• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Ask an Iranian :D

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Darioush, Jan 14, 2018.

1. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+21,737
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Have or would you ever like to come visit the US? If so, where would you like to go?

Also, what if anything, do you like or find interesting about American culture?

2. Darioush

Darioush Member

+61
    Iran, Islamic Republic Of
    Muslim
    In Relationship

To my nation.

3. Darioush

Darioush Member

+61
    Muslim
    In Relationship
  4. Darioush

Darioush Member

+61
    Muslim
    In Relationship
    Yes. Millions actually who fled from the american wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iran gave home to several million peoplle displaced by american agression.

In USA many women are objectified and dont get same payments as men. In Iran more women have a high university degree than women in USA. USA has 12 times higher rape numbers than Iran.

Iran is not perfect but we dont start genocidal wars like USA does. We dont murder millions for cheap oil.

I dont blame your people for this. You are as much victims of this as the people of Iraq and Afghanistan and Syria.

I know our mistakes, but you ignore your own. Thats the main reason why you fall behind more and more, why Iran gains more and more influence, why Russia wins, why EU starts to overtake your influence and China wins as well.

5. hislegacy

hislegacy Always in His Presence

+9,496
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Is homosexuality punishable by death?

6. Qvashti

Qvashti Out of the wilderness

+95
    Canada
    Pentecostal
    Private
  7. Sanoy

Sanoy Well-Known Member

+1,379
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  8. Darioush

Darioush Member

+61
    Muslim
    In Relationship

Sure i can explain to you.

Women in Iran can vote and can get elected.

We have female politicians.

Law states that women must cover their hair. How they do is their decission.

Most women walk around like that

[​IMG]

It depends on the area and social statue. In cities and more urban areas women in general walk around more fancy. In villages with conservative people women cover up more.

9. Darioush

Darioush Member

+61
    Muslim
    In Relationship
    I never was in USA yet. The area i would like to visit is Oregon and Washington State and Alaska.

What i like about USA is NASA and the Space Shuttle.

10. Darioush

Darioush Member

+61
    Muslim
    In Relationship

The blonde one?

11. Qvashti

Qvashti Out of the wilderness

+95
    Canada
    Pentecostal
    Private
    From the perspective of a Christian the head covering is Christ. NonChristian is different.

12. hislegacy

+9,496
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you for your kindness and replies.

The only things we see in America is the violence and brutality in Iran.

The public beheadings and large crowds chanting death to America, the murder of homosexuals make it very difficult to picture your country as little more than barbaric.

Though we know that is by no means the majority of people in Iran. I am sure if you and I sat at a meal, we would become friends.

Thank you again for taking the time to post here. There is much we can learn from each other.

13. Darioush

Darioush Member

+61
    Muslim
    In Relationship

We have no beheadings in Iran.

You mistake us with Saudi Arabia, your allie?

Here we only see the violence and brutality in USA. The gigantic crime and murder levels. The police violence and the extreme racism.

We see your politicians who wish us death in public

All this makes it very difficult to picture your country as little more than barbaric.

Though we know that is by no means the majority of people in USA. I am sure if you and I sat at a meal, we would become friends.

Thank you again for taking the time to post here. There is much we can learn from each other.

14. hislegacy

+9,496
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Who is supposed to be in that video?

And are you saying that public executions, particularly of homosexuals does not happen?

15. Darioush

Darioush Member

+61
    Muslim
    In Relationship
    That is your Senator McCain.

You said we have public beheadings in Iran. Which is wrong. We have no beheadings in Iran.

This is done in Saudi Arabia, your ally. In Iran executions are done by hanging.

You do your public executions with the electric chair or poison injection. Or shooting by police because wrong skin color.

16. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+24,520
    Agnostic
    Single
    Oh, come one, hislegacy -- You don't recognize John McCain during his 2008 presidential campaign?

17. gadar perets

gadar perets Messianic Hebrew

+1,026
    United States
    Unitarian
    Single
    US-Others
    I was hoping you would reply to post #30.

Also, I agree with you that the USA can seem barbaric. That is the expected outcome when "God" is removed from a society. It will only get worse.

What kind of religious freedom exists in Iran? How are Christians and Jews treated? Is there religious intolerance by Muslims towards other religions?

18. Darioush

Darioush Member

+61
    Muslim
    In Relationship

Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians have full rights in Iran. Iran has the largest group of Jews outside of Israel in the middle east. We have churches, fire temples and Synagoges and places in parliament reserved for those religions.

19. mzungu

mzungu INVICTUS

+183
    Atheist
    Married
    Many greetings Darioush from Greece. I too want to visit Nasa and my brother lives in Oregon. I was offered a green card to go and live in America but declined. I prefer to live in Europe.

20. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+21,737
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Good choices. The Pacific Northwest is beautiful. I'd also like to do more traveling in Oregon and Washington.

How friendly is Iranian society towards atheists or unbelievers? Is there any danger in publicly announcing disbelief in gods?