✟8,865.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Engaged
Praise Jesus Brethren,

I would like to know where I can find scriptures in the bible that indicate that all the above mentioned are evil and or why.
I had never a bad experience with any of these except of one lady who tried to tell me that the devil only exists if we believe in him. One thing I noticed is that all the above believe most likely in god, but don't mention him or Jesus at all in any of their readings.
I had great messages from Mediums and they all spoke big truths, but are they descendants of god? What are your thoughts and facts?
Going to them for consultation is evil, a sin, or very ok?

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are told that Jesus is The Truth, the Life and the Way. We are to put our trust in him and in him only.
We have no need of any other intermeditory.
God knows our future and he has a plan for us.

If you want to know what the bible says use google or biblegateway and research it.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are several passages in the Bible that mention that we are not to consult the dead, so consulting with mediums or necromancers/séances would be included under that category. However, I believe most/many astrologers, fortune teller/tarot, palm readers, diviners, etc. are really just good at reading the person they are consulting for and giving answers that are vague enough to apply to most any person. This is more of a party trick or similar to what a professional psychologist might do than an "evil" gift or something coming from God - or the Devil. Many of these readings or fortunes are just specific enough, but also vague enough, that one can make inferences to your own life events. So, while not evil per se, they are not really needed. As the Bible tells us, we are to trust in the Lord.

That said, actual telling of the future and such is prohibited.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Praise Jesus Brethren,

I would like to know where I can find scriptures in the bible that indicate that all the above mentioned are evil and or why.
I had never a bad experience with any of these except of one lady who tried to tell me that the devil only exists if we believe in him. One thing I noticed is that all the above believe most likely in god, but don't mention him or Jesus at all in any of their readings.
I had great messages from Mediums and they all spoke big truths, but are they descendants of god? What are your thoughts and facts?

The activities you mention are clearly condemned in the Bible. In fact, the death penalty was the punishment for engaging in them,

Leviticus 19:31
'Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 20:6
'As for the person who turns to mediums and to spiritists, to play the harlot after them, I will also set My face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.

Leviticus 20:27
'Now a man or a woman who is a medium or a spiritist shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones, their bloodguiltiness is upon them.'"

"When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord." (Deuteronomy 18:9-12 NIV)

The reason such activities are condemned is because they are means by which the Devil and his rebel angels or demons use to influence mankind.

Here is an example:

"Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, 'These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.' And this she did for many days. But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, 'I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.' And he came out that very hour. (Acts 16:16-19, NKJV).

Of course the demon was trying to popularize spiritism which it knew was prohibited by the Mosaic Law.

Astrology comes under the category of looking for omens or signs. Astrolgers are spoken against in the Bible for the same reason.

Isaiah 47:13–14 (ESV)

13 You are wearied with your many counsels;

let them stand forth and save you,

those who divide the heavens,

who gaze at the stars,

who at the new moons make known

what shall come upon you.

14 Behold, they are like stubble;

the fire consumes them;

they cannot deliver …

What does the Bible say about astrology or the zodiac? Is astrology something a Christian should study?

Here is another informative article:
What does God say about channeling and mediums? | Bibleinfo.com

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you have a specific reason for asking?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ok thank you. But Star Signs and horoscopes are so true. It helps many people to understand others and themselves. It is hard to find anything bad in it. Hmmm.
Satan is the biggest deceiver ever found in scripture. He does everything from look beautiful, to look inviting and his only goal ? To only lead us to destruction. He leads us in to things that look awesome, just as the end times will be with the antichrist. He makes things sound all great and then turns on us. is there power in those things you mention ? You bet there is !! It's not about what seems good in it but who is behind it . I just had this talk with my 17 yo grand daughter two days ago, who also thinks she sees the benefit in that stuff. Listen to me, if you are truly born again, Jesus should be sending you discernment over this, which may very well be why you are asking. If you have practiced or used this stuff ? I would confess to Him and move on, be done with it ASAP. Don't mess with it, that power is real and it's straight from Hell.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ok thank you. But Star Signs and horoscopes are so true. It helps many people to understand others and themselves. It is hard to find anything bad in it. Hmmm.

There is nothing bad in anything if you are not looking. As a friend of mine said there is no such thing as a happy medium as they are all controlled by Satan.

Most of them will say whatever it is that will make you happy. There are a 101 things they can pick on that will apply to you as it is so generic the chance of them missing the mark is minimal.

I watched a medium at work in a TV programme and most of the audience wanted to know how a dead relation was doing. Of course, he said that everyone was doing all right and they need not worry. No one in the audience cottoned onto the fact that he gave the same answer to everyone.

Tak about money for old rope.

This same friend of mine went to a meeting run by a medium and sat at the back. Afterward, she came up to him and asked if he was a Christian. He said yes and she said she could see an aura around him that indicated his spiritual dimension.

One evening I was doing some street evangelism and came upon a person who called himself a white witch and he did good things for people. I said there is no such thing. A witch is a witch and unless he repented of his sin he was bound for hell. Within half an hour I just missed being run down by a car. The driver's intention was to kill me because when he discovered he had failed he stopped his car got out and came back to me and punched me in the face and knocked me out cold.

There is nothing good about any of them. They are servants of Satan and should be avoided at all cost because they do have Satanic power and unless you know what you are doing you could be entangled in their desire to control you as freedom is not a word that Satan understands.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I would like to know where I can find scriptures in the bible that indicate that all the above mentioned are evil and or why....
The issue is, I take it, that you feel such things are harmless or even beneficial and want to know if the Bible says anything to the contrary. In fact, it says a lot. Please read the following verses for yourself.

Leviticus 19:31

Leviticus 20:27

Leviticus 20:6

Deuteronomy 18:10-12

Isaiah 8:19

Jeremiah 10:2

Acts 16:16-19

Romans 12:2

• Friendly
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Brilliantje

Born Again with the love of Jesus.
Apr 27, 2017
Kampala
✟8,865.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Engaged
Ok the reason why I am asking is, because our Pastor also gives prophesy. Not all the time and he doesn't charge for it. But he can see a lot out of your past and in your future. He is an anointed Servant of god and I felt the power of Jesus through him many times when he touched or prayed for me. Of course he speaks of God and Jesus all the time. He preaches the gospel. Many mediums, psychics, astrologers most of the time don't talk about god or if they do they deny anything from hell very much, which is immediately a red flag of course.
I have not experienced any harm by going to to any medium. I have been for years with the Spiritualist Churches in Ottawa and Toronto and it had helped me so much to get closer to god. But looking back I believe it also drew me closer to Satan, because of the types of meditations and out of body experiences I had.
But the question is here as well if it is bad for a Pastor to talk about someone's past or give a prophecy, even if it is uplifting?
Because I also believe that we are in control of our outcomes if we change our attitude and directions. How we pray and what god has planned for us. There are just a lot of thoughts running through my head now.

Another questions. Is it bad to keep anything from your loved once who passed on? Is it bad to talk to them? Since it is a sin when Mediums talk to Spirits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
But the question is here as well if it is bad for a Pastor to talk about someone's past or give a prophecy, even if it is uplifting?
It seems to me that, if you were to consider all those Bible verses (and there are more) that I listed for you, the conclusion would be that such things are to be avoided. That you might feel uplifted or that the pastor might guess correctly sometimes, in no way makes him annointed or the practices you've mentioned be God-pleasing.

As I said, that's my view of the matter. I am not one to damn people or claim that they're dealing with Satanism or anything else like that, but to me, it's clear that these practices are contrary to God's word.

Another questions. Is it bad to keep anything from your loved once who passed on? Is it bad to talk to them? Since it is a sin when Mediums talk to Spirits.
Of course. Necromancy is forbidden by the Bible, regardless of who's doing it.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me that, if you were to consider all those Bible verses (and there are more) that I listed for you, the conclusion would be that such things are to be avoided. That you might feel uplifted or that the pastor might guess correctly sometimes, in no way makes him annointed or the practices you've mentioned be God-pleasing.

As I said, that's my view of the matter. I am not one to damn people or claim that they're dealing with Satanism or anything else like that, but to me, it's clear that these practices are contrary to God's word.

Of course. Necromancy is forbidden by the Bible, regardless of who's doing it.
What do you feel Prophesying is? Are you saying that there are no more prophets and that God will never give you information about anothers future to help them change?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Another result of consulting spiritists might be losing a lot of money. You see, there are people who are out to take advantage of the needful gullible and unfortunately, when one is needful, one tends to be gullible. You know, because of wishful thinking or hope for an easier way out of a problem.

My parents once fell into that trap.

There had been a misunderstanding with the apartment administration office, an eviction notice was issued.

That's when someone recommended this spiritist who had supposedly helped others with similar problems via casting spells. So they decided to go see him.

Arriving at his decrepit apartment, they wondered how he was supposed to help them when he could obviously not help himself escape poverty, But desperation for a solution made them rationalize the discrepancy away..

As they stood there waiting, they noticed many bottles of different colors, shapes and sizes on makeshift wooden shelves all along the living room wall.

Each had a label with the name of a spirit that he had somehow in some way supposedly imprisoned within and who when released he claimed, would do his bidding.

Each also had a price according to the power it could exert.

The most expensive was supposedly imprisoned in a big bottle on the top shelf and he claimed that for eviction purposes it would be overkill and in that way gained their trust for honesty.

Instead he recommended a far less powerful spirit contained in a small bottle which he casually said that he usually sent out on such minor assignments.

My parents purchased and released it once they arrived home feeling that the problem had been solved. Three weeks later, to their surprise, they were reminded that they had two more weeks in which to vacate.

Frustrated and angry that he might have been duped, my father called the fellow who of course, expressed great astonishment assuring him that this particular spirit had an impeccable reputation and had never failed anyone else before.

So something extremely sinister had to be afoot and it might be-[get this!] invisible threads which needed to be eradicated in order for the spell to work. A personal visit was in order when such a serious obstacle was encountered, so he promised to be right over to take a look.

Of course upon arrival the little high-strung weasel-like fellow squinted about nervously as if supernaturally detecting something obvious only to him.

Then he expressed astonishment on how many threads there were crisscrossing the apartment's atmosphere.

After mentioning many possible causes common to marriage couples, he suddenly whipped out some scissors which looked as if purchased at the ten-cent store, but which he claimed had been infused with special power via incantations, and began wandering about energetically snipping the air with them.

After going throughout the apartment that way, closets, under the bed, behind the widow curtains etcetara, for approx. 25 minutes and declaring it sound. Then casually announced that the apartment cleansing would cost $25.

But he wasn't through yet. No siree Bob! Such opportunities don't come along every day! Just before he left he solemnly warned that the threads might slowly and insidiously grow back.

To prevent this he recommended certain rituals written in this this white book with the face of this pale emaciate, bearded man resembling Svengali on the cover. Of course that cost an additional five bucks. These were USA 1950's dollars.

Two weeks later my parents had to move anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(Thanks for posting the Scriptures about palm readers, etc).

There's main differences between the psychic stuff and the prophetic including The Source of the information and the purpose. Everything Yahweh does has a purpose so we need to hear His voice concerning everything.

Manifestations of the gifts of The Spirit includes "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;" I Cor 12:8 Also, "Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." How do we prove all things? - think we have to foremost look at Holy Scripture, The Holy Spirit, prayer, spiritual discernment, hearing God's voice for ourselves - confirmation (Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12; II Cor 13:1), and Godly counsel (Prov 11:14).

Same method applies to sermons "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11

Encourage repentance for looking to ungodly sources for help, encouragement, and input instead of Yahweh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I can't speak of the pastor's abilities, I can on the rest.

Mixing Jesus with spiritualists, powers of enlightenment, mediums etc etc, won't work. You are playing with fire. I've seen it before and seen where along the way excessive bugs or black flies , even demons start showing up surround their lives, often followed by insecurities, even fear. Honestly, and now you get into disposing of that trash in your life. Way better to immerse yourself into Jesus, he knows anything you need to know about yourself and even things you don't know.. I know this stuff is probably part of the culture there and evangelists always have to break new believers from it. You can not serve two masters ( I know this speaks of money but use the analogy):
Matthew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters ... - Bible Hub

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brilliantje

Born Again with the love of Jesus.
Apr 27, 2017
Kampala
✟8,865.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Engaged
Ufff I didn't mean that my topic should switch up things so much. I think there is still a big time difference between someone who can give you a prophecy or someone who does witchcraft. But I don't want that to cause a huge discussion here. Thanks for everyone tho on your opinions and scriptures. May god all bless you and bring what belongs to you in this life.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0