As Christian, SHOULD CHRISTMAS BE CELEBRATED OR REJECTED,YOU DECIDE!

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
“Tis the season to be jolly.” Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all men. These are sayings associated with Christmas, the day that Jesus the Christ was born; or was it? Certainly this could be a description of Christmas. Celebrations such as these were taking place among non-Christians centuries before Jesus Christ was born! Such customs do not come from the Bible. They have nothing to do with the birth of Jesus Christ. Jesus did not originate them, nor were they observed by the prophets (Old Testament) or the apostles (New Testament). We're going to examine Christmas, its origin and customs, and see if in fact Christmas is of God or Pagan. Should it be Celebrated or Rejected?

Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all men. Why, because we feed and shelter the less fortunate on this one day called Christmas? Shouldn't we care for the less fortunate all year long? Retailers increase the prices on merchandise, to try to recover from poor sales from the 1st three-quarters of the fiscal year.

Christmas (December 25th) is taught to be the day that Jesus the Christ was born. The fact is Jesus was not even born in the winter season. When Jesus was born, "there were shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night." (Luke 2:8). This could never have occurred in Judea in the month of December. The shepherds always brought their flocks from the mountainsides and fields and corralled them no later than October, to protect them from the cold, rainy season that followed. Notice in Songs of Solomon 2:11 and Ezra 10:9, 13, that winter was a rainy season and typically the herds would most likely not be out in the rainy winter season. "It was an ancient custom among Jews of those days to send out their sheep to the fields and deserts about the Passover (early spring), and bring them home at commencement of the first rain," says the Adam Clarke Commentary (Vol. 5, page 370, New York ed.) Continuing, "During the time they were out, the shepherds watched them night and day. As..the first rain began early in the month of Marchesvan, which answers to part of our October and November (begins sometime in October), we find that the sheep were kept out in the open country during the whole summer. And, as these shepherds had not yet brought home their flocks, it is a presumptive argument that October had not yet commenced, and that, consequently, Jesus was not born on December 25th, when no flocks were out in the fields; nor could He have been born later than September, as the flocks were in the fields by night. Therefore, to celebrate Jesus' birth date on December 25th is not scripturally sound. Any encyclopedia will tell you that Christ was not born on December 25th. The exact date of Jesus' birth is entirely unknown, as all authorities acknowledge - though by reading the scriptures, it strongly indicates His birth was in the early fall, probably September, approximately six months after Passover. This can also be found in the Catholic Encyclopedia 1967.

Some may say, "It does not matter when He was born. I am just celebrating His birth."; whereas others may say "Jesus is the reason for the season." Is that really the case? If Jesus is the reason for the season, then why didn't He let us know when to celebrate his birth? We claim we love Jesus so much but why don't we observe his death as he commanded us. Luke 22:19, "And he took bread, and gave thanks, and break it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me."

He commanded us to observe the Passover, not Easter, which is also a pagan holiday associated with wild sexual orgies. Jesus commanded us to observe the Holy Days in Leviticus the 23rd chapter but we ignore those days and observe traditions that have nothing to do with Jesus. In Matthew 15:1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, [/FONT]
Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread
3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I celebrate Jesus every day. But, many of my friends and family members only think of Jesus on Christmas and Easter or when they get a cancer diagnosis. Should we discard these holidays to insure that only pure Christians ever think of Jesus? We don't live in a nation where Christianity is the default anymore. People are born, live their lives, and die without becoming Christian. Do we really want to hide the light from these people even more?

Christmas and Easter are flawed as we celebrate them, but they do help to plant an idea in people's minds. Is that so bad?

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I celebrate Jesus every day. But, many of my friends and family members only think of Jesus on Christmas and Easter or when they get a cancer diagnosis. Should we discard these holidays to insure that only pure Christians ever think of Jesus? We don't live in a nation where Christianity is the default anymore. People are born, live their lives, and die without becoming Christian. Do we really want to hide the light from these people even more?

Christmas and Easter are flawed as we celebrate them, but they do help to plant an idea in people's minds. Is that so bad?

The Lord said in Exodus 20:[SIZE=-1]20:3 [/SIZE]Thou shalt have no other gods before me. [SIZE=-1]20:4 [/SIZE]Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: [SIZE=-1]20:5 [/SIZE]Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Paul said in romans 15: [SIZE=-1]15:4 [/SIZE]For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where Did Christmas Come From?
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] [/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']World Scope Encyclopedia (1960 vol.3) states, "Christmas, the festival observed by the Christian Church on the 25th day of December in commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ. No certain knowledge of the birthday of Jesus Christ exists and its observance was not established until some time after the organization of the first churches. The 25th day of December was advocated by Julius 1, Bishop of Rome from 337 to 352, as the most suitable time to commemorate the birth of Christ. The day was finally placed on December 25th, which made it possible for all nations to observe a festival of rejoicing that the shortest day of the year has passed. The end of December was an especially significant time in the northern hemisphere. Days were short; nights long. The sun was at its lowest point. This called for the celebration of special festivals of thanksgiving and encouragement to the waning sun. When at the winter solstice in late December, the days began to lengthen once again, there was great festivity lasting into the first part of January. The reason was that the declining sun---the light of the world--had been reborn and began to gain in strength. Moreover, the newly converted peoples found it convenient to get a kind of substitute for their original celebrations of the [/FONT]solstice ". The birth of Jesus the Christ was assigned the date of December 25th, because on this day, as the sun began its return to the northern skies, the pagan devotees of Mithra (the Persian's Sun God) celebrated the dies natalis Solis Invicti (birthday of the invincible sun).

The history book a Pictorial History of the Italian People states, "Saint Gregory was repelled by Graeco-Roman civilization and, paradoxically, did more than anyone else to facilitate the absorption of pagan residues into Italian Christianity. Through that process of absorption, any paganism hostile to Christianity remaining in Italian rural communities faded away".

The simple fact is that, as more and more people from throughout the Western Roman Empire became converted to an increasingly popular Christianity, they brought many of their favorite customs with them. "The pagan [winter festivals of the] Saturnalia and Brumalia were too deeply entrenched in popular custom to be set aside by Christian influence... The pagan festival with its riot and merrymaking was so popular that Christians were glad of an excuse to continue its celebration with little change in spirit or in manner... Christians of Mesopotamia accused their western brethren of idolatry and sun-worship for adopting as Christian this pagan festival. Yet the festival rapidly gained acceptance and became at last so firmly entrenched that even the Protestant revolution of the sixteenth century was not able to dislodge it..." (The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge, Volume III, article "Christmas.") You see this going on in churches today. Churches are constantly recruiting new members from other denominations and they often bring some aspect of their previous church to the new one. If you notice, many Christians today celebrate the Roman Catholic tradition of Lent. Historically, Lent, was not celebrated by Protestant churches.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You see this going on in churches today. Churches are constantly recruiting new members from other denominations and they often bring some aspect of their previous church to the new one. If you notice, many Christians today celebrate the Roman Catholic tradition of Lent. Historically, Lent, was not celebrated by Protestant churches.

Why does this make me think of 2 Kings 17:33:

They worshiped the Lord, but they also served their own gods in accordance with the customs of the nations from which they had been brought.

Upvote 0

Ruba

Perspective is power
Dec 12, 2013
United States
✟8,699.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know Christmas is a holiday mixed together by a bunch of other traditions and it changed over time. I watched a huge documentary on it, but even if Christ was not born on the 25th of December, its good to let it be a reminder at this part of the year. Its cold and very dark, and I believe people had this tradition so people wouldn't get depressed due by how much dark it gets here on Earth during winter. A lot of people up north struggle A LOT because the thought of suicide from winter downs is common for them.

What I am saying is that even though Christmas is from a pagan holiday, extremely commercialized, and really has nothing to do about the birth of Jesus, people's eyes are taken off of the cold void darkness that surrounds them. They focus on the holiday so they can remain happy and hopeful. I think whoever back then put Christ in the picture was wanting people to be reminded that Christ is still there within the cold dark realms of winters. Which we can take internally too, and in a way, it helps people who are spiritual have a reason to keep their chins up.

I say don't let the holiday traditions overwhelm you from its history and so forth. If you celebrate, do it out of a heart for God. He can certainly have help with families who need food and other things, or to remind His children that He loves them. Since this is a giving holiday, God can use it to do good for others, because He isn't going to just sit there and be upset that someone got His Son's birth date wrong. He is going to use this holiday as an advantage to reach out to the masses and keep hope brewing.

That is what I feel for the most part, and usually I feel pretty good for the holiday. Though if you do have the knowledge that there is no proof of Christ's birth, then you probably shouldn't lie to others that it is His birthday.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It is true "Christmas" is being (essentially) celebrated on the wrong day/date, but so long as we don't forget that the whole reason why we celebrate this day is to be completely about Christ and everything he did, I don't see a problem with celebrating it as long as we keep the right reasons in mind... And that is to keep the "spirit" of Christ, and everything he did, essentially "alive" as long as we don't lose sight of that...

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why does this make me think of 2 Kings 17:33:

That's a good scripture and its true, but the thing is, people in this day and time do not fear the Lord like that should. Even those Jesus said in Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know Christmas is a holiday mixed together by a bunch of other traditions and it changed over time. I watched a huge documentary on it, but even if Christ was not born on the 25th of December, its good to let it be a reminder at this part of the year. Its cold and very dark, and I believe people had this tradition so people wouldn't get depressed due by how much dark it gets here on Earth during winter. A lot of people up north struggle A LOT because the thought of suicide from winter downs is common for them.

What I am saying is that even though Christmas is from a pagan holiday, extremely commercialized, and really has nothing to do about the birth of Jesus, people's eyes are taken off of the cold void darkness that surrounds them. They focus on the holiday so they can remain happy and hopeful. I think whoever back then put Christ in the picture was wanting people to be reminded that Christ is still there within the cold dark realms of winters. Which we can take internally too, and in a way, it helps people who are spiritual have a reason to keep their chins up.

I say don't let the holiday traditions overwhelm you from its history and so forth. If you celebrate, do it out of a heart for God. He can certainly have help with families who need food and other things, or to remind His children that He loves them. Since this is a giving holiday, God can use it to do good for others, because He isn't going to just sit there and be upset that someone got His Son's birth date wrong. He is going to use this holiday as an advantage to reach out to the masses and keep hope brewing.

That is what I feel for the most part, and usually I feel pretty good for the holiday. Though if you do have the knowledge that there is no proof of Christ's birth, then you probably shouldn't lie to others that it is His birthday.

Satan want people to over look Christmas being a pagan Holiday, the truth and concentrate on others things like poor or the children and spending money, when we a Christians suppose to do those things any way through out the year. In Isaiah its written 34:1Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it. 34:2For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter. 34:3Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood. This is the future people....

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Even Kwanza, founded 1966 by Dr. Maulana Karenga, which people are starting to celebrate and mingle into the church is based on the Nguzo Saba (seven guiding principles), one for each day of the observance, and is celebrated from December 26th to January 1st. A Kinara (candle holder); Mkeka (placemat preferably made of straw); Mazao (crops, i.e., fruits and vegetables); Vibunzi (ears of corn to reflect the number of children in the household); Kikombe cha umoja (communal unity cup); Mishumaa saba (seven candles, one black, three red, and three green); and Zawadi (gifts that are enriching). Its focus is said to be on these traditional African values. It's been said that Kwanza is a time of reaffirming African-American people, their ancestors and culture. Kwanzaa, means "first fruits of the harvest" in the African language Kiswahili. But the Lord has a harvest festival called the Feast of the Tabernacles. Why don't African-Americans, as well as all Christians, celebrate it?

Leviticus 23:34-41 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD.
35 On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
36 Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein.
37 These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day: 38 Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD.
39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.

40 And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days. 41 And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.

So exactly where did Christmas come from? World Scope Encyclopedia (1960 vol.3) states, "Christmas, the festival observed by the Christian Church on the 25th day of December in commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ. No certain knowledge of the birthday of Jesus Christ exists and its observance was not established until some time after the organization of the first churches. The 25th day of December was advocated by Julius 1, Bishop of Rome from 337 to 352, as the most suitable time to commemorate the birth of Christ. The day was finally placed on December 25th, which made it possible for all nations to observe a festival of rejoicing that the shortest day of the year has passed. Moreover, the newly converted peoples found it convenient to get a kind of substitute for their original celebrations of the solstice". The birth of Jesus the Christ was assigned the date of December 25th, because on this day, as the sun began its return to the northern skies, the pagan devotees of Mithra celebrated the dies natalis Solis Invicti (birthday of the invincible sun). The history book a Pictorial History of the Italian People states, "Saint Gregory was repelled by Graeco-Roman civilization and, paradoxically, did more than anyone else to facilitate the absorption of pagan residues into Italian Christianity. Through that process of absorption, any paganism hostile to Christianity remaining in Italian rural communities faded away". Check your history, you'll find that the customs associated with Christmas were celebrated some 2000 years before Jesus.

But if we got Christmas from the Roman Catholics, and they got it from paganism, where did the pagans get it? Where, when, and what was its real origin? It started and originated in the original Bablyhon of ancient Nimrod. Nimrod, grandson of Ham, son of Noah built the tower of Babel. Nimrod married his own mother, whose name is Semiramis. After Nimrod's, Semiramis claimed a full grown evergreen tree sprang overnight from a dead tree stump, which symbolized the springing forth unto new life of the dead Nimrod. On each anniversary of his birth, she claimed Nimrod would visit the evergreen tree and leave gifts upon it. December 25th was the birthday of Nimrod. This is the real origin of the Christmas tree.

Through her scheming and designing, Semiramis became the Babylonia "Queen of Heaven," and Nimrod, under various names, became the "divine son of heaven." Through the generations, in this idolatrius worship, Nimrod also became the false Messiah, son of Baal the Sun-god. In this false Bablyhonish system, the "Mother and Child" (Semiramis and Nimrod reborn) became chief objects of worship. This worship of "Mother and Child" spread over the world. The names varied in different countries and languages. In Egypt it was Isis and Osiris. In Asia, Cybele and Deoius. In pagan Rome, Fortuna and Jupiterpuer. Even in Greece, China, Japan, Tibet is to be found the counterpart of the Madonna, long before the birth of Christ. The Lord God of Israel made reference to the worshiping and sacrificing to the "Queen of Heaven" in Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said that when He came back would there be any faith left.
The traditions of man make the word of God of no effect.
Do all that you do as unto the Lord. Let every man work out their own salvation.
The love of God is a gift and the goodness of God leads man to repentance.
Seek to invite all to the life giving waters that Jesus brings.
I like that song about, "Where is the line to see Jesus". Says it very well.....

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I try and remember this:
Colossians 2:16

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day—

I enjoy the secular/cultural "holiday", including Santa, the tree, the lights, the songs, the gift-giving, and so on.

I am personally uncomfortable (and choose not to) with incorporating the pagan trappings of "Christmas" into the worship of our Lord. The Bible is completely blank when it comes to describing a Christmas Holiday, and gives no instruction to make a holy day out of Christ's birth.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I try and remember this:

I enjoy the secular/cultural "holiday", including Santa, the tree, the lights, the songs, the gift-giving, and so on.

I am personally uncomfortable (and choose not to) with incorporating the pagan trappings of "Christmas" into the worship of our Lord. The Bible is completely blank when it comes to describing a Christmas Holiday, and gives no instruction to make a holy day out of Christ's birth.

I enjoy the secular/cultural holiday also, as do the rest of my family, especially my grandchildren. It's a festive time with good food and the giving and receiving of presents and well-wishes.

The best evidence from the Gospels indicate that Jesus was born in the Spring of 4 B.C. (around Passover?) and that he was about 2 years old when the three Eastern magicians found him (and obviously he was no longer in a manger). The creche scenes are the figment of somebody's imagination.

The celebration of Christmas has nothing to do with my Christian faith. It's just a nice time of year when most people act more like Christians than they do the rest of the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I enjoy the secular/cultural holiday also, as do the rest of my family, especially my grandchildren. It's a festive time with good food and the giving and receiving of presents and well-wishes.

The best evidence from the Gospels indicate that Jesus was born in the Spring of 4 B.C. (around Passover?) and that he was about 2 years old when the three Eastern magicians found him (and obviously he was no longer in a manger). The creche scenes are the figment of somebody's imagination.

The celebration of Christmas has nothing to do with my Christian faith. It's just a nice time of year when most people act more like Christians than they do the rest of the time.

I'd point out another issue for the early Church: Early Christians did not do birthdays. Neither did Jews. Pagans celebrated birthdays, which relied on astrology...forbidden by God to Jews and Christians. Regardless of the date set, the early Christians were put off by celebrating Jesus' birthday at all.

If you'll notice in scripture, nothing good happens on a birthday. People always die unpleasantly on biblical birthdays. Where they are spoken of by men of God, it's usually as a curse ("I curse the day I was born" kind of thing).

Jews didn't do birthdays, Christians didn't do birthdays.

That's probably why scripture doesn't pin down Jesus birthday. Now, the day of His death--scripture gives us enough to pin down that day of the year pretty closely. If we select 4AD as the date of His birth, there is enough information in scripture to use an astronomical computer to figure out the exact day of that year He would have been put to death.

Scripture gives us the day He died, but not the day He was born. Probably not by accident is it that way.

In the same way, regarding Christ's death, we have a command from Christ Himself to commemorate His death, and we have evidence from Paul that the early Church did, in fact, practice that commemoration. But no such thing about His birth. That's not by accident, either.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'd point out another issue for the early Church: Early Christians did not do birthdays. Neither did Jews. Pagans celebrated birthdays, which relied on astrology...forbidden by God to Jews and Christians. Regardless of the date set, the early Christians were put off by celebrating Jesus' birthday at all.

If you'll notice in scripture, nothing good happens on a birthday. People always die unpleasantly on biblical birthdays. Where they are spoken of by men of God, it's usually as a curse ("I curse the day I was born" kind of thing).

Jews didn't do birthdays, Christians didn't do birthdays.

That's probably why scripture doesn't pin down Jesus birthday. Now, the day of His death--scripture gives us enough to pin down that day of the year pretty closely. If we select 4AD as the date of His birth, there is enough information in scripture to use an astronomical computer to figure out the exact day of that year He would have been put to death.

Scripture gives us the day He died, but not the day He was born. Probably not by accident is it that way.

In the same way, regarding Christ's death, we have a command from Christ Himself to commemorate His death, and we have evidence from Paul that the early Church did, in fact, practice that commemoration. But no such thing about His birth. That's not by accident, either.

I'm just curious, and I'm probably not as educated on it as you are, so bear with me please...

But is their anywhere in scripture where it actually specifically says that celebrating birthdays is "forbidden"? I know it has pagan roots, but does God ever say anything specifically against it (birthdays), and if it does, can you tell me "where"?

And do you know if any of the OT leaders celebrated or commemorated or gave any gifts (toys & such) to any of their children their birthdays? As, I said I probably don't know as much about it as you do, but/and/so I am only asking?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Satan want people to over look Christmas being a pagan Holiday, the truth and concentrate on others things like poor or the children and spending money, when we a Christians suppose to do those things any way through out the year. In Isaiah its written 34:1Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it. 34:2For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter. 34:3Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood. This is the future people....

No, actually, that is the "past", we today live under the new covenant, and the wrath of God was supposed to be fully satisfied with Jesus, It is true that in the past Gods wrath got poured out all the time, but things are supposed to be different under the new covenant believers in Christ.

Upvote 0

TRWord

The Revealed Word
Nov 20, 2011
✟16,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christmas has nothing to do with the birth of Christ and likewise Easter has nothing to do with His death. And the term Holy Day has become holiday but as long as we know the truth then there is no need to concern ourselves with any of this.

There is a line in one of the carols that I love, it says:

It’s not the things we do at Christmas time but the Christmas things we do all year through.

The spirit of giving and caring for each other is Godly, by whatever name.

Christmas is a great time of the year in spite of all the commercialism. Our souls wouldn’t be damned if we celebrate the holidays with our family and friends.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Christmas has nothing to do with the birth of Christ and likewise Easter has nothing to do with His death. And the term Holy Day has become holiday but as long as we know the truth then there is no need to concern ourselves with any of this.

There is a line in one of the carols that I love, it says:

It’s not the things we do at Christmas time but the Christmas things we do all year through.

The spirit of giving and caring for each other is Godly, by whatever name.

Christmas is a great time of the year in spite of all the commercialism. Our souls wouldn’t be damned if we celebrate the holidays with our family and friends.

AMEN!

Upvote 0