ASU denies viral claims that it purposely failed economics students

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,610.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
ASU is denying claims that it purposely failed students in its economics department and forged a deal that required students to pay to turn in homework after an email went viral Thursday afternoon.

The email, which was sent to students Thursday morning by clinical assistant professor Brian Goegan, included the claim that ASU made a deal with Cengage, an education and technology company, that required professors to put homework behind a paywall, forcing students to pay for a subscription to turn in homework.

ASU denies viral claims that it purposely failed economics students

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It is reprehensible what has become of America's Institutions of Learning.

COLLEGE-COSTS-570.jpg

This situation is one of the most direct and dire issues that is literally destroying this nation and yet, BOTH SIDES OF THE ISLE are complicit in this and are at fault.

But of course, this doesn't make the news instead, we get 24/7 coverage of the Clown Show.

it is criminal that we as a nation are a bunch of lemmings that love TMZ type news more than real issues that can actually impact our lives

These colleges and universities are fleecing our kids and this nation's collective future. And we are fine with it?

Look at that graph!!!!

This is quite simply unsustainable. You talk about a complete and total collapse just waiting to happen... Well, there it is.

I got into watching a show called BILLIONS... .man that is a wicked smart show. The show depicts the world of billionaire investors and oligarchs running investment firms etc... Well, if I were a billionaire I'd figure out a way to "short" the US because a collapse is coming. That graph is very telling and it is amazing how that graph just does not register as a serious problem to the AMerican public or the powers that be.

It's so funny, we often look back at history and ask, "How could the Great Depression happen? Why couldn't they see that it was coming and prevent it???" We are so smart in our 20/20 hindsight analysis of past events / tragedies and yet, we are facing one right now, we are looking down the barrel of a crisis that will doom this country and we are incapable of truly seeing it for what it is... We shrug our shoulders and say, "Meh, it will magically be okay..."

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,610.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It is reprehensible what has become of America's Institutions of Learning.

View attachment 254979

This situation is one of the most direct and dire issues that is literally destroying this nation and yet, BOTH SIDES OF THE ISLE are complicit in this and are at fault.

But of course, this doesn't make the news instead, we get 24/7 coverage of the Clown Show.

it is criminal that we as a nation are a bunch of lemmings that love TMZ type news more than real issues that can actually impact our lives

These colleges and universities are fleecing our kids and this nation's collective future. And we are fine with it?

Look at that graph!!!!

This is quite simply unsustainable. You talk about a complete and total collapse just waiting to happen... Well, there it is.

I got into watching a show called BILLIONS... .man that is a wicked smart show. The show depicts the world of billionaire investors and oligarchs running investment firms etc... Well, if I were a billionaire I'd figure out a way to "short" the US because a collapse is coming. That graph is very telling and it is amazing how that graph just does not register as a serious problem to the AMerican public or the powers that be.

It's so funny, we often look back at history and ask, "How could the Great Depression happen? Why couldn't they see that it was coming and prevent it???" We are so smart in our 20/20 hindsight analysis of past events / tragedies and yet, we are facing one right now, we are looking down the barrel of a crisis that will doom this country and we are incapable of truly seeing it for what it is... We shrug our shoulders and say, "Meh, it will magically be okay..."
Oh, the crash is coming. The yield curve has inverted, which only happens a few months to maximum 2 years before a recession.

"This Time Isn't Different": Why an Inverted Yield Curve Really Matters

10yr_1yr.png

Soon that curve will shoot up again and then it's crisis time. Weee

Upvote 0