Just doing the best I can.
May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am really sick again. I was starting to get better, but I've now had a relapse. I've had this for almost a month and a half now.

I can't sleep at night because of the severe coughing and wheezing. Breathing is really difficult at times.

I've already been to the doctor, and she prescribed antibiotics and an inhaler. My condition improved somewhat immediately after I finished the antibiotics, but now I'm pretty much right back where I started. And the problem with the inhaler is that I'm only supposed to take a puff from it every 4 hours, and only 4 times a day. Unfortunately, I find that it's only effective for about an hour after I take it, so I am miserable for the remaining three hours. Also, 4 doses a day, every 4 hours, obviously does not cover 24 hours.

I have been doing some reading about this condition, and from what I understand, there's not even any point in going back to the doctor. Once I've taken antibiotics and it hasn't helped, there's nothing else they can do. I've just got to wait it out, I guess.

But I am feeling really bad and I'm downright scared at times when I'm having trouble getting my breath.

iamjcs

Dec 19, 2005
NE Alabama
✟2,345.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
You are added to my prayer list for continued prayer.

Also, I may have some helpful ideas if you can give me more infoormation. (Any chest congestion, stuffy nose, asma, &/or other?)

Post answers here or PM me

Lifting You to God,
iamjcs (I AM Jesus Christ'S)

Upvote 0

Amélie Unbound

May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Chest congestion: Yes.

Runny nose: Not really.

Asthma: I don't have a history of it, but I am definitely having the symptoms of it now. From what I understand, it has been triggered by the bronchitis.

I had all the usual cold symptoms before I took the antibiotics, such as runny/stuffy nose, sore throat, fever, etc., but that has all gone away now. Now I just have the severe cough and wheezing (mostly on the exhale, but in the past couple of days it's been on the inhale too). I do not have a lot of mucous; it is a dry cough, painful at times. The worst part is the occasional breathing difficulties though. :(

Upvote 0

Amélie Unbound

May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Check-out:

Mucinex is an OverTheCounter 12hour cough expectorant WITHOUT any decongestant or anti-histamine also there is 12hour Mucinex DM, with cough expectorant & suppressant.

I hope it is as helpful to you as it's been to me.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will check it out.

I really appreciate your prayers. Thank you.

Upvote 0

whitedove7

Dec 21, 2004
United States
Visit site
✟1,344.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lord, I lift up my sister in Christ that is suffering sickness in her body. I pray peace over her and I pray against all fear, stress or any anxiety going on in her or around her and I pray for your perfect peace and that you will touch her body and bring healing in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Upvote 0

VioletAngel

God bless!
Feb 5, 2005
California
✟15,809.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have had severe bronchitis and contracted asthma by the time I was 50. Since you also are new to having this condition I will tell you what helps me and what doesn't.

1). It is imperative you stay away from your asthma triggers.

2). Inhalers do not work. PERIOD. In fact, my inhaler (as you said too) only works for half an hour to an hour, and then the asthma gets worse! I just found out that if it makes your asthma worse, don't use it at all.

3). If you can, get an air purifier machine. Mine really helps.

4). A home remedy for asthma is a little apple cider/juice in blackberry brandy. Measure this half and half. A sip or two works instantly. I used this on my son when he was growing up, and now he is asthma free. I mix up a pint at a time and stick it in the fridge. This way it is handy even in the middle of the night.

5). Light exercise daily helps when you are not experiencing asthma symptoms. I believe it keeps the attacks from happening so frequently, and also makes them less severe when they do happen. My son was always swimming, and I credit this exercise to helping him grow out of it. His was a bad case, but now that he is 23, he barely remembers it.

6.) Get as much rest as possible during an attack. If your fingernails turn blue, get to the hospital emergency room as soon as possible. I did not know this, and had it for a while before someone (a nurse) told me.

Hope this helps. However, what works for one person may not work for another. Will pray you heal quickly and permanently. Asthma is a terrible thing to have.

Upvote 0

Amélie Unbound

May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Paisley Rose said:
I have had severe bronchitis and contracted asthma by the time I was 50. Since you also are new to having this condition I will tell you what helps me and what doesn't.

1). It is imperative you stay away from your asthma triggers.

2). Inhalers do not work. PERIOD. In fact, my inhaler (as you said too) only works for half an hour to an hour, and then the asthma gets worse! I just found out that if it makes your asthma worse, don't use it at all.

3). If you can, get an air purifier machine. Mine really helps.

4). A home remedy for asthma is a little apple cider/juice in blackberry brandy. Measure this half and half. A sip or two works instantly. I used this on my son when he was growing up, and now he is asthma free. I mix up a pint at a time and stick it in the fridge. This way it is handy even in the middle of the night.

5). Light exercise daily helps when you are not experiencing asthma symptoms. I believe it keeps the attacks from happening so frequently, and also makes them less severe when they do happen. My son was always swimming, and I credit this exercise to helping him grow out of it. His was a bad case, but now that he is 23, he barely remembers it.

6.) Get as much rest as possible during an attack. If your fingernails turn blue, get to the hospital emergency room as soon as possible. I did not know this, and had it for a while before someone (a nurse) told me.

Hope this helps. However, what works for one person may not work for another. Will pray you heal quickly and permanently. Asthma is a terrible thing to have.

Wow, thank you for this advice! This is really helpful!

About the blackberry brandy, I have never heard of that. Do you think I could get it at any liquor store?

Thanks to everyone who has prayed for me. I really appreciate it! God bless you all!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amélie Unbound

May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm back. I went to the doctor. She prescribed a better inhaler, and it's helping. She also sent me to have a chest x-ray, because she suspects that I now have pneumonia. I am awaiting the results.

I really, really appreciate the prayers. God bless you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iamjcs

Dec 19, 2005
NE Alabama
✟2,345.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
FOR NOW:

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Arrow Blackberry Brandy
trans_1x1.gif
pa85434
trans_1x1.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]1 for $12.55, 3 for $35.76, 6 for $67.74, 12 for $127.92 (PLUS Shipping) @ http://www.internetwines.com/spirits-liqueur-blackberry.html[/FONT]

FOR FUTURE (takes 3 months + 1 day):

Title: Blackberry Brandy Yield: 1 1/2 pints

2 1/2 c Ripe blackberries; rinsed
2 c Brandy; approximately
3/4 c Sugar
1/3 c Water
1 TBSP Grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp Glycerine; optional

Lightly crush 2c of the berries with a fork or potato masher ( reserving 1/2c );
place in a quart size glass canning jar or and other quart sized glass jar that has an enamel lined lid.
Pour in enough brandy to cover the berries.
Add equal portions of the remaining berries and brandy to reach the top of the jar's lip;
make sure that all of the berries are covered by the brandy.
Pour in just enough brandy to begin a small overflow,
then tightly cap the jar and wipe the outside clean.

Label the date on the jar.
Allow to steep in a cool, dark place for 2 months. (If a dark environment is not available, tape a piece of
black construction paper around the jar.)
Every two weeks, gently shake the jar to distribute the flavors.

After two months, gently pour the jar's contents through a regular strainer or sieve;
discard the residue.
Follow this by two strainings through slightly dampened cheesecloth.
For true clarity and professional looking results, pour the mixture through a large, clean coffee filter placed inside a funnel or clean coffee cone;
loosely cover the contents with plastic wrap, since the process may take several hours.

In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and lemon zest.
Bring to a boil over moderately high heat.
Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Let cool to room temperature.
Add the optional glycerine, if desired.

Funnel the strained brandy into a glass bottle,
then funnel in the sugar syrup through a strainer, to remove the lemon zest.
Cover tightly;
shake to blend.
Let mature at room temperature, or slightly cooler, for at least 1 month.

Upvote 0

Amélie Unbound

May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
iamjcs said:
FOR NOW:

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Arrow Blackberry Brandy
trans_1x1.gif
pa85434
trans_1x1.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]1 for $12.55, 3 for $35.76, 6 for $67.74, 12 for $127.92 (PLUS Shipping) @ http://www.internetwines.com/spirits-liqueur-blackberry.html[/FONT]

FOR FUTURE (takes 3 months + 1 day):

Title: Blackberry Brandy Yield: 1 1/2 pints

2 1/2 c Ripe blackberries; rinsed
2 c Brandy; approximately
3/4 c Sugar
1/3 c Water
1 TBSP Grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp Glycerine; optional

Lightly crush 2c of the berries with a fork or potato masher ( reserving 1/2c );
place in a quart size glass canning jar or and other quart sized glass jar that has an enamel lined lid.
Pour in enough brandy to cover the berries.
Add equal portions of the remaining berries and brandy to reach the top of the jar's lip;
make sure that all of the berries are covered by the brandy.
Pour in just enough brandy to begin a small overflow,
then tightly cap the jar and wipe the outside clean.

Label the date on the jar.
Allow to steep in a cool, dark place for 2 months. (If a dark environment is not available, tape a piece of
black construction paper around the jar.)
Every two weeks, gently shake the jar to distribute the flavors.

After two months, gently pour the jar's contents through a regular strainer or sieve;
discard the residue.
Follow this by two strainings through slightly dampened cheesecloth.
For true clarity and professional looking results, pour the mixture through a large, clean coffee filter placed inside a funnel or clean coffee cone;
loosely cover the contents with plastic wrap, since the process may take several hours.

In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and lemon zest.
Bring to a boil over moderately high heat.
Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Let cool to room temperature.
Add the optional glycerine, if desired.

Funnel the strained brandy into a glass bottle,
then funnel in the sugar syrup through a strainer, to remove the lemon zest.
Cover tightly;
shake to blend.
Let mature at room temperature, or slightly cooler, for at least 1 month.
Thank you, iamjcs, for the info! :)

Unfortunately, I don't think it would be a good idea for me to order liquor from the U.S. There might be a problem with it going through customs. I'm not sure what the laws are. To be safe, I will have to find a source for it here in Canada.

The good news is, the new inhaler that was prescribed for me yesterday is making a huge difference! My chest doesn't feel tight, and I am not wheezing anymore. I do still cough occasionally though, and my sleep was interrupted several times last night because of it, but overall my condition has improved.

I haven't heard the results of the chest x-ray yet, but I do not believe I have pneumonia. I've been reading up on the subject, and from what I understand, if I had pneumonia, I would have a fever. Even the doctor said I don't have a fever. I'm not sure why she thought I might have pneumonia.

Upvote 0