Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There have already been a lot of good replies in here, as I have been reading it through. Having the Holy Spirit in you, will make you understand His Word, as without the Spirit you will only read it as any other book.

2 Corinthians 3:4-6

"And we have such trust through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

Knowing this is encouraging for us, because it reminds us everything should be done in the Spirit and not in the flesh. As in the Spirit there is life, whilst in the flesh there is only death. Our own words can 'cause destruction and death, for ourselves as well as for others. But when our words are inspired and lead by the Holy Spirit, it brings life as well as it builds up!

We should learn to become most dependant on God alone, yet He has also given us fellowship with one another. Both 'causes growth in Him. Though one should keep to what the Word teaches, as once one starts sliding more toward worldly perspectives and theories, one will drift more away from God and what He had intended for our relationship with Him as well as way of fellowshiping together in Him. Jesus Christ is meant being the head of the church. And how can He be this when a church gets mingled together with the world?

I also love your testimony about having been close to God in your childhood!

Much Love in Christ Jesus!

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
directly after Jesus said this Philip asked him to show him the Father and Jesus says "Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?"

so if you know Christ how can you say you don't know the Father?
But that's the thing, I never said that, so where are you getting I said anything like that?, like I said the only way the father will be revealed and make his home with us is through Jesus. Just like an underage teenager trying go get inside some club, the only way for him to get in is by that clubs rights and surely not by his own rights thinking he can get by exposing himself with some fake identification. I believe there is a ticket though, a real identification for us. And our only ticket to heaven is the spirit and through Jesus and those rights declared by him. So, please tell me where I said I didn't know the father? I said , why are questions being asked about him if people "know" him and have a relationship with him? Sorry for being so curious, I guess curiosity does kill the cat. (Puurrrr) And the only way to have Jesus invited into your heart and sent to you is to accept the invitation first. Jesus said the wind blows where it pleases, and that it is with everyone who is born of God, so if the wind is blowing towards you, the holy spirit has come upon you and is sending you the invitation. It's up to people whether they let him in or not and to remain and be in his presence forever. And being welcomed into his kingdom by accepting the invitation sent from him by the holy spirit which he said he would send to us because at the time being he could no longer be with us in that way because of what happened to him. And by becoming a child of him. Born not just of him but of the spirit also who by which we can only be confirmed a child of God. Tell me I am wrong, but I know about all of it , if not all, learning more then some claim to know...I can't hinder anyone, I can only speak what I know of the truth..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If we have to have ask questions about God, then I guess that means we don't really know him. Who asks questions about someone they know? If you know someone, wouldn't you know everything about them? Why are we asking questions here? Doesn't the holy spirit guide us into all truth and knowledge of him? I wonder if the holy spirit is being ignored here or something? Or maybe some people don't know the spirit either. What's going on? Jesus said his sheep know his voice cause they are familiar with it, you know why? Cause they know him and are famaliar with his ways from being one and in the presence of him through his spirit, the holy spirit, the spirit of God. If we have to question something about God, we must don't know him. Do people truly know God or just the idea, the cliches of him and the stuff they hear about him from others?
That can take time; we can grow in that knowledge. And God uses our seeking and asking etc, to help get us to know Him better.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The holy spirit tells people the truth, but I bet most questions are being asked elsewhere cause they didn't like what they heard or got the answer they wanted so they go elsewhere and listen to what entices thier eyes and open thier ears when in reality by them ignoring the holy spirit and not be led by him, they can't never learn anything, they don't get it, because by doing that they have no sight because thier ears are open to falsehood/doctrine or to whatever fits thier hearing...

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That can take time; we can grow in that knowledge. And God uses our seeking and asking etc, to help get us to know Him better.
But the bible says no one seeks God nor understand him, so what does that mean to anyone?

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it was possible for us to see the fathe r or go to him without going through Jesus first, I believe he could have made it possible because with God all things are possible. But truth is we can't. Jesus was the only perfect and sinless one declared righteous and had rights by his father, many to which were given to him by his father. So the only way to God is through the son only. The son who was the only one who was righteous and had this right given to him by God to die on a cross and set us free. And believe, there's no true freedom without ever receiving Jesus. He is the only way to God and eternal salvation. And for any of us to see God we must be holy because God is holy. There's no way any of us can see the maker of heaven and earth, God the spirit without holiness. And by recieving his son Jesus, the only one who was ever holy and righteous, is the only way to get to God because only in Jesus and by the spirit of Jesus we become purified, fully righteous and holy children of God.....

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made so that people are without excuse.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it was possible for us to see the fathe r or go to him without going through Jesus first, I believe he could have made it possible because with God all things are possible. But truth is we can't. Jesus was the only perfect and sinless one declared righteous and had rights by his father, many to which were given to him by his father. So the only way to God is through the son only. The son who was the only one who was righteous and had this right given to him by God to die on a cross and set us free. And believe, there's no true freedom without ever receiving Jesus. He is the only way to God and eternal salvation. And for any of us to see God we must be holy because God is holy. There's no way any of us can see the maker of heaven and earth, God the spirit without holiness. And by recieving his son Jesus, the only one who was ever holy and righteous, is the only way to get to God because only in Jesus and by the spirit of Jesus we become purified, fully righteous and holy children of God.....
When I was five, my mother told me there is a God and I could pray to him. I prayed asking God to help me find something. After some begging on my part, I was directed to search in a certain area where after some time I found it. This was not enough to make me saved and I went astray as a youth, but eventually I became more aware God knows everything. I liked to read the Gospels and can remember Jesus taught God knows when a sparrow falls from the sky (Matt 10:29). It is difficult for me to remember it all, but sometimes God reminded me of things God has done for me. God is real.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,512.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we have to have ask questions about God, then I guess that means we don't really know him.

No.

Who asks questions about someone they know? If you know someone, wouldn't you know everything about them?

We are finite human beings with finite minds - how can we know everything about an infinite God who is Spirit?

Doesn't the holy spirit guide us into all truth and knowledge of him?

Why do you feel it is important to know everything about God?
The Bible does't tell us everything about him, so it's likely that we aren't meant to know.

I I wonder if the holy spirit is being ignored here or something?

Why would you think that he is?

What's going on? Jesus said his sheep know his voice cause they are familiar with it, you know why? Cause they know him and are famaliar with his ways from being one and in the presence of him through his spirit, the holy spirit, the spirit of God.

There is a difference between knowing Jesus' voice as the loving Shepherd who guides us, and hearing the voice of the Spirit and expecting him to tell us things about God that even Scripture doesn't reveal - BIG difference.

Do people truly know God or just the idea, the cliches of him and the stuff they hear about him from others?

Do YOU truly know God?
Do YOU know everything about him? How he came into being and when? How he could create everything we see around us with only a word? How he can hear, and speak to, millions of people at the same time?

A Christian can know God without knowing everything about God.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If we have to have ask questions about God, then I guess that means we don't really know him. Who asks questions about someone they know? If you know someone, wouldn't you know everything about them? Why are we asking questions here? Doesn't the holy spirit guide us into all truth and knowledge of him? I wonder if the holy spirit is being ignored here or something? Or maybe some people don't know the spirit either. What's going on? Jesus said his sheep know his voice cause they are familiar with it, you know why? Cause they know him and are famaliar with his ways from being one and in the presence of him through his spirit, the holy spirit, the spirit of God. If we have to question something about God, we must don't know him. Do people truly know God or just the idea, the cliches of him and the stuff they hear about him from others?
There are two aspects of God in relation to the idea of knowing Him. We know His character, reputation, and authority (His name) because that is very clearly defined in Scripture. Thus, to a point, we know His heart. But when it comes to His "being," we really know very little. We have a 2000 page book, about 2 pages combined (at the most) are dealing with Him as a being (meaning, Him as a Spirit, what that might look like) and we are in the flesh where He is not. Thus from that perspective, we know very little.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even if we can't know everything, why not ask the holy spirit the questions asked on these forums? If you can ask others questions on here, then I'm sure you can ask the holy spirit the same ones asked on here since they are answerable, acceptable and all knowable
Even for those who are born again there is wisdom in multitude of counselors.

Of course the trick here is to know which counselors are correct and which are full of beans.

It takes some discernment to know which is which and that's where the Holy Spirit really helps us.

I believe that knowledge is built a block at a time. I also belief what the scriptures say about those who do not have the basics right going farther and farther off track even as they think they are gaining knowledge.

Conversely - those who have the basics right will get more knowledge as they build on those basics.

This principle particularly applies to the area of soteriology or the understanding of salvation.

We see those who don't understand the doctrines of grace arguing with great force and authority doctrines that they are completely wrong about - like eternal security vs. works and the like.

It's not hard to understand why a person (God) would not want to reveal everything about Himself to someone who is taking credit for that person's work.:)

IMO - even though there is wisdom in many counselors - if you understand salvation by grace and don't let anyone teach you different, God will lead you by His Spirit and you won't need as many others to teach you what is and is not what God is all about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

We're only humans. We could study the Bible back and forth and become an "expert" in "knowing" God and yet I bet you that would only be scratching the surface of things that there are to know about Him. How can we, mere humans, presume that anyone aside from Jesus can totally and completely know everything about God, who is infinite, omnipotent, and all powerful?

Faith is accepting that we don't know everything and trusting God anyway. That's why it's so difficult, even for the most seasoned believers at times.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No.

We are finite human beings with finite minds - how can we know everything about an infinite God who is Spirit?

Why do you feel it is important to know everything about God?
The Bible does't tell us everything about him, so it's likely that we aren't meant to know.

Why would you think that he is?

There is a difference between knowing Jesus' voice as the loving Shepherd who guides us, and hearing the voice of the Spirit and expecting him to tell us things about God that even Scripture doesn't reveal - BIG difference.

Do YOU truly know God?
Do YOU know everything about him? How he came into being and when? How he could create everything we see around us with only a word? How he can hear, and speak to, millions of people at the same time?

A Christian can know God without knowing everything about God.
Yeah. That's some of the absurd questions people usually ask, you miss one by the way, you know the one where they ask if God can create a rock so heavy and lift it up himself, see all of that is stupid questions I heard people ask over my lifetime to test God's ability and deny his power and who he is. Those questions has nothing to do with our salvation or daily walk with him. And do I know who God is? Maybe I do and Maybe I don't, like you said since no one can truly understand him, then no one truly knows him, not even I. But if you learn of the knowledge of him and who he is you would know he is a God full of love justice and mercy. Learn what those three things mean and you my friend have discovered who God is. Learn the fear of God and you will know who he is. I may not know a lot of things but honestly I hardly read or study my Bible and while I can't remember scriptures well and quote them out, I am still be able to come up with the stuff I posts because the holy spirit lives in me and tells me what to speak. But I need guidance just like everyone else, I am far from perfect in my spiritual walk , i fall short just like everyone else, and I am not surely if I will ever truly know or understand God completely however I have been close to God and witness him in many ways in my lifetime. And yeah a Christian can't possibly know God and come on a forum to ask questions about him? Tell me how that makes any sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even for those who are born again there is wisdom in multitude of counselors.

Of course the trick here is to know which counselors are correct and which are full of beans.

It takes some discernment to know which is which and that's where the Holy Spirit really helps us.

I believe that knowledge is built a block at a time. I also belief what the scriptures say about those who do not have the basics right going farther and farther off track even as they think they are gaining knowledge.

Conversely - those who have the basics right will get more knowledge as they build on those basics.

This principle particularly applies to the area of soteriology or the understanding of salvation.

We see those who don't understand the doctrines of grace arguing with great force and authority doctrines that they are completely wrong about - like eternal security vs. works and the like.

It's not hard to understand why a person (God) would not want to reveal everything about Himself to someone who is taking credit for that person's work.:)

IMO - even though there is wisdom in many counselors - if you understand salvation by grace and don't let anyone teach you different, God will lead you by His Spirit and you won't need as many others to teach you what is and is not what God is all about.
There are no tricks, you can tell by hearing what they speak, if it don't sound like God or the truth, it isn't from God. It's not that hard to recognize a truth being spoken, if you have the truth in you already you will know. But I guess that's where knowing God and his truths come back in, if you don't know, you won't be able to discern anything because like them you are a lost duck slipping off it's tracks. Because he is God and for God to reveal himself completely to someone they would have to be real trustworthy and I believe Jesus was the only one. The only one trustworthy enough to do his will, become his righteous and favorable son and the only one to fulfill everything and given the keys of heaven to open the seven seals of the book of revelations in the bible. Etc. The book said none was worthy but him!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But that's the thing, I never said that, so where are you getting I said anything like that?, like I said the only way the father will be revealed and make his home with us is through Jesus. Just like an underage teenager trying go get inside some club, the only way for him to get in is by that clubs rights and surely not by his own rights thinking he can get by exposing himself with some fake identification. I believe there is a ticket though, a real identification for us. And our only ticket to heaven is the spirit and through Jesus and those rights declared by him. So, please tell me where I said I didn't know the father? I said , why are questions being asked about him if people "know" him and have a relationship with him? Sorry for being so curious, I guess curiosity does kill the cat. (Puurrrr) And the only way to have Jesus invited into your heart and sent to you is to accept the invitation first. Jesus said the wind blows where it pleases, and that it is with everyone who is born of God, so if the wind is blowing towards you, the holy spirit has come upon you and is sending you the invitation. It's up to people whether they let him in or not and to remain and be in his presence forever. And being welcomed into his kingdom by accepting the invitation sent from him by the holy spirit which he said he would send to us because at the time being he could no longer be with us in that way because of what happened to him. And by becoming a child of him. Born not just of him but of the spirit also who by which we can only be confirmed a child of God. Tell me I am wrong, but I know about all of it , if not all, learning more then some claim to know...I can't hinder anyone, I can only speak what I know of the truth..

The OP addresses questions about knowing God but seems to be using this term in a "God the Father" role from its contrasted uses of both Jesus the Holy Spirit in a sort of Trinity formula. I may have confused the crux of the OP but I'm merely saying if you want to know the Father then seek the Son.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The OP addresses questions about knowing God but seems to be using this term in a "God the Father" role from its contrasted uses of both Jesus the Holy Spirit in a sort of Trinity formula. I may have confused the crux of the OP but I'm merely saying if you want to know the Father then seek the Son.
And stop asking questions about him on a forum unless the son is to be sought on here.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No matter. One day soon, God will overturn Roe.

To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. Jude !:15

Upvote 0