Politics
US-Others
god's mercy.jpg

“As I experience God’s mercy, so I believe it is the same for all”

“It is Jesus you seek when you dream of happiness; he
is waiting for you when nothing else you find satisfies you; he is
the beauty to which you are so attracted; it is he who provokes
you with that thirst for fullness that will not let you settle for
compromise; it is he who urges you to shed the masks of a false life; it is he who reads in your hearts your most genuine choices, the choices that others try to stifle.
---John Paul 11

I believe the reason John Paul speaks with such passion is that he knows what he speaks of. Many of his sayings come from his heart that is filled with love for all. A heart that has been healed throughout his life, by the way, he responds to the evils and injustices in the world. His words come from a different place than many of mine do. My heart is still fearful and anxious and because of that, I am often in a place of deep anger that feeds off of fear and anxiety.

Yet as John Paul says, I feel the need to let go of my false hopes and fears and anxious concerns, which only feed off of my soul and make it dry and filled with restless energy. So even though I often fail, I choose ‘life’, I seek to allow the fire of the Holy Spirit to inflame my soul and to make me seek Jesus as the center of all of my longings.

I struggle every day, yet I see the work of God in my soul. I am slowly beginning to understand how grace is given; it is not earned, but God's constant love draws me deeper into the mystery of His Being. As I experience God’s mercy, so I believe it is the same for all. –Br.MD