Aspects of Christian belief that strike me as highly questionable - Part 1.

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't "have to" do anything. Nobody is forcing you to reply.

If you are going to make bare claims, there are going to be people asking for justification of those claims. Up to you what you do with that request.

If your choice is to do nothing with that request, I'll certainly respect that.
I'll also be "walking on" with the idea that you have no proper justification for your claims and as a result that I am justified in not accepting them.
You are free sir to do what you feel is the right action for you to take

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who are you talking to?
I was talking to Dogmahunter in regards to prayer
I initially took his response to mean why not. People talk about me all the time so I felt bad and said aww. I’m not going to talk about you. I’m sure you’re nice (even if we might disagree)

But then I realized he was saying something else

I realized that all he was saying was sure go ahead and pray for me. People can talk about me to themselves all they want

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was talking to Dogmahunter in regards to prayer
I initially took his response to mean why not. People talk about me all the time so I felt bad and said aww. I’m not going to talk about you. I’m sure you’re nice (even if we might disagree)

But then I realized he was saying something else

I realized that all he was saying was sure go ahead and pray for me. People can talk about me to themselves all they want

It's not like it's going to make any difference, is what I'm saying.

Upvote 0

KyleSpringer

Feb 13, 2018
Canton
✟12,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I try not to be selfish, but I really don't want to wade through scores of threads to find a focused discussion on the matters that currently interest me. I'm sure that each of the points I may raise have likely been raised multiple times before. That being the case feel free to point me to any thread or post where that matter is dealt with clearly and succinctly rather than taking the time to explain things, yet again, to a non-believer.

Background declaration: my profile says agnostic, because that is what I am, but in regard to the Christian God I am atheist.

I have several quibbles with what I understand to be the generic Christian position, but wish to restrict discussion to one per thread. I'll hope to reach a conclusion or an irreconcilable impasse on one, before starting another.

So, I'll open with one where I think you will actually stand a reasonable chance of educating and convincing me.

I don't recall the correct terminology, but I understand that the NT subsumes the OT rendering some of the rules and regulations defunct. For example, it is no longer necessary to stone adulterers and one may even eat shellfish. Would someone identify where that arrangement is detailed in the NT. Thank you.
I’m curious, why is it that you refuse to believe that the God of the Bible is the one true living God?

You’ve given you’re position on the Christian faith and doctrine, but what inherently deters your acceptance of YHWH, Johova God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not like it's going to make any difference, is what I'm saying.
It makes a difference.

One is “talking about you” in a bad way

The other is “talking about you” (praying) that you only be blessed

That’s a big difference

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It makes a difference.

One is “talking about you” in a bad way

The other is “talking about you” (praying) that you only be blessed

That’s a big difference

People talking about me doesn't change anything about or concerning me.
You can wish me to become sick all day, but it's not going to make me sick.
You can wish me to be healthy all day, but that action isn't going to make me healthy.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People talking about me doesn't change anything about or concerning me.
You can wish me to become sick all day, but it's not going to make me sick.
You can wish me to be healthy all day, but that action isn't going to make me healthy.
Who would wish anyone to be sick

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good job ignoring the actual point made.
There was no point made

Prayer is talking to GOD asking for blessings

Men can amongst themselves (though if they are a Christian they should NEVER be involved in cursing any man) bless or curse other men but GOD doesn’t show favoritism

And any believer thinking they can curse another in prayer is going against GOD’s SPIRIT and doing what should not be done

• Agree
Reactions: John 1720
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There was no point made

Yes there was: that "praying" for anything to happen to me (good OR bad), is not going to make anything actually happen to me.

Prayer is talking to GOD asking for blessings

Men can amongst themselves (though if they are a Christian they should NEVER be involved in cursing any man) bless or curse other men but GOD doesn’t show favoritism

And any believer thinking they can curse another in prayer is going against GOD’s SPIRIT and doing what should not be done

Still dwelling on the comment of "wishing me sick", rather then on the actual point being made.

Upvote 0