• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Asthmatic/chronic bronchitis

Stringfellow_Hawke

Jul 4, 2018
West Virginia
✟37,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In late 2017, days after turning 32, I was diagnosed with asthma. In November that year, my wife and I went to Wheeling WV to a hockey game for our 5th year anniversary and we planned to stay the night in neighboring St. Clairsville OH. That night, I couldn’t stop coughing after only 2 hours of sleep. It just wouldn’t stop. In the weeks preceding I had been coughing on and off like most would with a cold but nothing too bad. Later the next month, it hit me hard one night driving home from work. It was bad, so bad I nearly passed out at the wheel and even vomited all over myself. I took a big dose of NyQuil when I got home and that stopped it. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed,given a breathing treatment, and an inhaler and some antibiotics. That helped until the inhaler ran out. I wound up going back for the same thing and additional medicine. This time I’m told it’s bronchitis. I don’t think it’s going to go away. I’ve had to use my inhaler a lot this past week due to the heat and humidity.

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟41,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No they didn’t but I know what you’re talking about because my mom has one .
You should ask your doctor for one.They are usually portable and come with small little doses of liquid medicine to put in them.They usually clear up asthma attacks.You can also order your own machine online as well

Upvote 0