Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i have been going through a tough spiritual test over the past month where I had been struggling to hang on. Tonight however, it ‘changed’ where now I feel like I can live and do my own thing.

Asking prayer for this new thing that I haven’t dealt with. What do you do when this happens? How do you keep your mind/heart focused on God when you feel like you can do everything on your own?

I’m still doing my best to ‘hold’ despite this new challenge that I’m facing and it’s very very hard as well.

GraceTruthLove

Christian
Apr 26, 2014
✟35,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you keep your mind/heart focused on God when you feel like you can do everything on your own?

This feeling won't last. Feelings shift as circumstances change. You feel strong now, but if the next trial is greater in intensity or length, will you still feel that way? Matthew 7:24-27.

I don't know the nature of the trials you are facing, but the struggle of holding onto hope - onto Jesus - I get that. The truth is you can't hold on with your own hands. The beauty of Jesus is how He holds onto us!

I've struggled with fear and depression for years. When I look back at that struggle, what sticks out to me is how Jesus reaches down to me again and again. My (and your) Faithful One reminds me of the Hope that He is again and again. If I relapse, He is there, reaching down to me again. I can determine in my heart to hold on to Him - and this time keep holding on. But in the end, each time, it's His hand holding mine that pulls me through.

There is the matter of taking every thought captive (2 Corinthians 10:4-5), and taking one day at a time (Matthew 6:34). Then there is the fact that we hold own with His Strength, and not with our own (Zechariah 4:6). What matters most of all is His Faithfulness, even when we are faithless. "But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one." 2 Thessalonians 3:3

If you like music, maybe have a listen. This Casting Crowns song is all about holding on to God - and how He who holds us. It spoke to me during a darker time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord, please be with sk8brdkd. Please refine her faith to be pure gold, and please bring her into a time of renewal and refreshing. Please be her Strength, and please hold her close to Your heart. Your love for your dear daughter outweighs the struggles she faces, and when these trials finally end, Your Love and Faithfulness will remain. I pray that she would feel and know your Love more during this time, and that she would find lasting shelter under Your wings. Please bring her through the valleys and into Your glorious light. Amen.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,628.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have been going through a tough spiritual test over the past month where I had been struggling to hang on. Tonight however, it ‘changed’ where now I feel like I can live and do my own thing.

Asking prayer for this new thing that I haven’t dealt with. What do you do when this happens? How do you keep your mind/heart focused on God when you feel like you can do everything on your own?

I’m still doing my best to ‘hold’ despite this new challenge that I’m facing and it’s very very hard as well.

Not easy from what you say to be sure...

However, Take this new found 'freedom' to the cross and give it up to Him. Your first desire should always be, let Him direct your life and take your hands off. Waiting is a good place to be to give Him room to move.

Last edited:
Upvote 0