Astronomers should be sued for false advertizing. (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Lucky I saved copies;

It's sure exhausting replying to you :p

Ya like you're posts are a piece of cake..... :)

Give me some time my friend to respond as I gave you some time to respond. Hopefully I'll catch up over the next couple of days.

I've spent 5+ hours answering now.
I don't know why I haven't done this before, but these points are things we keep returning to and I feel that they're important enough to single out and really work out from the bottom.

Whether lab experiments or data sets derived from observation sets is equal.

That's an easy answer. No. There's no way to determine actual cause/effect relationships without real control mechanisms.

Whether the source of something is known or not is important.

It sure seems important to every atheists/skeptic I meet. :)

Whether the control of something is important or not.

If you can't control it, you can't fully demonstrate a case (any case).

Whether new versions of a theory/hypothesis is the same theory/hypothesis as earlier.

If you're talking about adding yet another hypothetical entity called curvatons to save a hypothesis that would otherwise die a natural scientific death, forgetaboutit. If you can't get your maths to work with three metaphysical constructs, give it up already!

Whether space, spacetime,time or expansion is defined.

Only distance and spacetime are defined in GR. "Space" is a metaphysical construct, just like inflation, dark energy and SUSY sparticles. None of these things are defined in GR and GR is dependent upon none of them.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
One *very important* point that I would make Elendur:

My last conversation with david about the nature of GR theory was very telling from my perspective. I could fully agree with him that GR by itself only describes the curvature of spacetime. It does *not* described the EM fields that are generated by the movement of charged objects. The universe is mostly in the plasma state. It's therefore irrational to try to build a scientific theory about the universe and *not include* those EM field influences. It's irrational to *not* embrace PC/EU theory IMO.

I don't even see how you or david can simply ignore all that million degree plasma they found around our galaxy last year. It's not like we included these influences in any galaxy models we've ever created. It's not like the mainstream offers any explanation as to what sustains these plasmas at millions of degrees for billions of years. What's going on in mainstream astronomy today is pure denial. Instead of adding a half dozen ad hoc entities to GR theory, they *should be* adding the EM field influences to GR theory, and embracing PC/EU theory.

I don't even see a logical defense to be *excluding* those EM field influences as they do. Even they way the mainstream describes a solar flare is *pure pseudoscience* according to the author of MHD theory. Alfven's double layer paper made MR theory obsolete and nobody cared. The mainstream talks about the "magnetic" fields, yet ignores the moving charged particles (aka current) that creates and sustains them! It's the most bizarre behavior I've ever seen in any field of so called 'science'. :(

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Basic arguments, yes, however to delve deeper is near impossible and it proves to be a problem with sorting out assertions.

I don't see why you'd have to know all that much about either GR theory or EM field theory to understand that GR theory describes only the geometry of spacetime and it does *not* included EM field effects. It doesn't take that much knowledge to understand that most of the universe is in the plasma state. GR doesn't include EM field effects and in order to describe a plasma universe you have to include them!

That isn't special characteristics limited to that kind of data. You can perform the same kind of cross examination of data outside of the lab, though it'll require larger sets of observations to find what one needs to distill down to usable data sets.

But you can't determine actual cause/effect relationships without a *control mechanism* of some kind. For instance, Chen was able to vary his current and thereby show a relationship between the amount of redshift and the amount of free electrons in the plasma. Likewise lab results show that the movement of objects can cause photon redshift.

In terms of photon redshift, astronomers are simply *assuming the consequent* and never demonstrating it using actual *lab experiments*.

Sure, but as for science you need to go where no one have gone before, even at the risk of being wrong. Else, we'd go nowhere.

First you'd have to demonstrate a real "need" to go there in the first place. I already have *multiple logical ways* to explain redshift. I have no need for metaphysical constructs to explain photon redshift.

Verification isn't what we're talking about. It's falsification. Verification isn't nearly as useful as falsification, as you'd be able to just look at some small set of data and say "Here, it fits, therefore it's right!".

But as my conversation with david demonstrates BB theory isn't falsifiable anymore. When it failed it "last test", they added a new ad hoc construct called "dark energy" to fix it. Now that the Planck data shows hemispheric differences in the data, david intends to simply add a new invisible metaphysical construct to 'fix' his problem too! There's no way to falsify a belief system when the "believer" is free to add multiple supernatural constructs to the hypothesis at will. There is no logical falsification mechanism for Lambda-CDM. It's become a religion based on pure faith, apparently in soon to be *four* supernatural constructs.

And what you're talking about is obviously either several theories or hypotheses (easily discernible from your terminology). Which actually includes the possibility of falsification for each theory or hypothesis that differs from one and another on each predicted set.

I still fail to see why you think BB theory is falsifiable in the first place. When it failed it's last big test, 70 percent metaphysics was simply added to the mix. Now they want to add another supernatural construct to "fudge the math" to fit the Planck data set. As long as there's another supernatural construct waiting in the wings, how could any hypothesis *ever* be falsified?

And thus you use the data sets gathered from observations outside of our small sphere. Which is a perfectly valid method.

But the observation is "redshift', not "expansion". Expansion is *assumed*.

Lack of known source is of no consequence. As is lack of " 'control' ".
Or, if you disagree, please provide with some explicit general reasoning around this. I'd love to hear (read) why it is you return to this and, possibly, change either your or my opinion of this. It might even be the subject for an entire new thread (or two).

Well, for starters, without an experimental test of concept, all you have is claim and an 'act of faith' in the unseen (in the lab) and no way to test that claim. It's akin to seeing a lost dish and *assuming* that invisible monkeys took it. :)

You've stated earlier that it is possible to falsify, at the very least least, versions of it. (Which leads to an obvious contradiction of your positioin)

*I* personally would accept Planck data as a falsification of Lambda-CDM theory. David will not. Even the concept of falsification becomes dubious if david can simply add supernatural constructs on a whim. The 'tests' we might use to falsify the idea then become meaningless.

As an honest reply to your though: I haven't studied enough to understand EM fields (which kind of neatly demonstrates my earlier point).

You don't even need to know that much about EM field theory to know that it has been left out of GR. You don't have to know that much about the nature of a plasma universe to know that GR alone cannot describe it adequately.

And yet you haven't provided with one line of math that I can look at that wouldn't demonstrate the problems I've, with my limited knowledge, observed.

I provided you with Holushko's math, and Ashmore's math, and Brynjolfsson's math. You seem to handwave them all away over no math at all that was included in Zwicky's one paper written in 1929. If I'm not mistaken, Zwicky's original claim was a *handwave* in the first place. Your personal math (not published) doesn't really address any work written by Brynjolfsson for instance.

That we'd expect a zero amount of inelastic scattering is something I've never claimed, and repeatedly stated so, along with several others who've engaged at the same point.

But that's just it. There *must be* some amount of inelastic scattering spacetime. The mainstream doesn't allow for *any* scattering in photons reaching Earth. That alone should be your first clue that they have a serious problem.

What I've argued, and some (if not all) others, is that there's no way that there's a significant amount.

Those galaxies with a redshift of 10 would suggest otherwise. They're blurry as all get out. I can barely make out anything related to the shape, and certainly not any spiral arms. They are nothing but blurry blobs in a "semi galactic" shape.

If you don't have a mechanism that has the possibility to produce the effect you're looking after you either have to find it or find another solution (effectively abandoning the idea). There's no reason to hold a position that is solely hypothetical and untested.

You'd have to demonstrate to me that *no combination* of all inelastic scattering mechanisms, and the movement of objects was incapable of generating that redshift pattern. That requires extensive lab testing that has never been done.

They have the observational data sets, that continues to grow, of space. Eventually the data sets derived from those will falsify the notorious versions you've mentioned and actually be equivalent to lab experiments.

That's only applicable if you abide by the outcome of those "tests". If inflation predicts a relatively homogenous layout of matter and an even temperature everywhere, and the temperature is variable between hemispheres, that "should be" enough to falsify the claim. If however we simply allow others to 'stuff in' more brands of metaphysics, nothing can be falsified.

But they effectively falsified their old model (assuming you're telling me the truth). What you're naming as the same model isn't.

What you're suggesting is that we won't allow supernova data to falsify BB theory once and for all, and it's "ok" to add 'dark energy' to make it a "new model'. Likewise we can use hemispheric data from Planck to simply "make up" a new form of metaphysics (curvatons) and that's somehow a "new and improved" hypothesis. What you're *not* doing however is allowing the BB concept itself to be falsified based on tests. You're just *assuming* BB theory is "correct" and adding whatever supernatural construct is required to keep that BB dogma alive.

It's a new theory/hypothesis that has borrowed large parts from an earlier falsified theory/hypothesis (or a set of those).

It's one metaphysical and supernatural kludge built upon another, built upon yet another. There's no end in sight to the supernatural constructs. Guth set a precedent with his unsupported inflation claim. Anything goes in astronomy apparently.

And isn't that great that they found that mass? I bet that they'd be equally exited to replace the dark matter with regular, so far not observed, matter.

No they're not. If they were, they'd already have a great start on it. In just the past five years, we discovered more mass in plasma than had ever been found, effectively 'finding' all their missing baryonic matter. *On top of that* we discovered that we miscounted stars and the universe is at least twice as bright as we imagined. They could already do away with a big chunk of it if they wanted to, but that would "mess up' all their other calculations related to elemental abundance figures. They're stuck. They can't admit that it's *all* normal matter now, because it's *too much* normal matter to fit with their other calculations!

I've seen some of the discussion you've had about this structure and it's way over my head, as you're surely aware of.

Old news at this point. I read davids rebuttal paper and I can't be sure it's all one structure, nor can david be sure it's not. It's ultimately irrelevant actually.

Earlier in your reply you acknowledged to lessen your use of derogatory terminology. Supernatural is inflammatory and, by extension, derogatory.

It's an honest appraisal and relevant in terms of this forum. Inflation isn't "natural". It's not something that I use in my daily life. I could live and die and never know about it, particularly if I wasn't 'into' current astronomy theory. Likewise 'dark energy" isn't 'natural'. The whole concept was "made up' because no "natural" force of nature could explain it (supposedly). I have no idea how they actually ruled out EM fields as a "cause' of the acceleration of a mostly plasma universe mind you, but they *invented* dark energy to save one otherwise cosmology theory from certain empirical death. It has no other useful purpose outside of that single cosmology theory. Don't even get me started on david's new curvatons.

I'll reserve this reply for the extended reply about falsifications of versions of theories/hypotheses.

I'd like to know how it's even possible to falsify BB theory at this point. It's taken on a life of it's own. If they actually used real 'tests' to falsify the concept of an expanding universe, that would be fine. Instead however, they liberally add whatever ad hoc entity they require to keep the BB theory from dying a natural death. Dark energy was the last one. Curvatons seems to be the 'up and coming' form of supernatural constructs.

They assumed? I, for one, didn't assume. I looked at the examples you provided and deduced that they're insufficient.

You can't "deduce" something without checking your work in real lab. You *alleged* something with a few lines of math, but you didn't "deduce" how light travels in plasma, or the amount of redshift that way.

Then lets expand on the subject, preferable as general as possible without returning to this specific instance to which you obviously have a lot of emotional attachment.

IMO you have that backwards. I have *no/zero* emotional attachment to any metaphysical constructs. Even 'God'/the universe would be entirely *empirical* IMO.

It seems to me however that the mainstream is *seriously* emotionally attached to the concept of a 'big bang'. Whatever it's going to take to continue to peddle that dogma, they seem willing to do. When supernova called their redshift dogma into questions, they added 'dark energy' to save it. Now that the Planck data shows anomalies that shouldn't be there, they're so attached to their redshift interpretation that they're willing to add *even more* ad hoc elements to make the math fit. It absolutely reminds me of that epicyle math that kept getting more and more complicated over time until someone realized there's a "simpler' explanation. The "simple" explanation IMO is that Birkeland was right, we live inside of an electric universe and GR theory alone cannot describe it properly.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
One *very important* point that I would make Elendur:

My last conversation with david about the nature of GR theory was very telling from my perspective. I could fully agree with him that GR by itself only describes the curvature of spacetime. It does *not* described the EM fields that are generated by the movement of charged objects. The universe is mostly in the plasma state. It's therefore irrational to try to build a scientific theory about the universe and *not include* those EM field influences. It's irrational to *not* embrace PC/EU theory IMO.

I don't even see how you or david can simply ignore all that million degree plasma they found around our galaxy last year. It's not like we included these influences in any galaxy models we've ever created. It's not like the mainstream offers any explanation as to what sustains these plasmas at millions of degrees for billions of years. What's going on in mainstream astronomy today is pure denial. Instead of adding a half dozen ad hoc entities to GR theory, they *should be* adding the EM field influences to GR theory, and embracing PC/EU theory.

I don't even see a logical defense to be *excluding* those EM field influences as they do. Even they way the mainstream describes a solar flare is *pure pseudoscience* according to the author of MHD theory. Alfven's double layer paper made MR theory obsolete and nobody cared. The mainstream talks about the "magnetic" fields, yet ignores the moving charged particles (aka current) that creates and sustains them! It's the most bizarre behavior I've ever seen in any field of so called 'science'. :(

A perfect example:

It's Always Sunny in Caltech Lab | Caltech

They want magnetic fields to do something magnetic fields have NEVER been observed to do, accelerate charged particles, which only electric fields do.

Particle accelerator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The same with galactic jets:

http://t8web.lanl.gov/people/heitmann/cosmoday2/TALKS/hsu.pdf

It is quite absurd the lengths they will go to to deny electrical activity.

Although if I am not mistaken, and I am not, these laboratiory results would never have been obtained without the application of large electric currents that caused the events they then ascribe to any other mechanism but the electric currents they used to create these events. It is just absolutely mind-boggling!

GR is nothing but the geometrical interpretation of voltage differentials between two points without the use of the voltage. An attempt to explain this voltage differential without including the EM forces.

http://amasci.com/miscon/voltage.html

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Lost interest. Have fun. I'm out.

IMO you lost interest the moment you finally realized that you left out all the EM fields in spacetime related to moving charged particles. You lost interest because you can't actually show any cause/effect link between acoustic signatures/behaviors and any of your supernatural constructs.

Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
120px-Scissors_icon_black.svg.png

I don't even see how you or david can simply ignore
120px-Scissors_icon_black.svg.png
It's quite obvious why you can't see me ignore that.

I've told you before and I hope that will suffice as explanation.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
A perfect example:

It's Always Sunny in Caltech Lab | Caltech

They want magnetic fields to do something magnetic fields have NEVER been observed to do, accelerate charged particles, which only electric fields do.

Actually, I would argue that a magnetic field will indeed deflect/accelerate charged particles. Just look at LHC. The problem is that they are ignoring the fact that to create such a large magnetic field requires the use of an "electrical discharge'. The *actual* force behind those experiments are the "discharge currents" they used to generate the magnetic fields that in turn were able to accelerate the plasmas.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Actually, I would argue that a magnetic field will indeed deflect/accelerate charged particles. Just look at LHC. The problem is that they are ignoring the fact that to create such a large magnetic field requires the use of an "electrical discharge'. The *actual* force behind those experiments are the "discharge currents" they used to generate the magnetic fields that in turn were able to accelerate the plasmas.

NO, they are guided by magnetic fields. There is a big difference. The magnetic fields are simply used to keep the particles on track and to squeeze them down closer together. Not once is that magnetic field used to accelerate the poarticles.

LHC - How does a collider work?
Colliders have two functions, to accelerate particles to high speeds in beams about 2mm wide (small enough to pass through the 0 on a 20 pence piece) and to then direct the beams to collide head-on at the collision points at the heart of the detectors.
Various types of superconducting magnets (9,300 in total) are used to steer and focus beams of particles as they race around the 27km loop of the LHC collider.
The magnets, which make up the bulk of the collider, are only one part of the story. The other task of the collider is to accelerate the particles as they travel around it. This is done at 4 locations where the particles pass through superconducting radio frequency (RF) cavities. Just like pushing a child’s swing, these RF cavities give the particles a push each time they pass, steadily increasing the energy of the particles prior to collision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_cavity

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I was more focused on your argument about falsification. This, as I've stated in earlier post, is something I'll try to lift out of our discussion.

And there you have it. Falsified. That isn't so bad, is it?

You left out one important point however. Some SUSY theories can (and have) been falsified, but SUSY theory is still a 'dark matter of the gaps' claim. Astronomers are *still* certain that some type of exotic matter exists, apparently on pure faith in the unseen (in the lab).

I can't *completely* falsify any of their supernatural claims. SUSY concepts were the one things that *might* be "somewhat" falsifiable in terms of "specific" energy states. Overall however, it's completely unfalsifiable because it is now, and could forever remain an exotic matter of the gaps claim.

Sorry to pick apart your posts, but I'm probably going to have to pick specific issues to reply to today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
NO, they are guided by magnetic fields. There is a big difference. The magnetic fields are simply used to keep the particles on track and to squeeze them down closer together. Not once is that magnetic field used to accelerate the poarticles.

Let's try a different example. How does an ordinary coil of a car work in your opinion?

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
And how on earth is that a problem? If they're valid (as in mathematically sound) "gaps" then how can you protest against it? That the "gaps" shrink, which I assume is what you meant, is something extremely positive. Eventually it'll either result in something very exact or the scrapping of the theories/hypotheses.

Consider what you're saying from the perspective of a 'skeptic'. Standard particle physics theory is now complete. SUSY theory has always been a *non* standard theory to start with, and all the "popular" brands of SUSY theory were already falsified. It even failed it's own 'golden test'.

There's no guarantee, or even any sign at all, that anything else is going to show up at LHC, let alone a "long lived" particle with all the "properties" that astronomers need to fix their otherwise dead theory. Why then should I waste my time on a theory of the gaps argument? I don't even see any sign at all that the mainstream has responded to, or included all that mass found in plasma in 2012, right in the exact location of supposed "dark matter". I see no evidence they reworked their models to include all those small stars we "underestimated", or to include the fact that 1/2 the original light was being blocked. Instead I see them clinging to an "exotic matter of the gaps" claim and they avoid any attempt at minimizing the need for exotic matter in their galaxy mass estimates. If they did try to update them, then their "acoustics in space" claims wouldn't hold any water at all anymore and they'd blow their own elemental abundance figures right out of the water.

Like Neptune once was?
Nobody suggested that the reason that we couldn't see/locate Neptune yet was because there are planets that are actually made of 'invisible matter' did they?

You're still ignoring the difference between "limited technology/information' and "exotic matter" claims. If the astronomers were claiming that the "missing mass" could be either 'ordinary baryons" or some other exotic form of matter, that would be fine by me. However, they claim that the "missing mass' is *not* composed of ordinary baryons, but some *other* kind of matter. Their claim about the existence of SUSY sparticles is the equivalent of insisting that we couldn't find the planet Neptune because it was *necessarily* made of invisible material.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Let's try a different example. How does an ordinary coil of a car work in your opinion?

A coil works because ypou pass electric current through it. They like to tell you that a magnetic field is then formed, but why do they fail to mention the necessary other half, the "electric field"? This is why it is termed the electromagnetic force. Magnetism CAN NOT exist without electric fields and electric currents. Wherever there is a magnetic field there was first an electric field and an electric current. Magnetic fields merely store energy, which as we know can be released when a switch is thrown improperly or the current disconnects because the double layer collapses. But it is the energy released, not the magnetic field that does anything. If the magnetic field collapses, then it no longer exists to do anything, it is the stored energy that does the work, not the magnetic fields.

Charged Particle in a Magnetic Field

The Lorentz Force

Ampère's Circuital Law

Magnetic Field of a Solenoid

Origin of Permanent Magnetism

Ampère's Law

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
But it is the energy released, not the magnetic field that does anything. If the magnetic field collapses, then it no longer exists to do anything, it is the stored energy that does the work, not the magnetic fields.

I would argue that the energy is "stored" in the electromagnetic field of the primary, and transferred to the secondary via the magnetic field.

Electromagnetic induction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're essentially correct that the electrical current generates the magnetic field but the collapsing magnetic field is capable of accelerating charged particles in the secondary.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Pssh, reality is overrated :p
Jokes aside, positrons and such is way over my education.

IMO that's a bit of a cop out. We know from observations on Earth that electrical discharges on Earth release free positrons. We know other larger bodies in our own solar system, including the sun, experience even more powerful electrical discharges.

There were no SUSY "sparticles" found at LHC, and several "popular" non standard particle physics hypothesis were already falsified, relegating SUSY theory to an "invisible matter of the gaps" argument.

Those two bits of basic information are all anyone needs to know in order to deduce the 'more likely' cause of excess high energy positrons in space.

It doesn't even make sense at this point to point at positron emissions and claim that SUSY sparticles did it. No SUSY particles have ever been found, and no SUSY particles have been shown to emit positrons in any process known to man.

It may be so but to throw mud 'because they started it' is no way to debate.

Even when I "throw mud" as you put it, it's typically thrown at the *idea*, not the individual. It is absolutely "fair" IMO to note that the hypothetical particles of physics are in fact 'supernatural' entities that may or may not even exist in nature. Guth did in fact "make up" his hypothetical entity without a scientific precedent. Should I simply ignore that?

To use the terms 'crackpot' or otherwise derogatory/inflammatory terminology is worse than worthless. That goes for everybody.

Tell it to david, Tom Bridman, the rest of the EU/PC (empirical physics) haters.

I am sorry to break apart your posts like this, but it's crazy busy at work at the moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I would argue that the energy is "stored" in the electromagnetic field of the primary, and transferred to the secondary via the magnetic field.

Electromagnetic induction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're essentially correct that the electrical current generates the magnetic field but the collapsing magnetic field is capable of accelerating charged particles in the secondary.

And EM induction only works because there is an e-field (voltage differential) between two or more points on a conductor and the primary. I tend not to agree that it is the energy stored in the primary transfered to the secondary. When one moves a conductor in a magnetic field, there is no evidence that the primary is depleted of any energy whatsover beyond what it is emitting to stay balanced. In a plasma the secondary may also increase the energy in the primary system as well as gain it's own. Inexplicable? Perhaps, perhaps not.

It was this entire question which was the opening statement in E's first paper. His attempt as to explain why

On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies
It is known that Maxwell's electrodynamics—as usually understood at the present time—when applied to moving bodies, leads to asymmetries which do not appear to be inherent in the phenomena. Take, for example, the reciprocal electrodynamic action of a magnet and a conductor. The observable phenomenon here depends only on the relative motion of the conductor and the magnet, whereas the customary view draws a sharp distinction between the two cases in which either the one or the other of these bodies is in motion. For if the magnet is in motion and the conductor at rest, there arises in the neighbourhood of the magnet an electric field with a certain definite energy, producing a current at the places where parts of the conductor are situated. But if the magnet is stationary and the conductor in motion, no electric field arises in the neighbourhood of the magnet. In the conductor, however, we find an electromotive force, to which in itself there is no corresponding energy, but which gives rise—assuming equality of relative motion in the two cases discussed—to electric currents of the same path and intensity as those produced by the electric forces in the former case.
This is the complex part. It is the voltage differential in space between any two points (call this bent space if you will, voltage differential - energy - that's fine with me, E agrees - http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Extras/Einstein_ether.html

But voltage differential is not caused by mass, mass is caused by this voltage differential. Doubt this? This is why the barycenter of the Sun can be hundreds of kilometers outside its center. This is where the pinch is located, it is pulling the plasma from surrounding space towards it, which is why the Sun follows the barycenter, the barycenter does not follow the Sun.

Brb, gotta switch computers so can access my sources. Ipad aint no good for that :)

I say E's initial premise which he based from Mach's principle (who was also wrong) is wrong, it does rely on the motion of the conductor and conductor only. Doubt this? Take a magnet, place a piece of paper on it, sprinkle iron fillings, place pole of magnet beneath. Spin the magnet and come back and tell me what happens to the fillings?

Look at a transformer. The second coil has voltage passing across it, but all measurements show the magnetic field is confined to the steel loop. A mere 5% of the total magnetic field has been observed to leak near the second coil. Where is the energy coming from? What magnetic field is it interacting with?

Path of least resistance.

http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae512.cfm

Magnetic fields - always - take the path of least resistance.

You forget there are more than one solution to Maxwell's equations.

http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node51.html

This is what Tesla was experimenting with, wireless *power* transfer, not wireless *information* transfer. Even so he had about 20 patents in wireless information alone. Longitudinal waves, not transverse.

Weber had an almost complete relativistic formula for the electrical longitudinal force. It is this force that is classically left out of modern relativity theory.

http://www.ias.ac.in/pramana/sept2000/P5236.PDF

The modern electron mass ratio falls out of Weber's theory as a trivial matter. Maxwell simplified it, E tried to put it back, both failed. Weber's theory explains the speed of c, explains the asymmetries. Explains gravity that seems to be instantaneous, which one can still derive close to Weber's original relativistic theory with advanced potential solutions.

Although it should be noted quantum mechanics is an incomplete theory and has yet to explain the electrodynamic force. In reality quantum mechanics is not needed, merely Weber's Electrodynamic Laws.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
That they've managed to replace some of the placeholder is impressive though. That shows that there is something to it.

Exactly which placeholder terms have been replaced in astronomy over the past 30 years? By my count we started with one (dark matter) and now we have 3 (inflation/dark energy). Are you claiming that inflation *isn't* a placeholder term?

As for the emotional investment, I don't see why they wouldn't jump at the opportunity to write themselves as the founder of some knockout new view of the universe.

Well, for starters, we're all 100 years late to actually make that claim. Birkeland beat everyone to that 'knockout new view of the electric universe" by about 100 years.

It would also be the single most humbling thing to ever happen to an entire branch of physics, laying low *every* single 'field of expertise' in astronomy today, from solar physics, to 'inflation' guru's. The industry wide ego crush is the biggest obstacle to scientific progress at this point.

Actually, how I perceived it he seemed to have heard something about someone who'd studied the phenomenon you're talking (writing) about and gave his initial impression. Which later seemed to be consistent with the paper.

If my memory serves me right.

Actually he simply assumed what he wished to, and *finally* he found a paper that was consistent with that belief. That paper *proves* absolutely nothing except the fact that david can pick and choose his own reality like everyone else.

I can't say with certainty that it's a 4 billion year long structure, but he can't say with certainty that it's not either.

Umm... Isn't that energy as well? Potential energy.

No, it just a geometric feature in GR. *If* we separate objects of mass somehow, *that distance* of that second object, combined with that geometric curvature now becomes a form of potential energy.
They however need something to accelerate "space", not mass. They can't even demonstrate that "space" (physically undefined) an even "expand", let alone "accelerate". Both concepts (expansion and acceleration of space) are pure "acts of faith" of the part of the believer.
Inflammatory terminology.

I'll lift out the question about whether space and/or spacetime is defined or not as well (since we keep returning to that as well).
Inflammatory terminology.

It's completely true terminology, and why do you consider it to be 'inflammatory" in the first place? Is "faith" an inflammatory term in your opinion? If so, why?

Objects do no move in Lambda-CDM. They aren't claiming that the objects are moving or that they are accelerating. If they *were* making that claim, it wouldn't be a 'supernatural' claim to begin with. We observe the movement of objects and the acceleration of objects in the lab.

What Lambda-CDM claims is that "space" does a metaphysical expansion trick, creating more 'space' between objects. They 'cheated' because no object can travel faster than C, and to explain redshift strictly in terms of expansion would require faster that light speed expansion. The term "space" is not even defined in GR, or by GR. GR only defines *distance* and *spacetime*, not "space". "Spacetime" can expand as the objects that make up spacetime expand, but never can objects move faster than C. Space isn't physically defined. There is no definition of space in GR. It's a 'term' they simply invented, as though space and time can be separated, when GR theory actually insists that they cannot be separated.

The whole claims about 'space expansion' and "space acceleration" are metaphysical claims that defy an explanation in physics. "Space" doesn't even exist in GR. It's not physically defined by GR. It's not possible to even separate space and time in GR.

I'll lift out the question about whether space and/or spacetime is defined or not as well (since we keep returning to that as well).

Spacetime is defined in and by GR. Space is not. Distance and spacetime are the only things defined in GR.

No. The term god has luggage that is unnecessary. And I'm talking some major luggage.

The term "space" has luggage that is unnecessary too, but you expect me to pick up that metaphysical bag none the less. Why would I do such a thing?

So I have a better grasp of "the mainstream" than the "EU/PC theories", can you blame me?

I blame the astronomers for your ignorance, not the public. The public never even hears about EU/PC theory because the mainstream actually lies about the data. They called all that million degree mass they found last year a "hot gas" instead of even telling you it's a plasma. How would you even now that plasma cosmology theory is related to all that "hot gas" the claim surrounds our galaxy? You aren't even being given accurate facts. You're being told that we observe expansion, when all we observe is photon redshift. They don't tell you that inelastic scattering happens in plasma, so how would you even know that alternative concepts exist, let alone have any idea what they might be? The mainstream preys upon the ignorance of the public. They count on it in fact. They can get away with calling a million degree plasma a "hot gas' because most people don't know any better. They can hide PC theory from you and everyone else by calling it a 'hot gas'. They absolutely refuse to even acknowledge that PC theory is a viable alternative, so they call it a "hot gas".

One that I have had a rudimentary education of and some sporadic exposing of due to news articles. One that I heard about for the first time a few years ago.

I can't go further than my current understanding of something.
That's just not the case. You can go past your current understanding on almost any topic you choose to focus on. I had to read about 5 textbooks on plasma physics to really 'get a handle on it', and it did cost me money, and it did take personal effort. Even still, I learned from that process just like anyone else would learn from it. All it takes is motivation and effort. Education allows us all to grow in our understanding of any topic under the sun.

Again, I'm sorry that I have to nibble at your posts as I get time at work, but otherwise I'd never get through them. :)

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
"It is known that Maxwell's electrodynamics—as usually understood at the present time—when applied to moving bodies, leads to asymmetries which do not appear to be inherent in the phenomena."

Yet a far superior electrodynamic law exists that even Maxwell considered the "Ulitimate One". His one objection to considering it superior to anything else was satisfied, yet E used a theory admittedly of lesser value than one that explained it all physically. A reletivistic force law already existed by the first man to explain the speed of c and to measure it. Weber. A force law where all EM laws currently known can be derived from. That the electron mass-ratio is derived as a simple matter. That takes into account *all* moving bodies, not just one of two, as if the second one has no effect on the first.

http://www.ias.ac.in/pramana/sept2000/P5236.PDF

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
It's a helluva lot more empirical than what I deal with on a daily basis.
I object to you claiming it's not empirical.

I'll try to get to most of your posts today. For brevity sake (and both our sanity), I'll try to skip points that I believe are redundant. If I miss something that you feel is important however, let me know.

I wouldn't know.
Well, I've been studying solar physics and solar satellite images for most of my adult life. I would know, and I'm telling you that solar physics is in crisis, particularly if those convection numbers are confirmed by other helioseismology teams. In that case, the mainstream loses both it's primary energy source for solar atmospheric activity, but also any ability to keep iron and hydrogen mixed throughout a sun. Plasma separation is *a guarantee* at those speeds.

Frankly I think convection is more complex than than the mainstream realizes. It's probably much faster near the surface that it is at depth IMO, and specifically faster in the upper 3500-4800KM of the photosphere.

In a Birkeland model, the primary heating of the atmosphere takes between 4800, and 3500 KM below the surface of the photosphere. I'd expect convection to be fastest near the surface, and drop off drastically below about 4800KM.

Mass movements below very active regions could also be quite complex, with faster and slower movements directly under the sunspots, going to quite some depth, perhaps greater than 4800KM in some instances.

Was it necessary to significantly modify to fit the data?
That depends on how you look at it (or ultimately spin it I suppose). Astronomers have been "mystified' for awhile about a "missing baryon" problem. According to all their nucleosynthesis calculations in current BB models, "normal" (baryonic) matter should be about 5 percent of the matter in the universe, and the rest of the universe isn't supposed to be made of exotic matter (usually a SUSY sparticle) and exotic energy. They'd only found about half of that "baryonic matter" by January 2008.

2008 | Universe shines twice as bright | University of St Andrews

Shortly after January 2008, they found out that the universe was actually at least twice as bright, based on galaxies studies to a redshift of about 1. It could be even *brighter* beyond a z>1 redshift for all we know. That however does raise a question. How do we make distant galaxies twice as bright? Do we add twice as many stars? Astronomers tended to suggest that they were 'brighter' because the largest starts were "larger", and then tended to minimize that number but it still added about 20 percent more mass to a galaxy.

NASA - Galaxies Demand a Stellar Recount

The following year they discovered that their galaxy mass estimation techniques had a serious flaw in terms of 'guestimating' the number of small stars in a galaxy. They missed the number by a lot, by a factor of 4 actually. Again, they miscalculated the mass, and/or they'd found more of their missing baryons if you prefer to spin it "positively".

NASA - NASA's Chandra Shows Milky Way is Surrounded by Halo of Hot Gas

Crunch time however came last year in 2012, when they found more baryons in the form of plasmas (misidentified as a 'hot gas' in that article) than had been identified in the whole of human history prior to 2012.

At this point, they do not have a "missing baryon" problem, they have an unexplained overabundance of baryon mass problem.

The astronomers 'fiddled' with their nucleosynthesis numbers right after the PLANCK data came out. The various numbers got tweaked a bit, but less than 1 percent in terms of the predicted amount of baryonic matter. In order to get their calculations to work right, they can't *afford* an overabundance of baryon matter. It would mess everything else up 'big time'.

The expected "crisis" never ensued of course because everyone would rather turn their head and pretend it didn't happen, but that 2012 finding when combined with the other two findings puts them in a baryon bind. They have to explain now why they are *over* budget in term of baryons, but so far not a peep.

Objective evidence has nothing to do with any explanation.

They're the results of the basic assumptions one makes in order to interact with the universe and the observations derived from that.
To ascribe something to them other than that would be to apply subjectivity and thus rendering them unobjective.

Example:
Objective evidence:
This rock fell.

Subjective evidence:
This rock fell due to gravity.
The thing is, you're simply giving a name to an empirical process. If I pick something up, and I let it go, it falls until it hits the surface of the Earth. Whatever we call it, it's something that shows up here on Earth and has an effect on us right here on Earth. We can build 'controlled experiments" to test any and all mathematical models that we like.

That's very different than claiming something that never happens on Earth only happens in space in the most inconvenient places possible (between galaxy clusters apparently), and nobody on Earth can build any experiments with real control mechanisms to test anything.

You're right in the sense we're attributing a name to an observation and that becomes a "little" subjective. It's still *objective* in the sense that the process itself shows up on Earth in controlled experimentation.

That's quite different than subjectively deciding based on one otherwise falsified cosmology theory that new matter or energy must exist in nature, and they all defy testing on Earth. Even when the popular brands of SUSY theory bit the dust at LHC, nobody in the field of astronomy started to panic about it. They seem quite content and satisfied with a dark matter of the gaps claim by now. I see no evidence that even a negative finding in all later LHC experiments would sway their unwavering faith in exotic matter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
As one would expect, it's not as if you get a gentlemen diploma with your degree.

No, but as you'd expect, one does get an education in terms of the mainstream mindset, their reaction to being questioned, their way of dealing with dissent, etc. For instance, I've never seen a more draconian rule system on *any* message board on any topic than the one in place at CosmoQuest, formerly called "Bad Astronomy", which I thought was a much better name for the place. Rarely if every do you see such a draconian cult like mentality in cyberspace. It says something quite negative about them.

JREF was a real eye opener for me personally. I wasn't aware of how "bad" it really was in terms of astronomers understanding of plasma physics until that experience.

The effort was worth it IMO, and it certainly enlightened me as to why the mainstream is so out of touch with reality today, 95 percent out of touch in fact.

There are also cross-area experts, I'd rely on those to tie things together. As the scientific areas get so very deep now we have to be realistic.
That's just it. Everyone "specializes" in some specific area that is currently 'popular' like dark energy, and maybe two areas like dark energy and inflation. They rarely if ever have to *necessarily* understand plasma physics to do 'their' job with inflation and/or dark energy or SUSY theories.

Then update the data, it can't be that hard since it's soon 100 years ago since he died. It should be easy to show that the data would be inconsistent with the current model if it's so important.

Of course, no need to start big. Start small and provoke additional inquiry. As I wrote earlier, it's the body of evidence that is the important.
I hear you on that point.

Perhaps you'd need a stronger connection?
It sure wouldn't hurt. :)

Unfortunately there are people in science.
As for what could cause damage, I'd say that it's a possibility that if people have read what you write, and if they've disliked it, they might be influenced to the negative side.
It really 'shouldn't' matter what they think of some random guy in cyberspace, they should be reading Birkeland's materials on their own, based on their *own* internal curiosity in the matter. That is particularly true since that solar convection bombshell last year.

I can certainly be abrasive like everyone else, but ultimately personality is irrelevant, and it wasn't my idea to start with.

I do hear you however about being a "good messenger' rather than burning bridges.

And, hoping I won't be to harsh, you've written plenty of things that have gotten me to view you in negative light due to your use of inflammatory terminology. Which is partly why I'm pushing to try to get you to lessen it.
Ok. I hear you on that point.

Possible. But then I can't evaluate how relevant it is to the field.
It's about 26.8 percent relevant these days. :)

The fact that I can't name any other source is no demonstration.
It should be. If there is already an obvious way generate gamma rays, why even reach into a mystical bag of supposedly 'dark/invisible' tricks trying to claim 'dark matter did it"? How does that even make any sense unless you're *desperate* to claim that there is some sort of evidence to support dark matter? The whole thing reeks of an affirming the consequent fallacy, not to mention how goofy it is to call it "dark matter' and also claim it emits gamma rays on command. :confused:

If they've done an exhaustive search and found nothing I guarantee you they'll do something about it. As far as I know, we've only scratched the surface.
I have no idea how you can make such a guarantee since they've already falsified all their "popular" SUSY theories, and they'll looked at half the energy spectrum without finding even a hint of any kind of a 'sparticle', let alone a long lived new form of matter.

So far I've seen few if any changes in the astronomical literature. It's still pretty much a SUSY theory of the gaps argument as it relates to the CDM part of Lambda-CDM.

Assuming LHC finds no new long lived particles, I sure *hope* you're right that they'll reevaluate their beliefs, but I must admit I'm skeptical and rather jadedly so I'm afraid.

Which is why it isn't a "pure act of faith".
Also. Again with the inflammatory terminology.
It's interesting that atheists find the term "faith" to be inflammatory. Most theists, myself included, do not. I do however try to differentiate between empirical physics and my own acts of faith in hypothetical things, be they hypothetical entities related to religion or science. Apparently atheists don't like to admit that to "hold belief' in a hypothetical entity of 'science', is ultimately an "act of faith". Sorry, but that is the case.

I see "faith" as a necessary part of life, a necessary part of religion, and a necessary part of science as well. It's not a "bad" thing from my perspective, but it is different from empirical physics.

Ignored? Didn't David provide with a paper about it?
Ya, apparently someone finally wrote one. :) As David suggested, it was all a "the previous paper was unreliable" spiel. Another example of how unfalsifiable their belief system really is. Pretty much any data can be 'spun' in various ways and they spin it to suit themselves quite systematically.

No. I've deduced that about every inelastic scattering you've shown me.
You haven't experimented in a lab yet, so your quick little mathematical calculations haven't actually been "tested" yet to know if they are definitive, now have they?

If you read carefully what you've written you've not excluded the off chance that a photon may stray and return from another angle (giving the impression that it comes from a different light source altogether). You've also excluded the minimal possibility that they actually can return on track.
I don't think you can treat photons strictly as particles in all instances, and not consider the wave. The wave seems to have some effect on the trajectory too. Somewhere around here I posted an article on that point. Astronomers need to *test* their claims about inelastic scattering in real labs, in an exhaustive variety of conditions, and they simply haven't.

I am suggesting, supported by my deduction, that it doesn't happen at a significant amount by the processes you've explained/presented to me.
The problem is that your deduction isn't *tested* against real experimental data to even find out if you're right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.