• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Assisted suicide advocate Jack Kevorkian dies at age 83

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by isabella1, Jun 3, 2011.

1. isabella1

isabella1 All is in God's hand!

+1,185
    Catholic
    Married
    Jack Kevorkian — embraced as a compassionate crusader and reviled as a murderous crank — died early this morning.

Known as Dr. Death even before launching his fierce advocacy and practice of assisted suicides, Kevorkian, 83, died at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, where he had been hospitalized with kidney and heart problems. His attorney, Mayer Morganroth, said it appears Kevorkian suffered a pulmonary thrombosis when a blood clot from his leg broke free and lodged in his heart. With Kevorkian was his niece Ava Janus and Morganroth.

Continued here.....
    Assisted suicide advocate Jack Kevorkian dies | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Diane_Windsor

Diane_Windsor Senior Contributor

+468
    Agnostic
    Married
    US-Others
    Heard about the news several minutes ago :( RIP Jack.

For those interested here is his Wikipedia article.

3. BAFRIEND

BAFRIEND Well-Known Member

+1,108
    Catholic
    Private
    'assisted suicide' is a fancy pseudo term for murder

4. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+7,292
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    If you need assistance, it's not suicide.

How I wish he could return for an hour or two to let the world know what God thought about his lifelong crusade...as it stands now, I'm sure there are others ready to carry it on.

5. Tigg

Tigg Senior Veteran

+707
    Catholic
    Private
    He did bring up, by his actions, discussions I bet, about those dying and their rights.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
    and let perpetual light shine upon him.
    May he rest in peace. Amen :crossrc:

6. servant of Merciful Love

servant of Merciful Love Goodbye~God bless Supporter

+8,732
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    Lord, have mercy on his soul :crossrc:

7. CruciFixed

CruciFixed Well-Known Member

+330
    Catholic
    Married
    So he died a natural death?

8. JourneyToPeace

JourneyToPeace His law is love and His gospel is peace

+176
    Catholic
    Single
    May God have mercy. :crossrc:

9. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+30,801
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Looks that way.

10. Michie

+30,801
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    5 reasons to pray for Jack Kevorkian's soul...
    When I heard that Dr. Jack Kevorkian died, my first thought was to pray for his soul. Did I want to? Not especially, but it was the same thought that occurred to me when Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein passed away. While we often find it difficult to pray for people who did "bad things", it's something that we must do.

11. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+3,641
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    I'm from Detroit and Jack used to sell CDs of his flute music. The cover of his CD had him standing near a Lily. It was called "A Very Still Life." That and his obsession with death used to creep me out. I used to wonder if his motives were truly to help terminally ill people or what.

12. Michie

+30,801
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Did you know he did paintings with his own blood mixed in?

13. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+3,641
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    No. :sick: But that sounds like something he'd do. He was totally obsessed with death and dying (in my opinion). I don't think he was as "helpful" as he tried to make himself out to be. He seemed to get too excited regarding assisted suicide. I couldn't listen to him when he'd come on TV cuz he came off as so creepy. Never mind the time he dressed up like it was the 1700's and rode a bike around town--just plain weird.

14. Michie

+30,801
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Yeah... he was different. You should have heard him talk at his art show.

He seemed a bit unbalanced.

15. CruciFixed

+330
    Catholic
    Married
    Weird

16. Michie

+30,801
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Well we should pray for him anyway. God can apply the prayers as He sees fit.

17. CruciFixed

+330
    Catholic
    Married
    Yep

18. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+6,857
    Christian

I think he got off on killing people. That is my personal opinion.

19. CruciFixed

+330
    Catholic
    Married
    Ugh and ABC made him out to be a hero in the assisted suicide movement like it is a religion or something -shudder -

20. Michie

+30,801
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I think there was an HBO movie too. I didn't watch it but it also made him a hero from what I've read.