As most US "allies" abstain, UN votes to reject Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as capital

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I guess you just did admit it, which I accept. I admit no such thing, since I only made the claim hypothetically, and feel that Brits can do whatever they want with Britain in the first place. I don't think it will be overtaken by Islam in 10 years, but if it were, it's none of my concern. It only concerns me as it relates to my nation.
Oh, okay. I thought you thought that the EU was on the verge of falling into an Islamic theocratic hell hole.

My mistake.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You wouldn't care if Islam took over one of our top allies?

It's not that I don't care per se, it's that it's chiefly not my concern. British citizens have say over their own nation, of course. If they don't care or actively encourage the nation to become an Islamic theocracy, the allies should only respond accordingly.

The world thinks America belongs to all of them, and they all have a say in how America runs. I don't agree, and I don't treat other nations this way or believe this way about them.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, okay. I thought you thought that the EU was on the verge of falling into an Islamic theocratic hell hole.

My mistake.

I think all Leftists kowtow entirely too much to Islam, but this is not particular to the UK. But again, that's none of my concern.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's not that I don't care per se, it's that it's chiefly not my concern. British citizens have say over their own nation, of course. If they don't care or actively encourage the nation to become an Islamic theocracy, the allies should only respond accordingly.

The world thinks America belongs to all of them, and they all have a say in how America runs. I don't agree, and I don't treat other nations this way or believe this way about them.

Could you give examples, of how other nations pressure the US about how it is run?

If you look at history, I believe it has actually been the US, that has tried to influence other countries and how they run. Maybe not so much in the last decade or two though.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I think all Leftists kowtow entirely too much to Islam, but this is not particular to the UK. But again, that's none of my concern.
What form does this kowtowing take?

I live in the UK and have never felt religion of any stripe impact on my life.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Could you give examples, of how other nations pressure the US about how it is run?

If you look at history, I believe it has actually been the US, that has tried to influence other countries and how they run. Maybe not so much in the last decade or two though.

It is the world's citizens who seem to think America belongs to all of them. No one has the "live and let live" philosophy about America, it would seem. This even after WW 1 and 2, if you can imagine that.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is the world's citizens who seem to think America belongs to all of them. No one has the "live and let live" philosophy about America, it would seem. This even after WW 1 and 2, if you can imagine that.

That is a bit vague. Can you explain in more detail?

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That is a bit vague. Can you explain in more detail?

Well as just one example. I can hear Western Europe hyperventilating about Trump from here. I don't concern myself with foreign leaders unless and until it's clear they've lost their heads pretty significantly. Citizens of foreign nations can elect whomever they choose. It's not my concern. But in Western Europe, we need vast contents of smelling salts just to keep people on their feet.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well as just one example. I can hear Western Europe hyperventilating about Trump from here. I don't concern myself with foreign leaders unless and until it's clear they've lost their heads pretty significantly.

Then Western Europe has good reason to hyperventilate.

Citizens of foreign nations can elect whomever they choose. It's not my concern. But in Western Europe, we need vast contents of smelling salts just to keep people on their feet.

This concerns you for some reason?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Well as just one example. I can hear Western Europe hyperventilating about Trump from here. I don't concern myself with foreign leaders unless and until it's clear they've lost their heads pretty significantly. Citizens of foreign nations can elect whomever they choose. It's not my concern. But in Western Europe, we need vast contents of smelling salts just to keep people on their feet.

Haha, you must have extreme good hearing.

On ground level, that will say among us peasants, politics and religion are not discussed, unwritten rule.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Then Western Europe has good reason to hyperventilate.

This concerns you for some reason?

Some advice for you: think a little deeper before you hope to turn someone's point on them. It's not working out very well.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Some advice for you: think a little deeper before you hope to turn someone's point on them. It's not working out very well.

What am I turning? You said: "I don't concern myself with foreign leaders unless and until it's clear they've lost their heads pretty significantly."

If a foreign leader was an ex-game show host with a Messiah/persecution complex and a quasi-cult following, I'd be pretty concerned.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
  • Optimistic
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Then he didn't actually "do" anything but announce something that was already known.

Congratulations, Mr President.

That's exactly right. He announced something that was already known, and a bunch of people that don't like what was already known started throwing a fit. What does that tell you about them?

Reactions: Liza B.
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's exactly right. He announced something that was already known, and a bunch of people that don't like what was already known started throwing a fit. What does that tell you about them?
The same thing it says about the people touting this as some incredible victory for Trump.

I suppose stating a fact is a bit of an accomplishment for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Gadarene
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Then he didn't actually "do" anything but announce something that was already known.

Congratulations, Mr President.

0031414_participant-medal.jpeg

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Tells me that Donald officially undermined the US effort to mediate the Israel/Palestine conflict, and gained nothing from it for the country.

Upvote 0