Ask, Seek, and don’t stop knocking on God’s door!

tadake

May 19, 2017
Livingston
✟15,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To start today I want to focus on the first piece of scripture and write a little about it and then share the second part of the scripture on the relevance of applying it in our lives.

Matthew 7:7-8

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

Jesus is teaching us to be persistent in our walk with God. When we pray, we are to do so feverishly . Our blessings should never dictate or correlate with our prayer life. I only say this because If or even when you receive your blessing we should never think that we are “good to go” and stop praying to our Heavenly Father. Our main focus should always be God whether you get something from Him or not.

Knowing God takes faith, dedication and follow-through. No one said being Christian would be a simple thing, on the contrary it is a daily war. God needs warriors and not people who will lie down on their backs when they face a trail or tribulation, but fight against it. Our focus should never be on a certain reward, but the very fact that we are able to seek the Lord in every aspect of our lives.

When you seek God for wisdom, love or patience; you will receive it abundantly on His time and not yours. But how do we know for sure that our prayers will be answered? Jesus teaches us this in…

Matthew 7:9-11

9 “You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? 10 Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! 11 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.

Here Jesus is using a example about children since we are all children of God. Jesus teaches if a child would ask their father for a loaf of bread and a fish because they are hungry and it is a basic necessity in human life, would a good father give them a stone or a poison snake? No, not never! Just the very thought of this hurts my heart. A good father would give His child what they “need” and not what they want.

The best example I can use about prayer to change the perspective a little is “what if a child is asking for a poison snake and they think it is a fish?” Will a good father give the ones he loves so much something that could hurt or even kill them just because the ask? Once again no! Even if we are persistent in our prayer life, we need to understand that simple fact. We may be praying for something that is not really good for us even though we think it is. A wise father can tell the difference and we have the wisest of all Fathers.

If we are such sinners and know how to give a good present to one of our children, how much more will God give to us? Jesus is trying to teach us about the “heart” of our God. God is not selfish nor greedy. We do not have to beg or gravel when we come to Him, but come to Him with a humble heart and a open mind with our petitions. We should know that God will always provide for us the necessities in life that we need. We should never stop asking Him into our lives through His word and the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Our father knows us all and He is a loving father. He knows and understands each and every one of us. If we could stop everyday for a minute and see God for what He is and “awe” at His glorious and loving nature, we would have the rejuvenation we need in our hearts and spirits to do His work here on earth. We could finally have what we need to get out of our own ways.

This is why I believe Jesus was teaching this lesson. He teaches us to never stop our communication with the Lord, to never stop seeking God in all aspects of our lives and to stand up and knock on Gods door without ceasing. Then His door with open up to us and we will be blessed abundantly! I pray that I was able to communicate this lesson clearly and I hope everyone has a blessed day!

For more devotionals please look at my blog!

• Winner
Reactions: Saint Beloved