The International Space Station
✟15,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When you consider human consciousness (or at least the version of it you're directly familiar with from your own experience), what does it seem to you to be made of? Can it be described in terms of components and factors, or what? Do you think consciousness is unique to humans or unique to what we recognize as living organisms?
The human consciousness simply a cranial function. When the human being invented spoken language as a necessity for tribal communication and coordination, an obvious side effect was that information could be discovered and passed along much quicker. This knack for communication is what gives us our personality and "emotions". Emotions are not abstract, there is an actual chemical reaction in your brain, with real biological effects to explain phenomena like "love" and "hate" or "sadness". Simply put, what we consider consciousness is just a form of communication lacking a communicant. Currently, we can't prove any other organism is conscious of its existence but we're working on it.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do find it rather ironic NFL players complain about "white people" and "Racism" despite the fact that most NFL team owners are white and the fact that white people watch football and the fact the NFL players makes millions upon millions upon millions. If you REALLY care so much about protesting then quit the NFL. Because if you don't then your just a hypocrite.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I do find it rather ironic NFL players complain about "white people" and "Racism" despite the fact that most NFL team owners are white and the fact that white people watch football and the fact the NFL players makes millions upon millions upon millions. If you REALLY care so much about protesting then quit the NFL. Because if you don't then your just a hypocrite.
Do you have a question for atheists?

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Are they atheists?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

256064_6429f71273587ebdde5b1038d8c1ccf4.jpg

Well, we will need to watch this forum much closer. The Statement of Purpose includes this:

"Ask a [fill in the blank]" Threads:
All "Ask a [fill in the blank]" or "Why I am a [fill in the blank]" threads are considered promotion (proselytizing) and will not be allowed. Christians may not start any "Ask a [fill in the blank]" or "Why I am a [fill in the blank]" threads either.

Apologetics need to stay in the appropriate forums. We also do not allow promotion of non-Christian beliefs.

This thread is closed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.