TN
✟15,140.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello all. I haven't really been around here much, so many of you don't know me. My name is Jarrid, and I have a very desperate prayer request.

For three years now I have been with the wman of my dreams. It's a bit hard to explain, and I know not alot of you accept it, but yes we did meet on the internet. Just like my mom and step-father who have a wonderful marriage and hardly almost never argue. Me and my beautiful angel decided almost two years ago that we were ready to take it furthur and get married. Without hesitation she said yes when I asked. Now here is the hard part. We are so in love, we know it's real, we pray everyday. It's not a game or lust, we are in love. She tells me everyday I'm her guardian angel, that we saved each other's lives. God blessed us both with one another when both of our lives were in danger. I apologize for this being so long, but please have patience and bare with me. God has really us what love is all about, he has tested us to no end and we always come through. Her mom adores me and wants us to live happilly ever after. Now here is the problem. She is schooling in Canada and I am in the US. It's hard typing this because I am afraid that some may criticize or tell me it's not love, or how can i love and marry someone so far away. Honestly i can say because the lord has given me the heart to do so. We are both trying so hard.

My prayer is a bit much, but here it is: For these amazing years we have been together, not once have we been in each other's arms. :( We talk everyday, we cry ourselves to sleep sometimes, asking for a miracle. We would be together right now if it wasn't for a car accident I was in that put me out of work and STILL am out from it. I would do anything for this woman. my prayer is that somehow, someway God will bless us, and allow us to be in each other's arms. We know this is what we want, this is the life we desire with one another. Please pray that we may find a way to be together. I apologize for the long typing. Something just told me I needed to do this. I need to be with my wife :( We tell each other all the time, we ARE married in our hearts and souls and minds. *bows head* Please Father, help me to be in her arms.

Iasetas

Aug 26, 2006
TN
✟15,140.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok, I just got a pm telling me this post was reported because one of you thinks this is a scam you've seen at another site? That's where I have to stop you there. This has not been posted anywhere else. These are words from my heart, a true honest to God prayer. How dare you come here and tell me I'm scamming. First of all how is it a scam? I am asking for prayer, not for you people to send me money or anything else!

Is it really a crime to ask people to pray for me? I apologize if this post here violates anything. I'm just hurt that I'd be accused of such things.

Upvote 0

Ephesians4

Senior Veteran
Sep 26, 2007
www.prayerandsupport.com
Visit site
✟21,923.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jarrid,

First of all, I have no idea why someone would have reported you. Weird. Boo to them. Just let that roll like water off a duck's back. Maybe it was a mistake.

Next, it's really sweet to hear you talk about your girl. It's clear that you love her and care about her very much.

Something to consider:
It's possible that God is physically keeping you apart right now so you can gain a bit more life experience. I know that probably sounds silly. When I was 19, I thought I was 100% mature and knew it all (insert laughs from everyone over 30 here). But, let me explain mature...

In your late teens and early 20s, you're going through a lot of change. By change, I mean "perspective" changes. Sometimes what you want now may change in a year or two. It sounds crazy but it happens a lot in those early years. Some of those things that will happen are, frankly, are going to be bad, but God is going to test you and mold you through it.

So, even though it may not feel like it, God may be protecting you right now, letting your relationship age like a fine wine before you two are ever actually married and together. He may actually be protecting you from a future divorce!!

If you're both Christians and feel that God put you together, then very likely this is what's going on. Relish the time you have apart. Know that God is working to make you both the children of God that He wants you to be.

Marriage is extremely hard, and most people don't know what they're getting into when they say "I Do." It's easy to think "my relationship is different" or "you don't know us" or "what we have is special" but believe me, everyone feels just like you do at the beginning of the relationship (yes, even after 3 years; it's still early). That's why you need all the maturity and life experiences you can get before you get into marriage so you'll be able to handle the rollercoaster ride when you're there.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE being married, but it's not all puppies and sunshine. My husband and I have weathered a lot of tough times with family problems, health issues, financial issues and more. This isn't the kind of stuff you're told in school or see on TV. But it's the truth.

Since you haven't actually spent a full day together (much less years right up under each other), you haven't had a chance for the "honeymoon period" to wear off and to really go through tough times together (and to get disillusioned with each other over certain things). That honeymoon period needs to fully wear off before you can actually know. I really wish you could do some dating in person for several years so you could see how much you really get along with each other.

My prayer for you is that God brings you together only at just the right time (whether that's in one week, ten years or not at all) so that you experience the absolute best of His will. Try not to force His will forward; have patience and let Him do what's best in your life.

Selfishly for you, I hope it's very, very soon - but in the big picture, I hope it's whatever timing is best for you both. :)

I know this isn't the easiest to hear, but I pray that God will show you which parts (if any) of this post to take to heart. God bless you always. May you keep growing into the man God wants you to be. :)

Upvote 0

Iasetas

Aug 26, 2006
TN
✟15,140.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I thank you both for your prayers. It really means alot to me. :) And yes I have taken many things to heart with what you said to me. The advice wasn't that hard to handle because I am very well aware of such things. We have deffinatly had some tests thrown at us and we have discussed many issues such as finances, etc etc. We love each other dearly and both know if it's what God wants, it will happen. I just hope and pray it IS what He wants for us. Anyways, thank you all for the prayers and support. God Bless You all!

~Jarrid~

Upvote 0

LadyMarion52

Veteran
May 13, 2007
Gulf Coast of MS
✟9,367.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello all. I haven't really been around here much, so many of you don't know me. My name is Jarrid, and I have a very desperate prayer request.

For three years now I have been with the wman of my dreams. It's a bit hard to explain, and I know not alot of you accept it, but yes we did meet on the internet. Just like my mom and step-father who have a wonderful marriage and hardly almost never argue. Me and my beautiful angel decided almost two years ago that we were ready to take it furthur and get married. Without hesitation she said yes when I asked. Now here is the hard part. We are so in love, we know it's real, we pray everyday. It's not a game or lust, we are in love. She tells me everyday I'm her guardian angel, that we saved each other's lives. God blessed us both with one another when both of our lives were in danger. I apologize for this being so long, but please have patience and bare with me. God has really us what love is all about, he has tested us to no end and we always come through. Her mom adores me and wants us to live happilly ever after. Now here is the problem. She is schooling in Canada and I am in the US. It's hard typing this because I am afraid that some may criticize or tell me it's not love, or how can i love and marry someone so far away. Honestly i can say because the lord has given me the heart to do so. We are both trying so hard.

My prayer is a bit much, but here it is: For these amazing years we have been together, not once have we been in each other's arms. :( We talk everyday, we cry ourselves to sleep sometimes, asking for a miracle. We would be together right now if it wasn't for a car accident I was in that put me out of work and STILL am out from it. I would do anything for this woman. my prayer is that somehow, someway God will bless us, and allow us to be in each other's arms. We know this is what we want, this is the life we desire with one another. Please pray that we may find a way to be together. I apologize for the long typing. Something just told me I needed to do this. I need to be with my wife :( We tell each other all the time, we ARE married in our hearts and souls and minds. *bows head* Please Father, help me to be in her arms.
Lord Jesus You know this situation I ask that You please help this couple. Lord please open doors for them to be together. Please help them get a car. Help them financially. Please help others not to judge but to lift them up to You in prayer. In Jesus Name Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toobcherished

Nov 8, 2006
✟7,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just a bit of advice. Take your time. The Lord knows what he is doing here and you are apart right now for a reason. If anything he wants your relationship to grow from afar first and maybe it will make you appreciate one another more when you finally come together.

By the way I met my husband on the internet. We dated long distance for a year and half then married then he was deployed to Iraq. Long distance relationships do work if you are fully fully committed. And it has to be both parties that are fully engaged. We had a few ups and downs but nothing to make us break up. We believe though had we lived closer to each other there are things we wold have known about each other that we didnt figure out until after we were married. There is a diffrence. You just have to be ok with the diffrence.

Anyway I will be praying for you and your love!

Upvote 0

Iasetas

Aug 26, 2006
TN
✟15,140.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Just a bit of advice. Take your time. The Lord knows what he is doing here and you are apart right now for a reason. If anything he wants your relationship to grow from afar first and maybe it will make you appreciate one another more when you finally come together.

By the way I met my husband on the internet. We dated long distance for a year and half then married then he was deployed to Iraq. Long distance relationships do work if you are fully fully committed. And it has to be both parties that are fully engaged. We had a few ups and downs but nothing to make us break up. We believe though had we lived closer to each other there are things we wold have known about each other that we didnt figure out until after we were married. There is a diffrence. You just have to be ok with the diffrence.

Anyway I will be praying for you and your love!
I'm so glad to see that I am not the only one going the path of the net. I wish the best for you and your husband. :) And believe me, me and my fiance have had ups and downs, many many tests, and we have passed them all. Right now we are going through one more. I feel God may be testing me and me alone though at this moment. My patience and my security (or insecurity). I have a habit of worrying quite a bit due to me having a huge heart. So please also pray that I overcome this. I want nothing more in the world than to just hold her, even if it's once before I die, I just want her to be in my arms.

Upvote 0