Naalderiis

Jul 23, 2008
✟11,090.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i've got two requests sort of.

one of our two family dogs had to be put down Saturday morning. he developed kidney disease and in spite of the vet telling us it looked like he had a fairly high chance of the medication working, his kidney disease advanced much faster than expected and the medication didn't have enough time to help.
it was sudden and unexpected as 2 weeks before Saturday he was still running around happily.
he really just hung around with us no matter what we were doing every chance he got. so it feels weird and out of place that he's gone now. he's been our alarm clock for most of the 10 years we had him. usually earlier than we'd like.... and even the back lit keyboard i'm using now i got because he wouldn't settle down and go to bed if my lights were on. we've had several dogs, all good ones but he was the best most personable dog we've ever had. all of our other dogs at least had warning signs that they were on their last legs and it let us prepare for it. we had no warnings this time and none of us were prepared for it.

the other situation we need prayer for is that we all work for the same small commercial construction company that my dad owns. we have had a terrible time the past few years getting some of our large customers to actually pay us. actually it seems like every one of our larger scale customers who's jobs should have been a good windfall and greatly helped us out have instead been terrible customers who are extremely slow to pay if they pay at all.
we've had customers end up wasting our time by using us for design input, then changing their minds about what they want and going back to an architect and engineer and having them constantly change the plans only to run out of money before we ever got to build anything.
we've had a customer we had a long standing business relationship with who owned several sites they wanted us to do things on only to have the middle men in his company not do their job then blame us only to have the next contractor be put in the same position and also not be able to get anything rebuilt. (which did actually lead to the middle men getting fired that time)
we had one of our project managers/supervisors start doing a crappy job and doing things on site the most expensive way he could figure out to get it done. (we think he was trying to get fired because he's the kind of guy who has some sort of mental thing about being in one place too long and this was the longest he had actually worked at any one place. we could tell he was getting antsy and wanting to leave but really didn't want to just quit on us. he's not a bad guy but man it'd have been better for him and us if he had just quit.)

in the mean time the company still has bills to pay and we've still been trying to pay our subs as best as we can but us not getting paid and having our time wasted has led to a number of destroyed business relationships. it's left us in real bad shape (financial and otherwise) and under a lot of stress. especially my dad.

it feels like one thing after another has kept going wrong the past few years and now the best dog we've ever had is dead on top of it all. he was one of the honest to goodness blessings i'd thank God for just about every night in spite of how bad the day had been.
if it weren't for the glory and grace of God i'd probably be ready to destroy the world myself right now. i'm so tired and fed up with it all that God being good is about the only think keeping me from breaking.
so please pray for us. we're tired, worn out, don't know what to do, and we miss our dog.
even so i still want to say not ours but God's will be done.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
i've got two requests sort of.

one of our two family dogs had to be put down Saturday morning. he developed kidney disease and in spite of the vet telling us it looked like he had a fairly high chance of the medication working, his kidney disease advanced much faster than expected and the medication didn't have enough time to help.
it was sudden and unexpected as 2 weeks before Saturday he was still running around happily.
he really just hung around with us no matter what we were doing every chance he got. so it feels weird and out of place that he's gone now. he's been our alarm clock for most of the 10 years we had him. usually earlier than we'd like.... and even the back lit keyboard i'm using now i got because he wouldn't settle down and go to bed if my lights were on. we've had several dogs, all good ones but he was the best most personable dog we've ever had. all of our other dogs at least had warning signs that they were on their last legs and it let us prepare for it. we had no warnings this time and none of us were prepared for it.

the other situation we need prayer for is that we all work for the same small commercial construction company that my dad owns. we have had a terrible time the past few years getting some of our large customers to actually pay us. actually it seems like every one of our larger scale customers who's jobs should have been a good windfall and greatly helped us out have instead been terrible customers who are extremely slow to pay if they pay at all.
we've had customers end up wasting our time by using us for design input, then changing their minds about what they want and going back to an architect and engineer and having them constantly change the plans only to run out of money before we ever got to build anything.
we've had a customer we had a long standing business relationship with who owned several sites they wanted us to do things on only to have the middle men in his company not do their job then blame us only to have the next contractor be put in the same position and also not be able to get anything rebuilt. (which did actually lead to the middle men getting fired that time)
we had one of our project managers/supervisors start doing a crappy job and doing things on site the most expensive way he could figure out to get it done. (we think he was trying to get fired because he's the kind of guy who has some sort of mental thing about being in one place too long and this was the longest he had actually worked at any one place. we could tell he was getting antsy and wanting to leave but really didn't want to just quit on us. he's not a bad guy but man it'd have been better for him and us if he had just quit.)

in the mean time the company still has bills to pay and we've still been trying to pay our subs as best as we can but us not getting paid and having our time wasted has led to a number of destroyed business relationships. it's left us in real bad shape (financial and otherwise) and under a lot of stress. especially my dad.

it feels like one thing after another has kept going wrong the past few years and now the best dog we've ever had is dead on top of it all. he was one of the honest to goodness blessings i'd thank God for just about every night in spite of how bad the day had been.
if it weren't for the glory and grace of God i'd probably be ready to destroy the world myself right now. i'm so tired and fed up with it all that God being good is about the only think keeping me from breaking.
so please pray for us. we're tired, worn out, don't know what to do, and we miss our dog.
even so i still want to say not ours but God's will be done.
I pray to the Father,
Dear Father bless this company that its fortunes will be turned around and become successful.
I pray for the sadness of losing the pet can be turned around and maybe a new puppy be found.

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, You know how saddened this family is by the loss of their family pet. Comfort them and help them to get through this loss. Grant them peace knowing their family pet is now at peace and without pain, In Jesus Name, Amen

I know the pain you are feeling. I lost my most loyal dog, also to kidney disease and also rather quickly, so I can relate and understand. If it helps any, ((((hugs))))
and God bless you and your family.

I also pray that God will change your lot and restore all that was lost in the family business. I ask that He will send honest paying customers and that the business will grow, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0