Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
who knows the recipe for a round cookie you roll in powder sugar and it has walnuts in it?

Is this the recipe you're looking for?

Russian Tea Cakes (also called Wedding cookies or Snowballs)

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended. Mix in the chopped walnuts. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. When cool, roll in remaining confectioners' sugar. I also like to roll mine in the confectioner's sugar a second time.

Upvote 0

mizangelwolf

~ Queen Ainirácamë of Laminin ~
Aug 4, 2007
South East US
Visit site
✟39,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Of all the chocolate chip recipes I've tried, this one is the best. The trick is before putting the dough on the cookie sheet, drop it in a little flour - seriously. Put it on the tray with the flour still showing. It absorbs into the cookie and it doesn't make it hard - but actually makes it perfect. When I heard this tip I thought the person was nuts - but it actually works out wonderfully.

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2/3 cup butter flavored shortening
  • 2/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips. Use a measuring tablespoon to round dough into balls. Don't roll the balls, just make them rounded. Drop in a little flour (use a bowl). Place onto ungreased baking sheets.
  2. Bake 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until centers are set and very lightly browned. Don't overbake. Cool 2 to 3 minutes before removing from baking sheets.
That sounds like a good idea, mine are always a bit too flat.
Island_Angel_trans.jpg

Upvote 0

mizangelwolf

~ Queen Ainirácamë of Laminin ~
Aug 4, 2007
South East US
Visit site
✟39,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I wish I had seen this thread before Christmas!!! I am going to come back and cut and past ALL the recipes so I can save them! What a doll you are for taking the time to post them all :hug: THANKS!

Island_Angel_trans.jpg

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I try to revive it yearly. Its amazing how many requests I get for it, plus it makes it easy form me to keep track of the recipes for myself.

BTW whoever gave me the tip about adding an extra egg to the Kiss Cookie recipe was a genuis! My cookies came out fabulously soft. I am thrilled beyond belief and am passing that tip along to everybody I talk to.

Upvote 0

Zandy

a party girl member
Jun 14, 2006
Oregon State
✟10,576.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this the recipe you're looking for?

Russian Tea Cakes (also called Wedding cookies or Snowballs)

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup butter
  • 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended. Mix in the chopped walnuts. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. When cool, roll in remaining confectioners' sugar. I also like to roll mine in the confectioner's sugar a second time.
that is them! ty

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I've mentioned previously, we like to try a few new recipes each year to keep things interesting. So I'll add some of the one's we're going to try this year.

Here's a recipe my mother-in-law likes to make. Its pretty easy.

Cathedral Windows

Ingredients:

¼ lb - Margarine
12 oz - Chocolate Chips
1 cup - Chopped Walnuts
12 oz - Colored Mini Marshmallows
7 oz - Grated Coconut

Directions:

Heat margarine and chocolate chips in the top pan of a double boiler over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.

Put marshmallows and nuts in a large bowl. Stir in chocolate.

Tear five 9-inch sheets of waxed paper and sprinkle each generously with coconut. Divide dough into fifths and place each fifth on a sheet of waxed paper. Roll tightly into 2-inch diameter logs and refrigerate overnight.

Before serving, unwrap from waxed paper and cut into 1/2" slices. Makes about 60 pieces.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chocolate Nuggets

Ingredients:

Cookies
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour

Buttercream Frosting
3 tablespoons butter, softened
2 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons milk, plus more if needed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Colored sprinkles

Directions:

Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter in a large bowl, gradually adding the sugar. Add the egg, salt, chocolate, milk, and vanilla, mixing well after each addition.

With a wooden spoon, stir in the flour until it is evenly blended. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the dough for about 30 minutes.

Heat the oven to 375°. Form the dough into 1-inch balls and set them on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake on the center oven rack until set, about 10 minutes. Makes 4 dozen cookies.

For the buttercream frosting: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter in a medium bowl, gradually adding 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar. Add the milk, vanilla, and remaining confectioners' sugar, mixing well after each addition. If needed, add more milk, one teaspoon at a time, to reach the desired consistency.

Holding each cookie around its edges, dip it facedown into the frosting, lifting it up with a twisting motion to allow any excess frosting to drip back into the bowl. Immediately decorate the cookie with sprinkles before the frosting sets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These cookies are a pain to make, but are so delicious, they are worth the extra effort! I make these throughout the year to take to the kids school functions and they're always a big hit! They're now a MUST for our Christmas cookie trays.

Magic Peanut Butter Middles

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter

Directions:

In small bowl blend flour, cocoa and baking soda. Mix until well blended.

In large bowl beat sugar, butter or margarine and 1/4 cup peanut butter, until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, beat. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Set aside.

To make Filling: Combine confectioner's sugar and 3/4 cup peanut butter. Blend well.

Roll filling into 30 - 1 inch balls. For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 Tablespoon of dough around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. (it helps to make a large round flattened cookie to wrap around the filling) Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with glass dipped in sugar.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 7-9 minutes. When cookies are done, they should be set and slightly cracked.

Upvote 0

nikkipompom

Call me Noodles...
Jan 28, 2009
@ my untidy desk in MN
✟11,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Easy Pudding Cookies

cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
2 eggs
2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 pkg. (6 oz.) BAKER'S Premium White Baking Chocolate, chopped

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add dry pudding mix; beat until well blended. Add eggs; mix well. Gradually add flour and baking soda, beating until well blended after each addition. Stir in white chocolate.
DROP tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from baking sheets. Cool completely on wire racks.

yummy!!!!!!:p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband loves Lemon bars - here's a good recipe, the key is to use a square pan (9x9) not any bigger.

LEMON BARS

ingredients:
1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, 1/3 cup of confectioners' sugar, and butter until butter is in very small crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 9x9 inch square pan.

Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and lightly browned. While the crust is baking, whisk together the eggs, 2/3 cup of confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Just before the crust is done, stir in the baking powder. Pour over the crust while it is hot, and return to the oven.

Bake for another 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until set. Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar when cool.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't even begin to tell you how fabulous these are! They are ridiculous!!!

Chocolate Truffle Cookies with Sea Salt

• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Baking Chips, for melting into the cookie dough
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Baking Chips, for mixing into the prepared cookie dough
  • 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt, or as needed

1. In a heatproof bowl over a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Turn off the stove and let chocolate sit over warm water.
  2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine. In another bowl, mix together sugar and eggs, combine thoroughly with a whisk and slowly add the warm chocolate mixture. Stir to combine. Add vanilla extract and mix. Stir in flour mixture. Cool for a few minutes (if batter is warm, chocolate chips will melt). Stir in chocolate chips. Chill for 10-15 minutes.
  3. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop rounded tablespoons of batter and place on baking tray. Sprinkle each cookie lightly with a pinch of sea salt. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 7-8 minutes until the outside looks slightly cracked. Be very careful not to over bake cookies because they will continue to bake as they cool once removed from the oven. Cookies should be soft and gooey in the center.

Last edited:
Upvote 0