Asking Christians: How is killing all the first born sons of egypt moral?

whatdoyounkiooo

Jul 20, 2020
houston
✟579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I could go in several directions with that question....what do you mean by offspring? DNA?
To better to explain this to you
I will use the species...birds.

You take Cardinals...and you take Crows.
Both are birds but do not produce the same offspring.

Cardinals act as Cardinals and Crows act as Crows.
The same as the Children of God and the Children of devils.

Upvote 0

whatdoyounkiooo

Jul 20, 2020
houston
✟579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Killing children to pay for the sins of their parents... if its "good" that God did this, then we've lost our grip on the word "good". There's no saying what good means anymore.
If you knew that God was going to punish your children for your sins...would it not motivate you to do what was right when the temptation to do what was wrong would normally cause you to do what was wrong instead of doing what was right?

And it would also motivate to make sure you correct your children.
Would it not if you loved them?

And if you do not love them then why should God love them?

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So a newly-conceived "soul" is sinful despite never having committed a sin?

When do they become deserving of Hell?

They have the sin nature, this is why we die. Sin brought in death. before sin there was no death.
Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned-

Not that they have committed sin, but they have inherited the propensity to sin which will show as soon as they are old enough to physically sin. This is why we are all sinners.
Romans 3:23

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Only Jesus was sinless. A sin can be as small as losing your temper. The New Testament says whatever is not done in faith is sin, bad thoughts can be sin. Sin does not have to be something huge like murder.

Committing sin and the propensity to sin are two different things.

By herself Eve did not have the propensity to sin, she needed an outside influence. Satan influenced her and then she influenced Adam. This is why Jesus was tempted in the desert. He too had no propensity to sin. The devil tempted him and he resisted each time. Where Adam failed Christ succeeded.

We also know that people will be judged on the sins they have committed as well.

Who is deserving of hell? I already told you babies do not go to hell, the blood of Jesus covers the innocent. In fact some people have used this argument for abortion since aborted babies souls will go to heaven. However, the act of murder is the same regardless of the soul's age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do not have to make excuses for yourself to me...I do not care.
I accept you unconditionally as you are you.
I've been here for ten years...trolls....I mean people such as yourself, are disingenuous at best.
Why bother answering you when your only intent is to mock and belittle what you don't understand...and the manner you asked the questions reveal your whole intent regardless of whatever answers I provided.
So why should I bother?

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So a newly-conceived "soul" is sinful despite never having committed a sin?

When do they become deserving of Hell?

That would be when they are cognitive enough to reject Jesus, and only God knows a person's heart.

Upvote 0

whatdoyounkiooo

Jul 20, 2020
houston
✟579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've been here for ten years...trolls....I mean people such as yourself, are disingenuous at best.
Why bother answering you when your only intent is to mock and belittle what you don't understand...and the manner you asked the questions reveal your whole intent regardless of whatever answers I provided.
So why should I bother?
I do not expect you will like the answer I have for the reason of your behavior so I will keep it to myself.

If you find my post offending to you then do not read them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where did the babies that died
before Jesus was born go when they died?

They went to be with God. This may have been a different heaven as indicated in Hebrews. Here we are given a list of people who lived by faith such as Noah and told
13 All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance.
In the Gospels, it is called 'Abrahams Bosom'
And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Upvote 0