• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

ASK FATHER: “What’s the deal with tarot cards?”

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+39,655
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    From a reader…

Father, what’s the deal with tarot cards. I saw something about them being dangerous for the soul. I don’t get why. They’re just pieces of paper with art on them. What’s the story here.

If you are “playing” with or using tarot cards or a ouija board …

STOP NOW.

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

2116 All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to “unveil” the future. Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.

Continued below.
    ASK FATHER: "What's the deal with tarot cards?"

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Der Alte

Der Alte This is me about 1 yr. old. Supporter

+3,837
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Here are the scriptures dealing with this issue.
    You shall not permit a sorceress to live Exodus 22:18

You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor shall you practice divination or soothsaying Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them. to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God And the person who turns after mediums and familiar spirits, to prostitute himself with them, I will set My face against that person and cut him off from his people A man or a woman who is a medium or a wizard shall be put to death; they shall be stoned to death, their blood is upon them (Leviticus 19:26,31; 20:6,27)

When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you (Deuteronomy 18:9-12).

Now if people say to you, Consult the ghosts and the familiar spirits that chirp and mutter:
    should not a people consult their gods, the dead on behalf of the living, for teaching and for instruction?” Surely, those who speak like this will have no dawn! (Isaiah 8:19,20)

3. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+5,295
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I appreciate you posting this, I've known a lot of people who attended a catholic church over the years who were into astrology, and visited psychics.

The occult is no joke.

4. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+4,534
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    I agree. I was exposed to the occult as a young child and I'm still dealing with the after effects.

5. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+2,974
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I've had people laugh at me because I refused to hang around while others played with a Ouija board. I let them laugh, and just said, "Listen, if you actually do manage to conjure anything up on that thing, you'll wish you hadn't. First off, it won't be your dear deceased Aunt Mildred, and two, once you get it to come up, it's nearly impossible to get rid of it."