• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Aspergers Love - Ridiculous me back to God - How to ask forgiveness

Adamson Pinas

Apr 16, 2020
Baguio City
✟8,126.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
(Sorry, I'm not a native English Speaker)

I have aspergers and possibly Alexithymia. I won't tell you the story since I just realized(Thank God) how absurd were the actions I took regarding a coteacher that I liked. Long story short, I had a complete emotional and mental breakdown from the decisions that I took that I knew were wrong(I deserved it).Even so,I thank God this incident to me since it opened my heart and my eyes. After that, I actively avoided her at the workplace since I thought it was the best option for the both of us.

My questions are:
1. How do I ask forgiveness from her?
2. Is it necessary to explain all the details of why I did all those things?
3. How do say them to her?

I thought about just disappearing after the school year so she won't have to deal with me anymore, but I just can't leave without closure. Bad signal reading and anxiety are thorns in my side.

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(Sorry, I'm not a native English Speaker)

I have aspergers and possibly Alexithymia. I won't tell you the story since I just realized(Thank God) how absurd were the actions I took regarding a coteacher that I liked. Long story short, I had a complete emotional and mental breakdown from the decisions that I took that I knew were wrong(I deserved it).Even so,I thank God this incident to me since it opened my heart and my eyes. After that, I actively avoided her at the workplace since I thought it was the best option for the both of us.

My questions are:
1. How do I ask forgiveness from her?
2. Is it necessary to explain all the details of why I did all those things?
3. How do say them to her?

I thought about just disappearing after the school year so she won't have to deal with me anymore, but I just can't leave without closure. Bad signal reading and anxiety are thorns in my side.
1. Ask forgiveness like anyone else would.
Just say you're sorry for all that happened and you regret that it made her unhappy (or whatever happed).

2. Not necessary to go into detail. It'll just sound silly.

3. Don't say them to her. There's no need.
Today is a new day.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IIUC, you misread a co-worker's interest in you and came on to her inappropriately. (BTDT)

If that was the case, leave an apology note to that effect without further explanation.

If there was more, you will have to be more specific (to us).

Upvote 0