Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why was Ashli Babbitt shot and killed at the Capitol? After over 2 1/2 months, why hasn't the officer's name been released? What's going on with the investigation? Why has the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia been totally silent on this?

Discuss.....

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why was Ashli Babbitt shot and killed at the Capitol? After over 2 1/2 months, why hasn't the officer's name been released? What's going on with the investigation? Why has the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia been totally silent on this?

Discuss.....

Everyone saw the tape. She was met with deadly force trying to breach a barricade. Most the capitol rioters should have gotten the same fate when they breached the building.

There is going to be a point where if you keep trying to push toward lawmakers in session where someone with a gun is going to shoot you. She found it.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Everyone saw the tape. She was met with deadly force trying to breach a barricade. Most the capitol rioters should have gotten the same fate when they breached the building.

There is going to be a point where if you keep trying to push toward lawmakers in session where someone with a gun is going to shoot you. She found it.
Quoted for the record.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Quoted for the record.

Darn I usually correct my grammar. That should read "Most of the capitol rioters".

Do you disagree? And if so when do you suppose folks should be shot when trying to riot their way toward lawmakers?

I would guess that you don't believe that they should have free reign to get all the way in to the lawmakers right?

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

The whole event is critically important to the Congressional Democrats' narrative of a supposed "insurrection"...

but the factors involved with this deliberate, unnecessary shooting of an unarmed Ashli Babbitt by an employee of the federal government do not square with the stereotype of crazed, gun-toting, lawless terrorists that they want publicized.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The whole event is critically important to the Congressional Democrats' narrative of a supposed "insurrection"...

but the factors involved with this deliberate, unnecessary shooting of an unarmed Ashli Babbitt by an employee of the federal government do not square with the stereotype of crazed, gun-toting, lawless terrorists that they want publicized.

Well the lawless part is hard to argue. Last I checked it wasn't legal to riot your way into the capitol building demanding a legal election be overturned.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well the lawless part is hard to argue. Last I checked it wasn't legal to riot your way into the capitol building demanding a legal election be overturned.

Many people think that the Capitol is open to the public, like a library. But that aside, Ashli Babbitt didn't fit the stereotype of the so-called insurrectionists, so that is why the media and others have tried to keep the fate of this victim as quiet as possible and also the identity of the killer and all other circumstances. If she were someone else, you know that these facts would be all over the place, in George Floyd fashion.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Many people think that the Capitol is open to the public, like a library. But that aside,

Most people, meaning anyone with a functioning intelligence, notice when they cross police lines past yelling officers start crawling over barricades next to armed folks yelling at them to stop.

Ashli Babbitt didn't fit the stereotype of the so-called insurrectionists, so that is why the media and others have tried to keep the fate of this victim as quiet as possible and also the identity of the killer and all other circumstances. If she were someone else, you know that these facts would be all over the place, in George Floyd fashion.

Babbitt wasn't shot because she was a stereotype, she was shot because she breached one too many barricades.

We don't usually publish the identity of folks whose job it is to gun down crazies trying to breach the capitol. I might be wrong.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Most people, meaning anyone with a functioning intelligence, notice when they cross police lines past yelling officers start crawling over barricades next to armed folks yelling at them to stop.
That's not a credible retort. In a big crowd, some of the people get the specifics wrong; and it is known that some of the guards (for whatever reason) ushered the people in rather than trying to keep them out.

Babbitt wasn't shot because she was a stereotype, she was shot because she breached one too many barricades.

Read what I said with more care before replying. thanks.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's not a credible retort. In a big crowd, some of the people get the specifics wrong; and it is known that some of the guards (for whatever reason) ushered the people in rather than trying to keep them out.

On what planet do you reside where you think pushing past multiple police barricades inside the capitol building next to yelling armed officers isn't going to get you shot?

Here watch the video again if you're confused:
Newly available video shows fatal shooting of pro-Trump rioter Ashli Babbitt in the Capitol

Does it seem like these folks don't know that they're not supposed to be there?

Read what I said with more care before replying. thanks.

I edited to add that we don't usually publish the names of people whose job is to use deadly force to protect lawmakers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eight Foot Manchild

His Supreme Holy Correctfulness
Sep 9, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
✟147,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If she had just obeyed the law and followed orders, she'd still be alive. Her autopsy found weed and caffeine in her system, and in addition to rioting, I heard she had seven dollars in overdue Blockbuster fees. I will not shed tears over a criminal who died of a drug overdose.

Plus, she got to see the Capitol and meet Ronald Reagan all in the same day. That's a better way to go than most people will ever get.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
On what planet do you reside where you think pushing past multiple police barricades inside the capitol building next to yelling armed officers isn't going to get you shot?
All summer long, in more than 30 cities, rioters did all the violence they wanted, to both bystanders, policemen, and of course also to property...and were NOT shot by the law enforcement authorities. Last I knew, all of those cities were on this very planet we both occupy.

that we don't usually publish the names of people whose job is to use deadly force to protect lawmakers.
Is that why the policeman who allegedly killed George Floyd (and many other examples could be used instead) has his picture and name plastered all over the media as we are writing this?

• Agree
Reactions: Rachel20
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Discuss.....
Criminal thug who should have followed orders and she’d probably still be here today.

Or that’s what the usual byline would be if she were black and had met the same fate.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
All summer long, in more than 30 cities, rioters did all the violence they wanted, to both bystanders, policemen, and of course also to property...and were NOT shot by the law enforcement authorities. Last I knew, all of those cities were on this very planet we both occupy.

You can compare basic rioting to pushing into a barricaded hallway where lawmakers are at the other side all you like, in one case you have to have some sense that the people there with guns are going to start shooting before you can actually get to them.

I would be willing to bet that if rioters over the summer made it a habit to threaten lawmakers in session and not back down but actually try to break in they would have been shot there too.

Is that why the policeman who allegedly killed George Floyd (and many other examples could be used instead) has his picture and name plastered all over the media as we are writing this?

Who was the policeman protecting when he put a boot on an unconscious guys neck exactly?

The one thing you are comparing is a guy who is totally defenseless and no threat to anyone, in the other you have what happened to stop a mob intent on breeching into the capitol to actually get at our lawmakers.

I want the folks whose job it is to shoot people in that situation to NOT have their face plastered all over the media so they don't think twice about doing their jobs.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I would be willing to bet that if rioters over the summer made it a habit to threaten lawmakers in session and not back down but actually try to break in they would have been shot there too.
Rioters repeatedly attacked and severely damaged a federal office building, potentially endangering employees. In other words, your attempt to find some little point of difference isn't working.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Rioters repeatedly attacked and severely damaged a federal office building, potentially endangering employees. In other words, your attempt to find some little point of difference isn't working.

I wouldn't have any problem with rioters being shot in situations where they broke inside federal buildings and threatened the employees within.

I am surprised that you DO seem to have a problem with this idea.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Discuss.....
What gaslighting is this? She was breaking through a barricade with armed officers on the other side. If that officer didn't shoot her the next one would have. Or the secret service agents behind them.

She just happened to be the first one through the barricade.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
What's going on with the investigation?

No charges recommended for officer who shot Ashli Babbitt during Capitol riot, source says

Investigators have determined the Capitol Police officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt during the U.S. Capitol riot should not be charged with any crimes, a law enforcement source familiar with the investigation told NBC News.

The Wall Street Journal first reported that police investigators have recommended the officer not be charged, although the U.S. Attorney's Office will make the final decision on the matter.

The officer, who has not been identified by Capitol Police or investigators, "used clear appropriate use of force. It's not even a close call," said the officer's lawyer, Mark E. Schamel.

Upvote 0