Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.​

Jesus is saying that his second coming is going to take the world by surprise. It occurred to me today why. We are living in the End Times right now. Of course, the End Times began 2,000 years ago with the resurrection of Christ. But because of that, the attitude of many is what Peter said.

2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.​

But that does not give a practical explanation as to why people will live life as though nothing will happen in their lifetime. Sadly, it is also what Paul said.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.​

Paul Simon said it this way:

I have squandered my resistance for a pocketful of mumbles, such are promises. All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear (The Boxer).​

It is because of this desire to not know, the main stream media has been able to feed us lies because we don't want to hear the truth (paraphrasing Jack Nicholson).

In the movie, The Matrix, Neo is offered a choice between taking the red pill that would wake him up or the blue pill that would let him continue sleeping.

We are in the end times. Putin recently declared to the world that he has nukes that can go anywhere and can not be shot down. The Deep State is frantic and will either assassinate Trump or start WWIII, if needed.

Are you willing to take the red pill, or do you want to keep sleeping?

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.​

Jesus is saying that his second coming is going to take the world by surprise. It occurred to me today why. We are living in the End Times right now. Of course, the End Times began 2,000 years ago with the resurrection of Christ. But because of that, the attitude of many is what Peter said.

2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.​

But that does not give a practical explanation as to why people will live life as though nothing will happen in their lifetime. Sadly, it is also what Paul said.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.​

I have squandered my resistance for a pocketful of mumbles, such are promises. All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear (The Boxer).​

It is because of this desire to not know, the main stream media has been able to feed us lies because we don't want to hear the truth (paraphrasing Jack Nicholson).

In the movie, The Matrix, Neo is offered a choice between taking the red pill that would wake him up or the blue pill that would let him continue sleeping.

We are in the end times. Putin recently declared to the world that he has nukes that can go anywhere and can not be shot down. The Deep State is frantic and will either assassinate Trump or start WWIII, if needed.

Amen Alex!! Thank you for this powerful edification and wake-up call. God bless you.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sounds like you're mixing scripture, Paul Simon, and the Matrix mythology (i.e. the Red Pill) ...

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like you're mixing scripture, Paul Simon, and the Matrix mythology (i.e. the Red Pill) ...
Yes, because we are in the real world. The Matrix is fiction, of course, but there are many in the real world who use those terms. As for the Boxer, the Lord quoted that line to me many times after I was expelled from a house church who demanded I qualify everything I say with, in my opinion. As a friend later said, if I am speaking then it is a given that it is my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: Kukus
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like The Boxer, but I'm not sure how this is different from all the other claims of "the imminent end."
How imminent this is, I do not know. But I do know about the war that is going on covertly. Read the Q posts , listen to what remains of the YouTube explanations of the post by searching "Q Anon" under videos, and to get you started, listen to what Zach, an intelligence officer has to say here.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,618.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Indeed!:oldthumbsup: The waters have been muddied so much so that people cannot discern truth from error. Truth is hard to swallow sometimes...like good medicine. But Mary Poppins said once that a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down in a most delightful way.Lord Jesus said
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

That is pretty straight forward isn't it? But people do all kind of things to avoid the truth.So when people tell me about their "truth", I usually say "Lord Jesus said He is the truth and He does not lie." There is no way around that.To argue with me about that is to call Lord Jesus a liar, and nobody wants to be guilty of that. Once they are silenced, then you can tell them what else Lord Jesus said.

Really I am weary of all of the saber rattling all of this world's leaders are doing. All of them imho are evil. So people need to put their lives in the hands of Lord Jesus

Matt. 10:8 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

We know how the story ends, and we win.Amen

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟56,259.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single

Basically what its saying is that "those who dwell upon the earth"(i.e. those who associate themselves with it) will be so preoccupied with the cares of this world, they either won't care and/or would rather embrace a lie/denial, thereby being oblivious to that which is all around them regarding the direction in which the world is headed.

Consider some of the things that have exploded over the last 40-50 years, some of which were completely unheard of or very very rare like 60 years ago:
-School shootings
-Teen pregnancy/sex
-Abortion
-Drug use
-Homosexuality

Then you have some of the listed things above that today are an accepted part of society and/or are even being PROMOTED! Nowadays, the full Gospel is seen as a hindrance. People don't want to hear the truth because it rains on their parade.

You don't ever hear the news discuss the potential affects regarding a lot of the content put out by the entertainment industry or some of the root causes of broken families.

We are living in the season when all of these things can come to a head and many will not recognize it because the Gospel is being further and further suppressed, disregarded, and watered down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is pretty straight forward isn't it? But people do all kind of things to avoid the truth.So when people tell me about their "truth", I usually say "Lord Jesus said He is the truth and He does not lie." There is no way around that.To argue with me about that is to call Lord Jesus a liar, and nobody wants to be guilty of that. Once they are silenced, then you can tell them what else Lord Jesus said.

Really I am weary of all of the saber rattling all of this world's leaders are doing. All of them imho are evil. So people need to put their lives in the hands of Lord Jesus
The psalm says that all men are liars (Ps 116:11). And I regret that includes us who are redeemed. Satan really only has one power, lying. He is the father of lies (John 8:44). But a lie has no power without belief in the lie. The mainstream media lies and has maintained power only because people believed the lies. The internet has rocked that boat. People are waking up to the truth. Regrettably, again, Christians have believed the lie just as much as non-Christians, perhaps more so, since we lean in the direction of giving people the benefit of the doubt. Even though Jesus said that the truth shall set us free, it only frees us if we believe the truth. Hence the multitudes that will go on living life as usual when sudden destruction comes.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,618.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The psalm says that all men are liars (Ps 116:11). And I regret that includes us who are redeemed. Satan really only has one power, lying. He is the father of lies (John 8:44). But a lie has no power without belief in the lie. The mainstream media lies and has maintained power only because people believed the lies. The internet has rocked that boat. People are waking up to the truth. Regrettably, again, Christians have believed the lie just as much as non-Christians, perhaps more so, since we lean in the direction of giving people the benefit of the doubt. Even though Jesus said that the truth shall set us free, it only frees us if we believe the truth. Hence the multitudes that will go on living life as usual when sudden destruction comes.
Yes, so true, just as in the days of Noah.If you think about those days, the people heard the truth, they just did not believe it.I am sure Noah told them that it was going to rain, and that is the reason he was building the ark.The truth of the Gospel has been preached for over two thousand years. But people still do not believe Lord Jesus is coming again.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave Watchman
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Basically what its saying is that "those who dwell upon the earth"(i.e. those who associate themselves with it) will be so preoccupied with the cares of this world, they either won't care and/or would rather embrace a lie/denial, thereby being oblivious to that which is all around them regarding the direction in which the world is headed.

Consider some of the things that have exploded over the last 40-50 years, some of which were completely unheard of or very very rare like 60 years ago:
-School shootings
-Teen pregnancy/sex
-Abortion
-Drug use
-Homosexuality

Then you have some of the listed things above that today are an accepted part of society and/or are even being PROMOTED! Nowadays, the full Gospel is seen as a hindrance. People don't want to hear the truth because it rains on their parade.

You don't ever hear the news discuss the potential affects regarding a lot of the content put out by the entertainment industry or some of the root causes of broken families.

We are living in the season when all of these things can come to a head and many will not recognize it because the Gospel is being further and further suppressed, disregarded, and watered down.
I fully agree with what you are saying. But, as I was saying to Handmaid For Jesus, even knowing the truth still requires believing the truth. What we do is the revelation of what we really believe. To say you believe in healing, but don't pray for healing, shows that you don't actually believe in healing. Instead you have an acknowledgment that God heals, but not me nor through me.

This is the failing of the today's Church. We acknowledge the truth but we do not genuinely believe the truth. If we did the miraculous would occur more often.

Which brings me to my OP. We are close to another world war, and one that will most likely be nuclear. If we are in it (I am not a pre-tribber) then we are going to need to believe in the miraculous and learn how to walk in it. At the very least, we should be like the sons of Issachar.

1Ch 12:32 And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do;​

And prepare for the tribulation to come.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, so true, just as in the days of Noah.If you think about those days, the people heard the truth, they just did not believe it.I am sure Noah told them that it was going to rain, and that is the reason he was building the ark.The truth of the Gospel has been preached for over two thousand years. But people still do not believe Lord Jesus is coming again.
It is commonly believed that Noah preached for 120 years warning the world of the coming judgment based upon these two verses:

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Gen 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Gen 6:14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.​

The assumption is that verse 3 is the same time when God told Noah to build the Ark in verses 13 and 14. Also, Peter said,

2Pe_2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;​

Meaning that all the while Noah was building the Ark he was also warning people of the Flood to come.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

-School shootings
-Teen pregnancy/sex
-Abortion
-Drug use
-Homosexuality

I don't mean to be contrary, but I think all those things were quite common 60 years ago, except for school shootings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't mean to be contrary, but I think all those things were quite common 60 years ago, except for school shootings.
There is nothing new under the sun, to be sure. However, not all these evils were openly practiced.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"Lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it's been"​
(Truckin')

• Agree
Reactions: AlexDTX
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I see the scenario fixing around Jerusalem and rebuilding their temple.

When it takes place I believe the Muslim nation' will march towards Jerusalem, with the world following?

Just my take?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I dont understand all the gloom Our society has never been better. Higher standards of education and health. People have better standards of living. and while wars still offer its nothing to compare to this time last century.

Weve made massive advancements morally. Women are treated far better - at least in most countries. Women have the vote. Children are still exploited but less so. Slavery doesnt exist at least openly. The only peril I see is my parents and grandparents generation that have led us into the predicament of global climate change.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont understand all the gloom Our society has never been better. Higher standards of education and health. People have better standards of living. and while wars still offer its nothing to compare to this time last century.

Weve made massive advancements morally. Women are treated far better - at least in most countries. Women have the vote. Children are still exploited but less so. Slavery doesnt exist at least openly. The only peril I see is my parents and grandparents generation that have led us into the predicament of global climate change.
No climate change, Al Gore and the commie plot.

Put tough restrictions on the western world, shift western wealth to China the commie polluter.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.