishGirl Well-Known Member

+9,315
    Baptist
    Married
    Welcome to CF. :wave:

You have been through some extreme difficulties. It is understandable that you are struggling, but you are on the right path. Wanting a relationship with God is a perfect first step.

Read the Bible daily. Romans 10:17 says "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (KJV) Your faith will grow as you commit to Bible reading and study.

Praying for you right now.

10. 3rdday

3rdday New Member

+4
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My heart hurts for you. You have had to walk through a lot of trials so its no wonder you are feeling lost today. Have you tried to find a local church nearby? Whenever I feel hurt my church family helps me walk through it. Our Savior tells us we are never alone. Cling to him as you find your way. He will direct your steps. Joshua 1:9 promises us - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. God Bless You.

11. ItIsFinished!

ItIsFinished! Well-Known Member

+348
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Welcome friend.
    There are many here who would love to help you .
    You are never alone.
    Keep your eyes upon Jesus.