Burnley
✟11,413.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.” Genesis Ch 4 v 6-7.

Cain was a pretty awful guy, he had a short fuse, hot temper and anger management issues, and despite God's direct intervention he couldn't get on top of his problems.

Now I'm a pretty laid-back, really long fuse and it takes an awful lot to stress me. Does that make me better than Cain? No, I have my faults, just different faults.

I was really close friends with a girl who was married to a lovely guy who loves to stay in, watch TV and was very homely. However she liked to go out, loved going to the boozer, singing, meeting people and having a really good time with her friends there. So she did, without him. Eventually she met a man, got close, started an affair and then decideď to leave her husband. I told her to think again, I said that she was the only woman I have ever met that has left her husband because he didn't drink enough! Since then we've barely spoke.

Satan custom builds our temptation around our flaws. Some like to gamble. I don't understand why anyone would throw their hard earned money into a slot machine that pays out maximum 70%??? Yesterday I heard a radio advertisement for a gambling app on the iPhone which advised participants to: 'please gamble responsibly'. To me, a contradiction of terms. Giving your hard-earned to some massive company that promises to pay you in the event that an unlikely event happens, is total madness. Why would you?? But to some, the temptation of easy winnings is too hard to resist.

So I don't have anger management issues, I'm not a heavy drinker and I'm not prone to gambling. Does that make.me Satan's toughest cookie since Jesus was tempted in the wilderness? Probably not.

My Achilles heel is lust. I think back to the many stupid things I have done, since I became a Christian, and think when I was doing ........ (I'd rather not say)..... God was with me whilst I.... My thoughts and desires run amok. But recently I've confessed this to God and asked his Holy Spirit to redirect my thoughts and emotions and focus them on Him. With a lot of prayer it's worked.

God's word tells me that:
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us I John 1:8‭-‬10

If anyone would like help in this area, confess your weakness here, as opposed to your sins which should really be confessed to God only, and ask for others to pray for you. To 'Others' I ask, pray and give messages of encouragement and support.

We can avoid Cain's fate and block the sin at our door that desires us and instead do well.

• Agree
Reactions: joshcorn

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,932.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has been moved to the Deeper Fellowship forum.
Please note and abide by the Statement of Purpose of this forum.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0