Asking and healing

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is something that can hardly be missed while reading the Bible and that is the connection between asking Jesus Christ and getting healed!

Ok, not every case was someone healed by actually asking Jesus Christ but it mostly was. Of course if Jesus was not around, then it seems like asking a man of God was the way - Jesus truly being the Man of God. Anyway - there is a connection with asking and receiving especially when it comes to healing.

I want to bring this up because from working in a healing ministry for awhile I saw that people did not ask for healing like they should. I mean literally we got on a large percent of people who actually came to that "Christian healing ministry" in a lot of pain and did not mention that they needed healing!!!???

Of course it actually took me a few years working in that ministry to really understand that was happening regularly. The reason I didn't understand was that I would tend to ask the Lord how to pray for what they were asking prayer for instead of asking Him what they needed prayer for.

The point is that we people just don't ask the Lord enough!! We don't even ask Him enough when we are obviously aware of a problem with need help with, like healing.

Towards the end of the time (about five years) I had figured out this issue and before we ended a prayer session I mad sure (being the lead of a group at that time) that we asked the Lord if there was anything else He thought we needed to pray for that night for that person.

We were literally finding, praying for, and seeing more physical healings from God telling us about the problem than from the people coming in to the healing ministry. Not only that, but the extreme of many of those cases were amazing.

If a person needed healing we would ask them if they had pain at that time. Often they don't. Of course more often the have some level of pain or discomfort. So we would ask them to rate it on a scale of 1 to 10. I can't tell you the number of times I would hear the Lord tell me that the person had a problem, like say a stomach problem, that they needed prayer for. So I would ask them if they had a problem in their stomach, to which they would respond they did. So I would ask them how painful it was on a scale of 1-10 only to find out that they were in extreme pain on a level of 9 or 10.

They had actually come in with that extreme pain and said they want prayer for some other little problem when they really wanted and needed prayer for this extreme problem. This was not that unusual!! Sometime we had already prayed for them for 20 minutes or so before we found this out at the end.

The good news is that the Lord knows and we can talk with Him. He also heals and it usually take a lot less time that we people praying think it takes. We read in the Bible where the Lord or a disciple just makes a short prayer or just says a word and the person get instantly healed. Well - it is more like that. My prayer for physical healing is most just "Ok Lord Jesus Christ, I'm just asking you heal this person of..." Then I ask Him inside how it is or if I need to pray more, and listen to Him. He sometimes asks me to do are pray something else, like perhaps forgiveness over them, but sometimes He just tells me that it is done and to ask the person - so that I then ask the person how they feel and watch them reconsider the pain level and find out that it is gone. They are usually surprise that it is just not there anymore.

It doesn't always work that quick and simply, but it pretty much works that way. The healing regularly happens quickly and after you ask Him!

So let me ask a question of other Christians. Why does it seem like we have lots of hurting Christians in our churches?? It is not because we are not asking Him, is it?