✟1,402,615.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes I am ready to die.
I still I don't understand your objections. I do understand that fear mongering disrupts the peace of God in believers. but there had been no deliberate intention of creating fear. Apparently you are very sensitive to the topic.
It is a sensitive topic brother. But,it is one that it it is good to discuss.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I am ready to die.
I still I don't understand your objections. I do understand that fear mongering disrupts the peace of God in believers. but there had been no deliberate intention of creating fear. Apparently you are very sensitive to the topic.

It's truly more of a curiosity than a sensitivity.. I simply can't fathom how the fantastical idea of the mere potential of some future super-villan-boogyman doing crazy things in some as yet unerected stone temple, to be built possibly some 10-50+ years away could be the inpetus for anyone here today to "be ready every day", which, as you said, was your entiore reason for creating this thread.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand "everlasting gospel" to mean that for all who accept the good news that the benefit of salvation is everlasting.
Really?
What is the purpose of the everlastng Gospel?
scripture tells us:
Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people—

Its purpose is to be preached to sinners on earth and call them to salvation.

Any cessation in it perfroming it's sole purpose is unscriptural.

Bull to you. Nowhere have I used the 1,000 years like a day statement, nor the others that have been friendly in discussion. You are full of it.

Do I have to Quote Keras here or can you simply scroll up?

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But, were they wrong to expect this?
I would say yes.

From that time Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised. And Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying, “Far be it from you, Lord! This shall never happen to you.” But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”
Matthew 16:21-23 - Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 16:21-23 - English Standard Version

It’s interesting to note that the apostles, in the epistles, don’t teach of an earthly kingdom to come, but of a heavenly kingdom

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,615.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It’s interesting to note that the apostles, in the epistles, don’t teach of an earthly kingdom to come, but of a heavenly kingdom
But Lord Jesus taught Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Lord Jesus taught Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Correct. And some of the disciples would live to see the coming of the kingdom of God:

And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power.”
Mark 9:1

We have to remember the kingdom of God is in the world, but not of it.

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”
John 18:36 - Bible Gateway passage: John 18:36 - English Standard Version

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,615.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Correct. And some of the disciples would live to see the coming of the kingdom of God:

And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power.”

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”
The Kingdom of Heaven on display for the world to see in Acts 2. The Kingdom of Heaven comes fully to Earth at the second coming of Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Kingdom of Heaven comes fully to Earth at the second coming of Lord Jesus Christ.

Sure, but this means the 2nd coming happened during the generation of the disciples. As Christ clearly says SOME of the disciples would NOT die until AFTER the kingdom has come with power.

Mark 9:1 - Bible Gateway passage: Mark 9:1 - English Standard Version

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You fail to take cognizance of the two prophesies that tell us that 1000 earth years is it same to God as 1 day. Psalms 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8

And you fail to take cognisance of the fact that those two prophesies ALSO tell us that 1000 earth years is the same to God as 3-6 Hours (a watch in the Night) so 4000-8000 years ALSO = 1 day to God, AND 1 Earth Day to God is the same as 1000 years in His sight.... ALL are true, for God is TIMELESS, which is the entire teaching point of those two passages.

• Agree
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This may help you understand better ,
In time Jesus will come to rule over the Kingdom
breaking the bondage to sin is now the kingdom in the midst
What did Jesus mean when He said, “The kingdom of God is within you” (Luke 17:21, KJV)?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,161.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So Jesus being the first fruits of the resurrection entering glory and sitting at the right of the father with all authority over heaven and earth was not his reward?

His reward, according to you, does not come for 2000 years later until he comes back to earth to sit on an earthly throne for 1000 years?
Correct, that is how scripture states it will happen.
Jesus has the Promise and the authority to reign over the earth, but has not taken it up and currently Satan rules the earth. Matthew 4:8-9, 1 Peter 5:8

You are out of touch with reality if you believe Jesus is King of the world now.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This may help you understand better ,
In time Jesus will come to rule over the Kingdom

Thank you, but I already believe jesus is ruler over the kings of the earth, sitting on the throne in heaven with all authority power and dominion.

breaking the bondage to sin is now the kingdom in the midst

I agree, that’s part of it

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are out of touch with reality if you believe Jesus is King of the world now.

And here is why I take everything keras says with a grain of salt.

But the Jews were jealous, and taking some wicked men of the rabble, they formed a mob, set the city in an uproar, and attacked the house of Jason, seeking to bring them out to the crowd. And when they could not find them, they dragged Jason and some of the brothers before the city authorities, shouting, “These men who have turned the world upside down have come here also, and Jason has received them, and they are all acting against the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus.”
Acts 17:5-7 - Bible Gateway passage: Acts 17:5-7 - English Standard Version

Who in this story was out of touch with reality? Jason, who believed was his current king, or unbelieving Jews?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,161.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
And you fail to take cognisance of the fact that those two prophesies ALSO tell us that 1000 earth years is the same to God as 3-6 Hours (a watch in the Night) so 4000-8000 years ALSO = 1 day to God, AND 1 Earth Day to God is the same as 1000 years in His sight.... ALL are true, for God is TIMELESS, which is the entire teaching point of those two passages.
No the Psalmist and Peter did not mean their prophecy like that. The formula as given stands, proved by the 7 'days' of Creation and the 6 exact 1000 year periods that have passed since Adam.
Actually we are right now at 5988 years since Adam. This truth seems to be unacceptable to you, why? Is the thought of an imminent dramatic change to your lifestyle something you can't handle?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,615.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sure, but this means the 2nd coming happened during the generation of the disciples. As Christ clearly says SOME of the disciples would NOT die until AFTER the kingdom has come with power.

Mark 9:1 - Bible Gateway passage: Mark 9:1 - English Standard Version

Whoa! Now you are into deep error. Three disciples did see the Kingdom come in power at the transfiguration. But 120 saw the kingdom come in power at Pentecost. Jesus will one day set foot on Earth to rule and to usher in the fullness of His Heavenly Kingdom on Earth. You should understand it like you understand colonization . America was under the rule of Great Britain before the revolutionary war.Everywhere we as Christians go in this world, we bring a little bit of Heaven, for Lord Jesus said the Kingdom of Heaven is within us.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,161.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Who in this story was out of touch with reality? Jason, who believed was his current king, or unbelieving Jews?
Tell us what would have happened to anyone who acted against the decrees of Caesar at that time?
I showed you the scriptural proofs of who rules the world then and now.
Only when Jesus physically Returns, will He chain up Satan an commence His Millennium reign.
THAT is reality!

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus will one day set foot on Earth to rule and to usher in the fullness of His Heavenly Kingdom on Earth. You should understand it like you understand colonization . America was under the rule of Great Britain before the revolutionary war.Everywhere we as Christians go in this world, we bring a little bit of Heaven, for Lord Jesus said the Kingdom of Heaven is within us.

Here is how I understand it. When Christ ascended he sat down at the right hand and received a kingdom, power, glory, and dominion. As he sits on the throne and owns the heavens and the earth, his kingdom expands from the heavens to the earth. All of it is his.

I agree it starts small, as you say:

The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed.

The gospel started out just in Jerusalem and now it is preached throughout the whole world.

• Informative
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No the Psalmist and Peter did not mean their prophecy like that.

Tell us then what you believe the psalmist meant by "1000 years are as a watch in the night". How long is that exactly? what is the Formula you believe we should use for figuring out the length of a "watch in the night"?
Or, Perhaps you believe that part of the passage should be excised from our Bibles for it has no discernable meaning to us at all?
Do tell!

Is the thought of an imminent dramatic change to your lifestyle something you can't handle?
As I said to our friend Alex, I'm ready to die right now, and most likely will die long before any potential future "super villan Global boogyman" could get his hands on me, so worrying about some possible, fantastical "change" in my life style that may or may not come in the next 5-50 years carries verry little "shivering in my boots" weight with me.

It sure seems to be a heavy burden for you however... Since You've been running around this fourm crying out "the sky is falling!! any minute now!!" for a good 5 years so far, and I expect you've been doing the same elsewhere for decades before joining CF...I hope for your sake you havent been holding your breath this whole time! :sick:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.