✟48,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
0hello5063.gif

◘ How do you believe evangelists such as Jim Bakker, Ted Haggard, and Jim Jones have impacted the view of Christianity?
○ Which soap opera do you think would best portray your life? Why?
◘ Which serial killer (ie. Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Jack the Ripper) fascinates you the most? Why? If you could ask this person one question, what would it be?
○ Do you enjoy watching horror movies? Do these types of movies have a lasting affect on you?
◘ What do you think to fear God means? Do you believe it is simply respecting God and His power, or does it mean to literally fear Him? Why do you believe this?

Upvote 0

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How do you believe evangelists such as Jim Bakker, Ted Haggard, and Jim Jones have impacted the view of Christianity?
Honestly I don't know because I don't know anything about them/their beliefs, etc.

Which soap opera do you think would best portray your life? Why?
I don't watch soap operas anymore... haven't since I was about 13. I don't really remember any of them lol

Which serial killer (ie. Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Jack the Ripper) fascinates you the most? Why? If you could ask this person one question, what would it be?
definitley Jack the Ripper, mainly because it was never determined exactly who Jack the Ripper was or if it was even just one person. As for a question, the question I would ask any of them would be "Why did you do it?"

Do you enjoy watching horror movies? Do these types of movies have a lasting affect on you?
I don't watch horror movies. I have a very vivid and active imagination (always have) and after watching a horror movie, I tend to think every little sound is a killer in the house, etc.

What do you think to fear God means? Do you believe it is simply respecting God and His power, or does it mean to literally fear Him? Why do you believe this?
I tend to think the first one. God is loving and we shouldn't fear Him but definitely respect Him.

Upvote 0

heavensangelwv

• Who am I, O Lord God? •
Jul 1, 2007
West Virginia
✟48,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jim Bakker is an American televangelist, a former Assemblies of God minister, and a former host (with his then-wife Tammy Faye Bakker) of The PTL Club, a popular evangelical Christian television program. A sex scandal led to his resignation from the ministry. Subsequent revelations of accounting fraud brought about his imprisonment and divorce and effectively ended his time in the larger public eye.

Ted Haggard is a former American evangelical preacher. Known as Pastor Ted to the congregations he has served, he is the founder and disgraced former pastor of the New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado; a founder of the Association of Life-Giving Churches; and was leader of the National Association of Evangelicals from 2003 until November 2006. In November 2006, he resigned or was removed from all of his leadership positions after allegations of homosexual sex and drug abuse were made by whistleblower Mike Jones, a former prostitute. Initially Haggard denied even knowing Mike Jones, but as a media investigation proceeded he acknowledged that some allegations, such as his purchase of methamphetamine, were true. He later added "sexual immorality" to his list of confessions.

Jim Jones was the American founder of the Peoples Temple group, which became synonymous with group suicide after the November 18, 1978 mass murder - suicide by poison in their isolated agricultural intentional community called Jonestown, located in Guyana. Nine hundred and thirteen (913) people drank cyanide after Jones ordered his men to kill visiting Congressman Leo Ryan and numerous members of his entourage.

Upvote 0

heavensangelwv

Jul 1, 2007
West Virginia
✟48,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
11.gif

◘ Who taught you the most painful lesson you’ve ever learned in life? What was it?
○ Is a great teacher still great if he or she is not willing to improve?
◘ If you could raise your IQ by 50 points but in so doing had to drop your height by 1 foot, would you do it?
○ What is the most pressing problem to be solved in the world today? Why?
◘ If you could have a stranger come up to you and whisper anything into your ear, what would you want them to say?

Upvote 0

heavensangelwv

Jul 1, 2007
West Virginia
✟48,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
chi999d53781845_myspace.gif

◘ What impact do you want to leave on the world?
○ How short would your life have to be for you to start living different today?
◘ Give an example of when a negative experience has had a positive outcome in your life.
○ Do you dislike or like people who are proud of themselves and don't try to hide it? Why?
◘ Do you believe there is such a thing as world peace, or is it necessary in life for there always to be a duality in existence?

Upvote 0

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jim Bakker is an American televangelist, a former Assemblies of God minister, and a former host (with his then-wife Tammy Faye Bakker) of The PTL Club, a popular evangelical Christian television program. A sex scandal led to his resignation from the ministry. Subsequent revelations of accounting fraud brought about his imprisonment and divorce and effectively ended his time in the larger public eye.

Ted Haggard is a former American evangelical preacher. Known as Pastor Ted to the congregations he has served, he is the founder and disgraced former pastor of the New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado; a founder of the Association of Life-Giving Churches; and was leader of the National Association of Evangelicals from 2003 until November 2006. In November 2006, he resigned or was removed from all of his leadership positions after allegations of homosexual sex and drug abuse were made by whistleblower Mike Jones, a former prostitute. Initially Haggard denied even knowing Mike Jones, but as a media investigation proceeded he acknowledged that some allegations, such as his purchase of methamphetamine, were true. He later added "sexual immorality" to his list of confessions.

Jim Jones was the American founder of the Peoples Temple group, which became synonymous with group suicide after the November 18, 1978 mass murder - suicide by poison in their isolated agricultural intentional community called Jonestown, located in Guyana. Nine hundred and thirteen (913) people drank cyanide after Jones ordered his men to kill visiting Congressman Leo Ryan and numerous members of his entourage.
Thanks for the summaries... I'd heard the first two names before but couldn't remember exactly who they were/what they did, etc. The last one doesn't ring a bell.

Anyway, I think guys like these definitely give others a negative view on Christianity. They're supposed to be the leaders and they go around doing this stuff... why would a non-Christian want to be a part of that, ya know?

Upvote 0

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
11.gif

◘ Who taught you the most painful lesson you’ve ever learned in life? What was it?
○ Is a great teacher still great if he or she is not willing to improve?
◘ If you could raise your IQ by 50 points but in so doing had to drop your height by 1 foot, would you do it?
○ What is the most pressing problem to be solved in the world today? Why?
◘ If you could have a stranger come up to you and whisper anything into your ear, what would you want them to say?
Who taught you the most painful lesson you’ve ever learned in life? What was it?
a group of kids in my 6th grade class... lesson learned: kids are cruel... I cried every.single.day of 6th grade. Ironically I became friends with some of those kids in high school!

Is a great teacher still great if he or she is not willing to improve?
nope... you must always be willing to learn and improve yourself.

If you could raise your IQ by 50 points but in so doing had to drop your height by 1 foot, would you do it?
no, I'm fine with my IQ and I definitely don't want to get any shorter LOL

What is the most pressing problem to be solved in the world today? Why?
hunger... there's waaaaaay too many starving people in this world

If you could have a stranger come up to you and whisper anything into your ear, what would you want them to say?
wow... that is a toughie... I'm gonna go with "I hope you have a wonderful day" lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
chi999d53781845_myspace.gif

◘ What impact do you want to leave on the world?
○ How short would your life have to be for you to start living different today?
◘ Give an example of when a negative experience has had a positive outcome in your life.
○ Do you dislike or like people who are proud of themselves and don't try to hide it? Why?
◘ Do you believe there is such a thing as world peace, or is it necessary in life for there always to be a duality in existence?
What impact do you want to leave on the world?
honestly I don't know yet

How short would your life have to be for you to start living different today?
I live by the quote "Today is the first day of the rest of your life" combined with trying to live by "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today" because you never know when today might be your last.

Give an example of when a negative experience has had a positive outcome in your life.
I survived what probably should have been a fatal car accident with not even a broken bone (cuts and bruises, yes, but no broken bones) and it definitely brought me closer to Christ.

Do you dislike or like people who are proud of themselves and don't try to hide it? Why?
usually dislike... mainly because they come off as 'holier-than-thou' and that is one of my major pet peeves.

Do you believe there is such a thing as world peace, or is it necessary in life for there always to be a duality in existence?
I think theoretically world peace could be possible, but in reality it will never happen until Christ returns.

Upvote 0

heavensangelwv

Jul 1, 2007
West Virginia
✟48,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
bde0b33817103031d06663f9629f3f77.jpg

◘ Where do you draw the line between possible and impossible?
○ Where do you believe love ends and obsession begins?
◘ Are you a talker or a listener? Is it ever possible to really be both?
○ Is becoming a wise person the product of doing many unwise things?
◘ When the children of today grow up and look back at this period in history, what do you think they'll say? What would you most want them to remember about this period in history?

Upvote 0

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What are your pet peeves?
people who drive slow in the left lane and those who drive fast in the right lane; holier-than-thou people, Christian or otherwise

Who makes you smile the most in your life?
my hubby and my dog

How often do you pray during the day?
several times a day, more often if there's a situation, like an ill family member, etc.

Do you have a hard time forgiving people?
not really, no... I mean I don't forgive people instantaneously but usually with-in a couple of hours, at most a day.

What has been most challenging in your walk with God?
finding the will power and desire to want to go to church

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
◘ Where do you draw the line between possible and impossible?
All things are possible with God.

○ Where do you believe love ends and obsession begins?
I'd say obsession would be when you can't eat or sleep because of a person, all you can do is think about them 24/7 and it interferes with your life in general.

◘ Are you a talker or a listener? Is it ever possible to really be both?
I'm usually a listener. I think it's possible to be both... it just depends on what situation you're in.

○ Is becoming a wise person the product of doing many unwise things?
Only if you learn from doing those unwise things... otherwise you're just a person doing unwise things, not becoming wiser because of them.

◘ When the children of today grow up and look back at this period in history, what do you think they'll say? What would you most want them to remember about this period in history?
They'll most likely remember all the world conflict. I think I'd like them to remember that even though there is evil in the world, there is also still good.

Upvote 0

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Any weekend plans for you? Have a great weekend btw!

This was from two weeks ago, but it is the weekend again :p I'm not sure what my plans are... probably catching up on shows we've recorded during the week that we haven't had the chance to watch yet; cleaning; reading; hopefully church.

Upvote 0

heavensangelwv

Jul 1, 2007
West Virginia
✟48,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
030.gif

◘ Do you believe that angels have free will?
○ Do you believe that angels have a gender?
◘ How many ranks of angels are there and what are the names of those ranks?
○ What powers do you think angels have? Is there any evidence of this power?
◘ Do you believe that everyone has his or her own personal guardian angel that is with him or her at all times?

Upvote 0

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
◘ Do you believe that angels have free will?
no

○ Do you believe that angels have a gender?
no

◘ How many ranks of angels are there and what are the names of those ranks?
there's at least 3 that I know of... there may be more but I'm not sure: Seraphim, Cherabim and Archangel

○ What powers do you think angels have? Is there any evidence of this power?
I've heard of people saying that angels protected them from getting into a dangerous situation by appearing as a warning or whatever, but I've never had any personal experience with that...

◘ Do you believe that everyone has his or her own personal guardian angel that is with him or her at all times?
yes

Upvote 0

heavensangelwv

Jul 1, 2007
West Virginia
✟48,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
buzzingby.gif

◘ What is your opinion on physician assisted suicide?
○ Do you have a last will and testament prepared in the event that something happens to you?
◘ How long do you believe patients who are in comas should continue to receive medical care?
○ If something was to happen and you could not survive without life support, would you want to die or continue to live off of the medical equipment?
◘ If doctors informed your family that you had suffered significant brain damage after an accident and you would be in a vegetative state for the remainder of your life if they revive you, would you want your family to take the chance of saving your life with the possibility of having to take care of you? Or, would you rather that your family let you peacefully pass?

Upvote 0