Aspiring animator, Avid Gamer, Artist, what could go wrong?

Cirtex

That one guy
Mar 9, 2018
Royce
✟7,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
To answer the above: just about everything, but heck I don't pay attention to much that goes around me too much. While I'm not an avid christian (or believer of any faith to be honest) I still enjoy hopping onto sites like such and trying to help correct misconceptions. Not pertaining to religion mind you. often times I see people struggling with games, music, culture, things of that regard.

My name is Cirtex. a Member of the Animation community known as Hyuns Dojo. as the title states I'm an aspiring animator, I love videogames, I'm an artist. Yea i'm just BEAMING with creativity ain't i?

Not much more to me than that other than i enjoy a bit of Rock music, Electro Swing, and the occasional metal. and before you go off the rails telling me how SATANIC metal is. Let me just smack ya in the face with a stop sign and say that I don't enjoy straight screamo or songs that cuss and spew venom with ever other verse. the artists and bands i look to sing towards the audience dealing with family abuse, lost loved ones, and going through drug abuse. they sing for the military and other stuff like that.

Also in this message i'm gonna respond to the user "Ancient of Days" (if there is a way to tag him here please do so). you make a topic in the Junk drawer asking why so many atheists are flooding in. well it's probably due to the actions of the website "Landoverbaptist.net" fully known as "Landover Baptists Church" a joke website that seems all too serious. it gains a lot of attention and controversy about the topics it posts.

For example: they called the game "Rocket League" ,a game about controlling Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-powered Battle-Cars in a game of Soccer, "Rapeware" and "Ultra gay" (both of which it is not mind you)

so the attention from this website could possibly be making other's curious to see if other christian/baptist sites are similar. (Which is actually another reason why i'm here)

Cirtex

That one guy
Mar 9, 2018
Royce
✟7,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Welcome Cirtex, I am glad you joined and hope you find some helpful stuff here. There are many kind and wonderful people here. :]

well let's just hope this place doesn't live up to the reputation of the other site that i mentioned before.

though so far from what i've seen this place has some fairly decent people.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
and the occasional metal. and before you go off the rails telling me how SATANIC metal is. Let me just smack ya in the face with a stop sign
First of all, that's very beautiful writing.
Second, I've gotten serious enough in my Christianity that I'm planning on being a Professor of Theology, and go to mass nearly every day (it's nice having a Catholic church across the street from my college!). And I, also, love heavy metal. Not the screamy death crap, where people say the lyrics are satanic, but no one can understand the words so who cares, but I do listen to a lot of very heavy stuff (and some not-so-heavy, but still not Skillet's sad excuse for metal!). Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, a little Celtic Frost, Ozzy, Megadeath, Metallica, and a lot more. Mostly older stuff; I think modern metal is generally too generic, just the same sort of stuff repeated by every band; I like the metal bands that have their own style, and can be very powerful, but always focused on the music as well.
When looking up French music for more immersion, when I was taking French class, I decided to look up some French heavy metal. Some of it is really awesome! My new-favorite metal band (and pushing ahead of Judas Priest took some serious effort), ADX, actually has a song that translates to "To the Glory of God".
If I do it right, here's the song:

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't know the other sites at all and I am new myself but I love it here so far and always happy to meet people. Again welcome aboard. I think you will find most christians sincerely care and don't want to fight but truly want to help where they can and point you to the reason for our hope . {I say most. lol}

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To answer the above: just about everything, but heck I don't pay attention to much that goes around me too much. While I'm not an avid christian (or believer of any faith to be honest) I still enjoy hopping onto sites like such and trying to help correct misconceptions. Not pertaining to religion mind you. often times I see people struggling with games, music, culture, things of that regard.

My name is Cirtex. a Member of the Animation community known as Hyuns Dojo. as the title states I'm an aspiring animator, I love videogames, I'm an artist. Yea i'm just BEAMING with creativity ain't i?

Not much more to me than that other than i enjoy a bit of Rock music, Electro Swing, and the occasional metal. and before you go off the rails telling me how SATANIC metal is. Let me just smack ya in the face with a stop sign and say that I don't enjoy straight screamo or songs that cuss and spew venom with ever other verse. the artists and bands i look to sing towards the audience dealing with family abuse, lost loved ones, and going through drug abuse. they sing for the military and other stuff like that.

Also in this message i'm gonna respond to the user "Ancient of Days" (if there is a way to tag him here please do so). you make a topic in the Junk drawer asking why so many atheists are flooding in. well it's probably due to the actions of the website "Landoverbaptist.net" fully known as "Landover Baptists Church" a joke website that seems all too serious. it gains a lot of attention and controversy about the topics it posts.

For example: they called the game "Rocket League" ,a game about controlling Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-powered Battle-Cars in a game of Soccer, "Rapeware" and "Ultra gay" (both of which it is not mind you)

so the attention from this website could possibly be making other's curious to see if other christian/baptist sites are similar. (Which is actually another reason why i'm here)
I was wondering what was bringing this flood of newbies into American Politics. This website is not at all like LandoverBaptist.net - most people here are Christian; I think most are sincerely so.

Upvote 0

Cirtex

That one guy
Mar 9, 2018
Royce
✟7,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
First of all, that's very beautiful writing.
Second, I've gotten serious enough in my Christianity that I'm planning on being a Professor of Theology, and go to mass nearly every day (it's nice having a Catholic church across the street from my college!). And I, also, love heavy metal. Not the screamy death crap, where people say the lyrics are satanic, but no one can understand the words so who cares, but I do listen to a lot of very heavy stuff (and some not-so-heavy, but still not Skillet's sad excuse for metal!). Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, a little Celtic Frost, Ozzy, Megadeath, Metallica, and a lot more. Mostly older stuff; I think modern metal is generally too generic, just the same sort of stuff repeated by every band; I like the metal bands that have their own style, and can be very powerful, but always focused on the music as well.
When looking up French music for more immersion, when I was taking French class, I decided to look up some French heavy metal. Some of it is really awesome! My new-favorite metal band (and pushing ahead of Judas Priest took some serious effort), ADX, actually has a song that translates to "To the Glory of God".
If I do it right, here's the song:

I'm not a MAJOR fan of metal. like i said i like the occasional metal. I was actually suprised to see you smack Skillet. as the only song that i know of them is "Feel Invincible" which i plan to use in an upcoming animation. however i prefer One Finger Death Punch.

Upvote 0

Cirtex

That one guy
Mar 9, 2018
Royce
✟7,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I was wondering what was bringing this flood of newbies into American Politics. This website is not at all like LandoverBaptist.net - most people here are Christian; I think most are sincerely so.
The site can give you a good laugh. but never take anything anyone with more badges than a general and anything other than "unsaved" under their name seriously.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Some people tell me that not all of Skillet's stuff is that bad; it's only the early stuff, or the later stuff (I can't remember), that isn't real metal, but I like the metal bands I know too much to worry about it too much.
Plus, for whatever reason, it feels so great to always have that 1 group to hate; sports teams (the Sharks), political parties (no comment, don't want debate:cool:), and even metal. Why this is, I don't know for sure, but I'm a current psych major, so I should find out soon enough!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cirtex

That one guy
Mar 9, 2018
Royce
✟7,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
But yeah, people generally are surprised by me, whenever they mention Skillet, and I laugh & say "They try so hard!:p

I'm more of a swing guy myself, but i do enjoy Rock, and light metal. Nothing overly heavy though.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hello, welcome to the forums, I've played video games on and off since the 80's. I play a mixture of old and new-ish games, though I am casual about it, just play for fun. I probably would have never got hooked on video games were it not for Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto and his masterpiece Super Mario Bros. So far as music goes, I enjoy most music genres (even game soundtracks) and instruments in themselves are no more evil than guns, swords, or staffs in themselves. Many here are capable of showing respect even to those with whom they disagree. Sometimes depending on the subject matter, things can get a bit heated, but we all have our passions, things that matter most to us, things we cherish. If you stick around, I think you'll find a wide diversity of thought here, and wholesome conversations.

Upvote 0

Cirtex

That one guy
Mar 9, 2018
Royce
✟7,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Hello, welcome to the forums, I've played video games on and off since the 80's. I play a mixture of old and new-ish games, though I am casual about it, just play for fun. I probably would have never got hooked on video games were it not for Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto and his masterpiece Super Mario Bros. So far as music goes, I enjoy most music genres (even game soundtracks) and instruments in themselves are no more evil than guns, swords, or staffs in themselves. Many here are capable of showing respect even to those with whom they disagree. Sometimes depending on the subject matter, things can get a bit heated, but we all have our passions, things that matter most to us, things we cherish. If you stick around, I think you'll find a wide diversity of thought here, and wholesome conversations.

hmmm... i think you might like These: (note that each time the name in the background changes it is a new animator. along with the obvious style change)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hmmm... i think you might like These: (note that each time the name in the background changes it is a new animator. along with the obvious style change)

Did I see Strider in that clip? Back in the 90's, I was mesmerized when I went to the local arcade and watched Street Fighter II, Capcom really knocked it out of the park with that series. Ever since, I've been a fan of the whole fighting genre. A more current favorite is Injustice, the combination of one of my favorite genres with another lifelong interest...Superheroes, anything and everything related...it's crazy.

Upvote 0

Cirtex

That one guy
Mar 9, 2018
Royce
✟7,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Did I see Strider in that clip? Back in the 90's, I was mesmerized when I went to the local arcade and watched Street Fighter II, Capcom really knocked it out of the park with that series. Ever since, I've been a fan of the whole fighting genre. A more current favorite is Injustice, the combination of one of my favorite genres with another lifelong interest...Superheroes, anything and everything related...it's crazy.

Lol no you probably saw "Sterling" though

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have this on top of a bookshelf:

Kotobukiya%20ARTFX%20-%20Hulk%20AoU%200003.jpg

Hoping to be able to get ahold of the Kotobukiya Iron Man and Captain America models/statues from the movies that match (with this Hulk), but they're a bit pricey, even though statues of this sort are more affordable these days, still pricey for poor folk.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Cirtex

That one guy
Mar 9, 2018
Royce
✟7,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I have this on top of a bookshelf:

Kotobukiya%20ARTFX%20-%20Hulk%20AoU%200003.jpg

Hoping to be able to get ahold of the Kotobukiya Iron Man and Captain America models/statues from the movies that match, but they're a bit pricey, even though statues of this sort are more affordable these days, still pricey for poor folk.

Okay that's pretty awesome. and if you liked street fighter. here's another Collab based off of that game

My community, HyunsDojo.com , makes things of this quality on a regular basis! and tomorrow a MASSIVE collab of over 90 animators will be released, and part will be in it!

Upvote 0