As man is...God once was. As God is, man may become.

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"And the LORD God said•, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know• good and evil:
Genesis 3;22 "

*sigh* became like God knowing good and evil, not like becomeing God.

As for the other verse, its made pretty clear Jesus is chastising them for their words, not saying they were right in their assurtion.

"BUT even more interesting who is US, in this scripture. "
Trinity.

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Originally posted by Aeon
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
Psalms 82:6

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
john 10;34

Here is a little tantalizer hehe. The bible hints otherwise.

how about ye are Gods as in Gods chosen, Gods children. as in belonging to.

kind of like looking at a group of children and knowing their Mothers name is Sarah and saying, They are Sarahs. Because they all belong to her, since she gave birth to them.

Just as with Christians you can say, They are Gods. as in they all belong to God.

Upvote 0

Aeon

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟15,182.00
Wow graft good point. But I don't think that is what is written. gods and god's is a very small but very different meaning.
louis--when jesus chastises he teaches doctrine not falsities. He made the Jews understand that as well as he was a son of God so are they. The same glory that he inherited so will they, if faithful.

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the cchildren of God:

And if children, then heirs; heirs• of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
Romans 8:16-17

Upvote 0

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
The phrase "little gods" or "gods" in Psalms 82:6 is interpreted by many to mean rulers. This is based upon the fact that the same Hebrew word found in Psalms 82:6 is the same word found in Psalms 82:1, but in Psalms 82:1 the word is translated as "rulers." Thus God refers to them as "little gods" in that they carry out sovereignty and judgment over the peoples through the government and leadership system.

In the case of John 10:34 Jesus refers to Psalms 82:6 as the "Law". The term "law" was sometimes applied to the entire Old Testament. Christ's point was that if the OT uses the word "god" (elohim) of men who were representative of God, then the Jews should not oppose Him calling Himself the Son of God.

Jesaiah

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aeon

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟15,182.00
gal 2:20 is dope scripture.(ie good stuff)

What translation of the Bible are you using Jes? Intresting interpretation, I just have one more scripture to leave cause I gotta go till next monday.

Beloved, now are we the sons• of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear•, we shall be like• him; for we shall see• him as he is.
1 john 3:2

until monday

Upvote 0

Aeon

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟15,182.00
oops actually another scripture. Clears up alot of confusion about the "oneness" off the trinity. That we become glorified with Christ we will still be diferent persons. Like God the Father and Christ are different persons but one in purpose, glory, dominion etc.

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe• on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one•; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one• in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one•, even as we are one•:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
john 17:20-23

Upvote 0

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I looked up the veres in my NASB, but I referred to an interlinear bible (which includes the Hebrew text and the Textus Receptus) to see what the Hebrew rendered. I then looked up the Hebrew word in a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and a Hebrew and English lexicon, as well I read a few commentaries concerning this passage of scripture. :cool:

To your reference to 1st John 3:2 we (believers of Christ) will be like Him both physical changes of the resurrection body and spiritual changes of purity (verse 3), no sin (verse 5), and righteousness (verse 7).

See ya next Monday!!! :wave:

Jesaiah

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aeon,

Gen 4:22 I believe is speaking of the host of angels. Take a look at I Kings 22:22,23 here God is asking one of the angels who will go for us..... and one of the angels steps ups and states I will go and I will put a lying spirit in such and such a person (my words there)

So the "US" in Gen 4:22 is not a plural GOD there is but one God. Deut 6:4 Hear O Israel the Lord our God is One (not two...not three)

Upvote 0

Aeon

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟15,182.00
Its just really interesting. I think if we are really literally children of God that there is a really great purpose in our existence. Scripture aplication can only go so far, till a person applies thier own faith and desires inside. I think that like Jes said we will become like christ. I don't think Christ left his body behind either, and when he comes, we will see him as he is, cause he still has a body.
And to become a god, well I don't want to either haha. But---I believe it all together possible. Yes, vow, I am Mormon. I was just curious as if the idea or theology existed in other peoples minds, and what their interpretations were with those scriptures I posted. I believe that God has other worlds too. That his creations go on forever, but our progression is personal, but is very powerful and important.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"So the "US" in Gen 4:22 is not a plural GOD there is but one God. Deut 6:4 Hear O Israel the Lord our God is One (not two...not three)"

so you now think that angels can create? so what else can they do. The verse clearly says let US create....

Upvote 0