Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
While I try to sample a wide variety of nightmares while I sleep (last night was actually vampires with chainsaws!) I have never managed one about dry ice, perhaps because I've used it so routinely in my career. I suspect pretty much everyone in the US can get stuff frozen in dry ice shipped to their door. I wonder if dry ice might actually better than refrigerated in less developed countries also. You don't need a refrigerated truck, for instance.
Hah ! Since you're a prolific dreamer dry ice is up and coming now that it's lock trapped into your memory banks !!

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Trump didn't make this vaccination. And Democrats are smart enough to know this. I know plenty of Democrats plan to take this vaccine, When it's available. People are being lied to or believing un educated people, that know nothing about politics. I know plenty of Trump supporters and Conservative Christians that wont take this vaccine or any.
It's been made a political disease. And there are anti-Trumpers who will put their politics ahead of public health. Just like the anti-vax crowd puts their phobias ahead of public health. Now I don't like needles but I'll take this one. I'm going to ask for a morally produced vaccine though. The Catholic hospital I would get the vaccine through had better be able to handle that.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Correction: Some are developed using 2 foetal cell lines that came from 2 abortions 60 years ago.

I get this may have the same moral issues, but lets try for some accuracy.

Use of fetal tissue in vaccine development - Wikipedia.
Which brings up the way one might use Nazi medicine. It's old, so is it OK to use his research? Doctor Joe Mengele learned a lot of interesting things about human physiology. For example, he learned a lot about freezing people to death. Most doctors won't touch that work. Eh, maybe these days it's all OK.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Which brings up the way one might use Nazi medicine. It's old, so is it OK to use his research? Doctor Joe Mengele learned a lot of interesting things about human physiology. For example, he learned a lot about freezing people to death. Most doctors won't touch that work. Eh, maybe these days it's all OK.

Like I said, it might well have the same moral issues, I mean, I explicitly said that.. Regardless, the use of present tense... "Some are developed using fetal cell lines obtained through abortions" is misleading. It was my understanding your religion frowned on falsehood and confusion. But I guess I could be wrong.

Have you seen what the Catholic Church has to say on the matter?

"The Pontifical Academy for Life, concluded in 2005 that parents may allow their children to receive vaccines made from fetal tissue if no alternative exists and there is a grave health risk."

Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Like I said, it might well have the same moral issues, I mean, I explicitly said that.. Regardless, the use of present tense... "Some are developed using fetal cell lines obtained through abortions" is misleading. It was my understanding your religion frowned on falsehood and confusion. But I guess I could be wrong.
You could be wrong, particularly about my supposed spreading of falsehood and confusion. Some are being developed (in the present) using fetal cell lines obtained through abortions (at some point in time). If you wish to challenge that you are free to do so. But there is no intent on my part to mislead or spread falsehood or confuse.

The current known moral status of the various Covid vaccines is found here: https://cogforlife.org/wp-content/uploads/CovidCompareMoralImmoral.pdf
"The Pontifical Academy for Life, concluded in 2005 that parents may allow their children to receive vaccines made from fetal tissue if no alternative exists and there is a grave health risk."
That is true, but it is a moral 'low pass' and then only if, as you quoted, 'no alternative exists'. Looks like there will be alternatives.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟816,690.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wont be taking it. Maybe in several years time. Not now. These things usually take years to make sure they are safe, long term.

The Oxford research is based on a project that predates covid19 explaining how they have come up with the best vaccine so far from a global distribution point of view. It can be stored in a fridge and is much cheaper than the alternatives. Efficacy of 90% with the proper dosage regime means it is also as effective as the alternatives.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟158,769.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I expect to be offered the Oxford vaccine some time after Christmas and I will jump at the chance. I trust the Oxford team to provide a safe vaccine; I trust the very extensive testing that has taken place. Why should I trust them? One reason would be that there are more Nobel Laureates per square mile in Oxford than anywhere else in the world. I certainly trust their word over cockamamy conspiracy theory inventors.

Nano-technology? Absolute idiocy! If you carry a mobile phone, go on social media or buy something on a card you leave an easily read trail of your movements and your lifestyle. And people use the data. I think the conspiracy theory goes something like this: give everybody a disease or trick them into thinking they have a disease; pretend to find a miracle cure and sell it, thereby injecting nano-technology into them.

Mwa-ha-ha-ha! (Strokes white cat on lap.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,191.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Oxford research is based on a project that predates covid19 explaining how they have come up with the best vaccine so far from a global distribution point of view. It can be stored in a fridge and is much cheaper than the alternatives. Efficacy of 90% with the proper dosage regime means it is also as effective as the alternatives.

I will still stay clear of it..

Upvote 0

MyOwnSockPuppet

Regeneration of myself after computer failure
Feb 22, 2013
Oxford, UK
✟180,229.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I expect to be offered the Oxford vaccine some time after Christmas and I will jump at the chance. I trust the Oxford team to provide a safe vaccine; I trust the very extensive testing that has taken place. Why should I trust them? One reason would be that there are more Nobel Laureates per square mile in Oxford than anywhere else in the world. I certainly trust their word over cockamamy conspiracy theory inventors.

Nano-technology? Absolute idiocy! If you carry a mobile phone, go on social media or buy something on a card you leave an easily read trail of your movements and your lifestyle. And people use the data. I think the conspiracy theory goes something like this: give everybody a disease or trick them into thinking they have a disease; pretend to find a miracle cure and sell it, thereby injecting nano-technology into them.

Mwa-ha-ha-ha! (Strokes white cat on lap.)

I'm not sure where I'd be in the priority list, my immune system treats most ilnesses as very small sources of extra protein, but my wife's medical history has more red flags on it than the Labour Party conference.
I'd imagine that she'll be in the first wave and I (on the guilt by association theory) will be somewhere between that and the normal place in the queue for a forty-something white male.

As far as the tinfoil hat nanosurveillance brigade, you're right, plus in the UK if you go out in any town or city centre there'll be cctv cameras anyway.

Upvote 0

Aaron_Bethlhm

Nov 20, 2020
New Jerusalem (destination)
✟2,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
I will still stay clear of it..
How about "an offer you maybe can't refuse? " .... like FOR FREE - FORD F150 -
'guaranteed' to get over 8mpg (downhill anyway) , might have bad transmission. might have 2 spark plugs missing. might have sugar in the gass. might have toxic exhaust leak into the cab ....
but the government will giver it to you for free, paying 18,000 out of taxpayer money , so free , but for you maybe a $500.00 handling charge ? and no refunds, no suing for liability if anything happens, perhaps subject to a court gag order .... and so on....

Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟158,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
'guaranteed' to get over 8mpg (downhill anyway) , might have bad transmission. might have 2 spark plugs missing. might have sugar in the gass. might have toxic exhaust leak into the cab ....
but the government will giver it to you for free, paying 18,000 out of taxpayer money , so free , but for you maybe a $500.00 handling charge ? and no refunds, no suing for liability if anything happens, perhaps subject to a court gag order .... and so on....
What are you babbling about? I don't think you are in the right thread - please double-check.

Upvote 0

Aaron_Bethlhm

Nov 20, 2020
New Jerusalem (destination)
✟2,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
What are you babbling about? I don't think you are in the right thread - please double-check.
I've seen dozens if not hundreds of people, and possibly many thousands referred to, who will glibly, naively, and happily, take a pill without having any idea what it does to them. (like trusting a used-car (or new?) salesman) ...
Even without ever searching for what really happens or why and how, and what to honestly do about that.
Thus as God says in His Word - those who put their trust in mankind/ the flesh/
God curses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,191.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Nope

• Winner
Reactions: Aaron_Bethlhm
Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟158,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You can look up the actual side effects if you want to. I just posted this in another thread:
the Grade 3 events were fatigue in 9.7% of patients, myalgia (muscle pain) in 8.9%, arthralgia (joint pain) in 5.2%, headache in 4.5%, and just “pain” in 4.1%. I would assume that there is overlap in these categories. The company says that these were “generally short lived”. The FDA’s guidance on event reporting would class these as “significant, prevents daily activity”, but not requiring hospitalization. So my read now with the data we have is that up to 10% of people taking the shot will spend the next day or so in bed, feeling like they’ve been hit with a really bad flu.
That was about the Moderna vaccine, not the Astrazeneca one, but neither was your link and it didn't seem to bother you. So yes, about 10% will want to stay home the next day. I am indeed worried that that will be too much for people who couldn't be bothered to even wear a mask, but I think the efficacy figures might persuade quite a few of them.
https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/11/16/modernas-vaccine-efficacy-readout
want more?
No, I've had enough antivaxx idiocy for one day, thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0