As most US "allies" abstain, UN votes to reject Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as capital

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Tells me that Donald officially undermined the US effort to mediate the Israel/Palestine conflict, and gained nothing from it for the country.

If saying something that is already known and can even be googled if you don't believe it, then perhaps the "undermining" you speak of has nothing to do with the actual announcement, or the person who made it.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You shouldn’t really call out Trump as a facist- he’s really not.
That is right.
He isn't.
But the UN is full of people who are at the beck and call of Islamofascists, and are too cowardly to stand up for the rights of the only Jewish state in the world to self-determination.
Irony of ironies, it is they who want to make Trump out to be like the fascist leaders of Europe, mid-twentieth century.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The same thing it says about the people touting this as some incredible victory for Trump.

I suppose stating a fact is a bit of an accomplishment for him.

One that has some people throwing a tantrum over it. Must be something pretty important if they're doing that, huh?
Want to see some people get mad? Watch this. Washington DC is the capital of the United States of America! Now watch certain people get mad that I said that. After all, I just "undermined" some sort of peace process.

• Haha
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If saying something that is already known and can even be googled if you don't believe it, then perhaps the "undermining" you speak of has nothing to do with the actual announcement, or the person who made it.

Did it help the US? Did it put "America First"?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,388,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The world thinks America belongs to all of them, and they all have a say in how America runs. I don't agree, and I don't treat other nations this way or believe this way about them.

...and you make this observation on behalf of "the world" based on what exactly?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,524.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
That is right.
He isn't.
But the UN is full of people who are at the beck and call of Islamofascists, and are too cowardly to stand up for the rights of the only Jewish state in the world to self-determination.
Irony of ironies, it is they who want to make Trump out to be like the fascist leaders of Europe, mid-twentieth century.
He’s not a facist but he is a person with a very poor grasp on geopolitics.

Who exactly is at the beck and call of islamofascist?

Specifically, which MEPs?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did it help the US?

It may have. Recognizing the capital of our strongest ally in the middle east when their enemies won't may be a way of showing solidarity with them.

Did it put "America First"?

Did it have to? Is America that selfish? Do we still have to be on the apology tour of the previous administration?

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
He’s not a facist but he is a person with a very poor grasp on geopolitics.

Who exactly is at the beck and call of islamofascist?

Specifically, which MEPs?
I am not sure what a MEP is, but those who voted for this anti-Semitic resolution, and those who are here supporting it as good geopolitical policy are in effect no different than the fascist policies that they are supporting with this.

I have no idea how good Trumps grasp on geopolitics are, but I do know that the ISIS state has been ground out of existence due to Trump allowing the generals to fight the war the way they see fit. The rise of ISIS happened on Obama's watch, and the demise of ISIS happened on Trump's watch, in pretty short order too actually.
Who is the bigger incompetent on that?
Well, I guess that would depend on how one views ISIS.

And it was not Trump who provided the Islamofacsists in Iran who advocate the destruction of the Jewish state of Iran the Bomb. That would have been Obama too.

What genius geopolitical interest does it serve for America to appear afraid to stand up to the Islamofascists who believe they have the right to dictate the policy of Israel's internal affairs?

It seems to me that the nicer and milder and weaker that Obama made America appear, the more that the ME was turned into a fireball of sex slavery and Christian genocide and war and refugees. Maybe you do have the better grasp on geopolitics though. I am just not seeing it.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Meanwhile somewhere back in good old Europe,
someone drops a bomb,
check out from 3:08,

:)
She is pretty optimistic that she will invited back.
Or maybe she isn't, since she is thinking about having the next party herself.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Presumably the next time a handful of Israelis commenting online don’t adequately stroke the egos of the feeblest of the American citizenry (including their POTUS), they’ll take the Jerusalem embassy back?

Who is doing this presuming, other than the obvious?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure what a MEP is, but those who voted for this anti-Semitic resolution, and those who are here supporting it as good geopolitical policy are in effect no different than the fascist policies that they are supporting with this.

I have no idea how good Trumps grasp on geopolitics are, but I do know that the ISIS state has been ground out of existence due to Trump allowing the generals to fight the war the way they see fit. The rise of ISIS happened on Obama's watch, and the demise of ISIS happened on Trump's watch, in pretty short order too actually.
Who is the bigger incompetent on that?
Well, I guess that would depend on how one views ISIS.

And it was not Trump who provided the Islamofacsists in Iran who advocate the destruction of the Jewish state of Iran the Bomb. That would have been Obama too.

What genius geopolitical interest does it serve for America to appear afraid to stand up to the Islamofascists who believe they have the right to dictate the policy of Israel's internal affairs?

It seems to me that the nicer and milder and weaker that Obama made America appear, the more that the ME was turned into a fireball of sex slavery and Christian genocide and war and refugees. Maybe you do have the better grasp on geopolitics though. I am just not seeing it.

What did our military do that pushed ISIS back? I'd be curious if you could name what we've done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, if anything it’s Russia that should be taking more of the credit?

From what I read, what we've hoped would happen for a long time happened: Native forces in the region good their act together and pushed ISIS out.

Trump, of course, gets credit for this because LOOK OVER THERE A DINOSAUR!!!

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
From what I read, what we've hoped would happen for a long time happened: Native forces in the region good their act together and pushed ISIS out.

Trump, of course, gets credit for this because LOOK OVER THERE A DINOSAUR!!!

OH LOOK A PUPPY

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
What did our military do that pushed ISIS back? I'd be curious if you could name what we've done.
Provided the cover for the Kurds and the Iraqi army to do the mop up.

ISIS has been militarily defeated in Iraq and Syria

It is very important that Muslims are involved in defeating Islamists. It is their fight. What Trump did that was important was stop the micromanaging and allow the generals to do their job of war. That is what they know, so he doesn't need to know.
Trump Is Letting His Generals Figure Out How To Defeat ISIS

Russians were there to support Assad, and they were content enough to let ISIS remain.

Upvote 0