• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I had forgotten how scary having asthma can be. A little wheezing--no big deal. But these last few days I've been having trouble inhaling; I feel like my lungs are just not taking in air. My inhaler helps; anything helps to get me sped up, like coffee. This last week I have just felt scared and taken back in time to when I had these problems much worse.

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have asthma too and as a child, I would end up in the hospital a few times because of it.

If the inhaler isn't working, then I would suggest using a nebulizer if you have one. If not, then you should go see a doctor.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟250,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
I had forgotten how scary having asthma can be. A little wheezing--no big deal. But these last few days I've been having trouble inhaling; I feel like my lungs are just not taking in air. My inhaler helps; anything helps to get me sped up, like coffee. This last week I have just felt scared and taken back in time to when I had these problems much worse.

me too....if your lungs can't exhale enough of its contents, then it can't inhale more...this is what is asthma my doctor told me.

I went to the er and got a prednisone tablet as well as a nebulizer treatment while there and it helped out, followed by outpatient treatment with a doctor...

Please don't feel silly for going to the er for being short of breath, bc they took it seriously and were very helpful

I was worried they would just think I was anxious and not be kind

But they have you blow into a measuring device and when they can clearly see that your lung volume is down, they will help you

• Friendly
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"When you can't breathe, nothing else matters." It sounds like you may need another check on your lungs to make sure there's no fluids in there. Usually anything lung/not able to breathe properly, gets treated pronto at the ER... or at least it should be.

Upvote 0

Hannes Hermans

Sep 29, 2019
peer
✟7,703.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hey there, that’s so unfortunate. There are actually many ways to cure asthma naturally. I found a video on YouTube that explains a few simple ways on how to cure asthma naturally.

I’ve tried many different ways to cure this because my mom has it. Here’s a link to a video that gives some great tips.

Ally | Earn money by sharing short links :: ASTHMA TREATMENT – Home Remedies to Cure Asthma Naturally - YouTube

Click on that link above and once you land on the page, click where it says “I am not a robot” and then you will be redirected to the YouTube video that shows how to cure asthma naturally.

Upvote 0