enroute
✟1,403,914.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is often quoted by Jesus in the NT for his resurrection. Which it is appears you agree.

But then you say he will return on the 3rd day (2nd coming). No scripture is of private interpretation, so Is there a NT reference to this that I don’t know about?
LOL!^_^ You sound like the Sanhedrin demanding a sign from Lord Jesus. The prophecy I posted should be enough. No I do not have a NT reference other than Lord Jesus telling His disciples that He would die and be resurrected the third day as I referred to in the earlier post.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Friends, we do have a future and according to the Prophetic Word, it will be amazing and the fulfilment of the destiny of the Christian Church.

What scripture are you using to determine that as the starting point?
According to the Writer of Hebrews, the last days were well underway BEFORE that, and began during the Incarnational, earthly ministry of Lord Jesus. (Hebrews 1:1-2)
You fail to take cognizance of the two prophesies that tell us that 1000 earth years is it same to God as 1 day. Psalms 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8
Therefore; to God four days from Adam to Jesus and only two days have passed since Jesus was on earth - the Last Days! Simple really!
I prove that truth by the fact those Days were all exactly 1000 years.
This is often quoted by Jesus in the NT for his resurrection. Which it is appears you agree.
But then you say he will return on the 3rd day (2nd coming). No scripture is of private interpretation, so Is there a NT reference to this that I don’t know about?
Luke 13:32-33 Go and tell that fox; Today and tomorrow I will work and on the third day, I shall receive My reward. However, I must go My way today and tomorrow and the next day.....to die in Jerusalem.
There are two prophesies here:
Verse 32 is the long term one, meaning for two thousand years Jesus will work, firstly physically, then spiritually among us. Matthew 28:20 Then He will gain His reward of reigning as King over the earth for the last thousand years.

Verse 33 was the present situation, that led to the Cross.
Revelation 20 states the prophecy of Jesus' thousand year reign 6 times and it is alluded to elsewhere. The 2000 year gap between His two Advents, is a historical reality; we are now at the 1988th year! Expect dramatic things mighty soon!

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL!^_^ You sound like the Sanhedrin demanding a sign from Lord Jesus.

I didn’t ask you for a miracle.

I did ask, however, if you could support your argument (he will return on the 3rd day) with scripture defining this for us. To which you replied you don’t have any scripture references besides the resurrection, which doesn’t have to do with his 2nd coming.

This is like me saying the beast of revelation is Kermit the frog. You ask me for scripture to support my argument. I LOL and say this is like the Pharisees demanding a sign from Jesus.

Now Kermit the frog may or may not be the beast in this scenario, but I better be able to back it up if i make this statement on a public forum.

Lord Jesus telling His disciples that He would die and be resurrected the third day as I referred to in the earlier post.

We agree that these OT prophecies (rise on 3rd day) were about the death and resurrection of Jesus, because Jesus explains it.

But to then say it’s also about the 2nd coming is innapropriate, as there are no NT references to back it up.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then He will gain His reward of reigning as King over the earth for the last thousand years.

So Jesus being the first fruits of the resurrection entering glory and sitting at the right of the father with all authority over heaven and earth was not his reward?

His reward, according to you, does not come for 2000 years later until he comes back to earth to sit on an earthly throne for 1000 years?

According to Daniel 7, when does the son of man receive his reward? Upon his ascension to the ancient of days or 2nd descension to earth?

“I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him. And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed.
Daniel 7:13-14

And according to Jesus when does he receive his kingdom? When he leaves or returns?

He said therefore, “A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return.
Luke 19:12 - Bible Gateway passage: Luke 19:12 - English Standard Version

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,914.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I didn’t ask you for a miracle.

I did ask, however, if you could support your argument (he will return on the 3rd day) with scripture defining this for us. To which you replied you don’t have any scripture references besides the resurrection, which doesn’t have to do with his 2nd coming.

This is like me saying the beast of revelation is Kermit the frog. You ask me for scripture to support my argument. I LOL and say this is like the Pharisees demanding a sign from Jesus.

Now Kermit the frog may or may not be the beast in this scenario, but I better be able to back it up if i make this statement on a public forum.

We agree that these OT prophecies (rise on 3rd day) were about the death and resurrection of Jesus, because Jesus explains it.

But to then say it’s also about the 2nd coming is innapropriate, as there are no NT references to back it up.

Actually there is reference to three frogs in Revelation.:p No mention of one named Kermit though.:rolleyes:
I gave you scripture reference in Hosea, but of course you will not accept that, for that is not your nature.You want to say that scripture is not for us, but, it is. You can take it or leave it, your choice, and I will not argue with you about that. I believe the scripture is for us and have compared it to the resurrection. Elder brother @keras has shown you scripture that a thousand years is as a day and how it has only been a little past two days since Lord Jesus left us.I can't open your spiritual eyes. The Holy Ghost has to do that.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hosea 6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

It would seem apparent that it is not two 24 hour days ,

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I gave you scripture reference in Hosea,

Which is of course a reference to the death and resurrection of Christ with which I believe we agree.

but of course you will not accept that,

Correct, I won’t accept something that isn’t stated in the Bible: Christ’s 2nd coming is the 3rd day: 3 days of Hosea prophecy days also equals 3000 years

You want to say that scripture is not for us, but, it is.

It’s totaly about Christ. And because it is about Christ death and resurrection, it is a blessing for us, his body.

You can take it or leave it, your choice,

I’ll have to leave it.

Elder brother @keras has shown you scripture that a thousand years is as a day and how it has only been a little past two days since Lord Jesus left us.I can't open your spiritual eyes. The Holy Ghost has to do that.

Keras also doesn’t believe Jesus is currently king of the heavens and earth , unless that’s changed since last time we conversed. So I take everything he says with a grain of salt, just like I would with anyone who says Christ is currently not king with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Correct, I won’t accept something that isn’t stated in the Bible: Christ’s 2nd coming is the 3rd day: 3 days of Hosea prophecy days also equals 3000 years

After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
Not after the 3rd day is over but during it , even the very first day of that 3rd day mentioned is in the third day
in - or on the 3rd day Jesus rose from the grave it was not a full 72 hours -it was a little more than 2 full days and on the 3rd day he rose ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hosea 6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

It would seem apparent that it is not two 24 hour days ,
So, according to you, this is not about Jesus, death and resurrection?

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, according to you, this is not about Jesus, death and resurrection?
It would seem that the info we get about Jesus resurrection was from Jesus
Hosea is OT prophet talking about what God has done and will do written before Jesus was born - it does not seem to imply a mention of messiah to come , I am not the authority on it , but it does not speak of Jesus

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
Not after the 3rd day is over but during it , even the very first day of that 3rd day mentioned is in the third day
in - or on the 3rd day Jesus rose from the grave it was not a full 72 hours -it was a little more than 2 full days and on the 3rd day he rose ;)

Not really clear on the point your making. Jesus rose on the 3rd and Hosea states he rose in the 3rd day

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what God has done and will do written before Jesus was born - it

As were All the OT prophecies written: well before God became flesh.

it does not seem to imply a mention of messiah to come

Isn’t that what the unbelieving Jews in the time of jesus thought?

but it does not speak of Jesus

Well we will just have to disagree.

If this is a promise made by God, then it’s yes is found in Jesus:

for as many as [are] promises of God, in him [are] the Yes, and in him the Amen, for glory to God through us;
2 Corinthians 1:20

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,914.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And the women went to the tomb in the early hours of the third day, like before daybreak.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
As were All the OT prophecies written: well before God became flesh.

Isn’t that what the unbelieving Jews in the time of jesus thought?

Seems you missed the point - OT prophecies spoke of a messiah to come but they did not accept any interpretation of messiah being killed by them and then the messiah rise from the dead , they did not know of any Jesus messiah before he came - to them the messiah could be named Joe or Tom because in the OT they did not know the name of the messiah and they did not know Jesus was messiah when he did come ,Just as Jesus said on the cross father they know not what they do
they know not that they are killing the very messiah that they have been waiting for - how then could they think the prophecy was about Jesus -for if they knew they would not have done it

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems you missed the point - OT prophecies spoke of a messiah to come but they did not accept any interpretation of messiah being killed by them and then the messiah rise from the dead , they did not know of any Jesus messiah before he came - to them the messiah could be named Joe or Tom because in the OT they did not know the name of the messiah and they did not know Jesus was messiah when he did come ,Just as Jesus said on the cross father they know not what they do
they know not that they are killing the very messiah that they have been waiting for - how then could they think the prophecy was about Jesus -for if they knew they would not have done it

Correct, they did not know the messiah would die and rise on the 3rd day. They expected an earthly messiah who would set up an earthly kingdom.

For he will be delivered over to the Gentiles and will be mocked and shamefully treated and spit upon. And after flogging him, they will kill him, and on the third day he will rise.” But they understood none of these things. This saying was hidden from them, and they did not grasp what was said.
Luke 18:32-34

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm ready to Die at any moment.
Are you?

The likelyhood that I could be hit by a bus tomorrow far outpaces the likelyhood Of Jesus returning tomorrow friend... THAT is what keeps me "READY". Not some hollywood fantasy of being sucked up to the sky after some as yet unrevealed "Super-villan boogyman" sits in an as yet unerected stone building and does a bunch of "Mixed reality - CGI magic tricks" at some as yet unrevealed point in the next 50 years or so...

I find it absurd that such a belief would cause anyone to wake up each day "ready" for that to happen...

Now, for me anyway, simply knowing that my cholesterol is high provides me all the impetus I need to wake up each day, and go to sleep each night "ready" to Meet Jesus :)

Now, while You may indeed personally require the threat of an external Boogyman to keep yourself in line and ready... I do not.
Yes I am ready to die.
I still I don't understand your objections. I do understand that fear mongering disrupts the peace of God in believers. but there had been no deliberate intention of creating fear. Apparently you are very sensitive to the topic.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,914.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Correct, they did not know the messiah would die and rise on the 3rd day. They expected an earthly messiah who would set up an earthly kingdom.
But, were they wrong to expect this?

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm excited for what the spread of the Gospel will do to Transform the World after the next 1000 years, or 10,000 years of evangelism... arent you? It is called the "Everlasting Gospel" for a reason my friend :)
I understand "everlasting gospel" to mean that for all who accept the good news that the benefit of salvation is everlasting. Do you believe in universal salvation? Is that why you are so argumentive?

The rain did not come after some stretched out, elastic, metephorical, 1000 years are like a day "God's Timing" that is being peddled in this thread...
Bull to you. Nowhere have I used the 1,000 years like a day statement, nor the others that have been friendly in discussion. You are full of it.

• Haha
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.