As of yesterday I'm a catechumen :)

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
So happy to finally be entering a more serious commitment to the church and learning more and more about the liturgy, prayer life and theology of the Holy Russian Chruch.
I've wiggled quite a bit lately regarding this schism thing which arose in the middle of everything and all.

I landed on continue on in my parish (well the parish I've been kind of in love with on and off for five years already) which is Russian.
I pray everything works out and in able to choose Orthodoxy out of love and reverence.

Pray for me brothers and sisters.

God bless ya'll !

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So happy to finally be entering a more serious commitment to the church and learning more and more about the liturgy, prayer life and theology of the Holy Russian Chruch.
I've wiggled quite a bit lately regarding this schism thing which arose in the middle of everything and all.

I landed on continue on in my parish (well the parish I've been kind of in love with on and off for five years already) which is Russian.
I pray everything works out and in able to choose Orthodoxy out of love and reverence.

God bless ya'll !

Glory to God! I'm glad to hear it.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

God bless ya'll !
Glory to God! So happy to hear this :)

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all, you're to kind :)
I'm happy to have come to this phase and I'm looking so much forward to embracing Orthodoxy in the time to come. Its truly beautiful.
Liturgically its growing on me and theologically it's been growing on me for many years.

Lol, Anhelyna knows me and have talked with me and helped me spiritually at my low points. When I get christmated its because of the Holy Spirit and my sister Anhelyna no doubt.

God bless TAW and holy Orthodoxy. Amen.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was going to pray for you, OP, but you didn't include me among your favorite TAW people list. I'm not eligible...:eek::p

In all seriousness, CONGRATULATIONS AND GLORY TO GOD!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I was going to pray for you, OP, but you didn't include me among your favorite TAW people list. I'm not eligible...:eek::p

In all seriousness, CONGRATULATIONS AND GLORY TO GOD!

You're definitely up there ;) Im starting to believe this is going to haunt me for years to come :eek:

Well I'm off to buy various foul-smelling foods to wear, I dont want to have the nuns all over me you know :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've committed my last name change in a long time. I'm so sorry for messing with your heads everyone.

This is the third time I've changed this year :oops:
I'm slow and have a bad memory -- what was your old name on here haha?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You do know about our Freemasonry style rules, right? You will learn the Orthodox handshake, Orthodox secret word (usually has the word "Seraphim" or "Illumined" somewhere in it), the Orthodox secret meeting sites, the Eastern snack of the week, and the waiver form in which you promise that if you ever leave us we can hunt you down like Mossad and make you disappear.....It's all in the manual. Welcome! ^_^

You're definitely up there ;) Im starting to believe this is going to haunt me for years to come :eek:

Well I'm off to buy various foul-smelling foods to wear, I dont want to have the nuns all over me you know :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
HA - which of his names do you mean :D :p

Let me see so far it has been....hmm : MarianCatholic, Stabat Mater , Anthony the Great , Knocking on heavens door and now Seraphim.
I have this feeling I've forgotten some :scratch:

I kind of like Anthony the great still so watch out , HA HA ^_^

Upvote 0