As CHIP expires unrenewed, Congress blows a chance to save healthcare for 9 million children

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you think healthcare is a human right because the majority of people feel entitled to it? That’s some astute logic there!
No, because Jesus showed us that in the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Funny -

A reporter says the Congress has not acted quick enough to appropriate money;

Money Congress does not have, but will collect from people who care for their own children's needs, to pay for people who do not take care for their own children's needs, and it is the President's fault, because someone decided golf is important to the President.

IFY - The Congress and President have separate jobs and duties.

God Bless,
SBC
Another person who cut off their nose to spite their face. Universal healthcare country pay 1/2 of what American pay but get better outcome. Americans so worried that "others" might benefit (in words of Ronald Reagan "Young Bucks and Welfare Queens") that they make terrible decisions.

If you had followed in Jesus footstep in this matter you would be paying 1/2 what you pay and get better healthcare. Something all American Christian should think about. And is it not ironic that maybe most religious of Western country act opposite of their religion in this matter?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny -

A reporter says the Congress has not acted quick enough to appropriate money;

Money Congress does not have, but will collect from people who care for their own children's needs, to pay for people who do not take care for their own children's needs, and it is the President's fault, because someone decided golf is important to the President.

IFY - The Congress and President have separate jobs and duties.

God Bless,
SBC
If President Trump has spent as much time on pushing Congress to do the right thing about CHIP as he spent playing golf he would have been doing one of his jobs. Instead, he played golf. Seems pretty obvious to me. :wave:
tulc(thought President Trump had promised to not play golf if he was elected to be the President?) :scratch:

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Another person who cut off their nose to spite their face. Universal healthcare country pay 1/2 of what American pay but get better outcome. Americans so worried that "others" might benefit (in words of Ronald Reagan "Young Bucks and Welfare Queens") that they make terrible decisions.

If you had followed in Jesus footstep in this matter you would be paying 1/2 what you pay and get better healthcare. Something all American Christian should think about. And is it not ironic that maybe most religious of Western country act opposite of their religion in this matter?

You like scripture? How about this one?

1 Tim 5
[8] But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

I don't have any CHIPS kids in my own home.

How about this one?

Rom 12:
[2] And be not conformed to this world:

Thanks for sharing you think everyone should do what the world does.

Some do not agree with you.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You like scripture? How about this one?

1 Tim 5
[8] But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

I don't have any CHIPS kids in my own home.

How about this one?

Rom 12:
[2] And be not conformed to this world:

Thanks for sharing you think everyone should do what the world does.

Some do not agree with you.

God Bless,
SBC
So after you read the bible you think Jesus would look at someone in need and say "That is a Young Buck and a Welfare Queen! I will not heal them!"

In all sincerity that is what you understand when you read the bible? I think our bibles are very different.

In the end it is you who pay for your poor decision making. As I mention earlier you pay twice what other countries pay and have worse outcomes. All to prevent "Young bucks and welfare queens" from getting help.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Tim 5
Yes, it is saying that a man should work to take care of his family. You do realize the CHIP kids come from families with parent/s who work, right?

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So after you read the bible you think Jesus would look at someone in need and say "That is a Young Buck and a Welfare Queen! I will not heal them!"

Yipes, distasteful.

In all sincerity that is what you understand when you read the bible? I think our bibles are very different.

Actually, I get my knowledge from Scripture and my understanding from Christ.

In the end it is you who pay for your poor decision making. As I mention earlier you pay twice what other countries pay and have worse outcomes.

You concern yourself too much about what others choose to do.
You have nothing I want or need. Not your ideas, your money, your accusations.
Be a good Christian and take care of you and yours.

All to prevent "Young bucks and welfare queens" from getting help.

Your "in all sincerity"? ugh!

God Bless,
SBC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, it is saying that a man should work to take care of his family. You do realize the CHIP kids come from families with parent/s who work, right?

It is not about WORKING. Is is about providing. It is about priorities of the individual to be responsible for the provisions. If healthcare is not a priority to them for their own children, why should it be a concern of mine? Why are they not asking their Church or a Charity for a handout?

Secondly; What part of the US Constitution gives Congress the authority to require anyone to pay for health care of another?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not about WORKING. Is is about providing. It is about priorities of the individual to be responsible for the provisions. If healthcare is not a priority to them for their own children, why should it be a concern of mine?
OK, parents working to provide for their children. Which priority should come first, shelter, clothes, food, healthcare, hmm... if the money only goes so far, hmm....

Read the parable of the Good Samaritan and then tell me that we will not be held responsible for the healthcare of others.
Jesus said to care for the poor, widows, and the orphans. Children on the CHIP program fit into at least one of these descriptions.

I used to hold your view about healthcare and the Constitution. What does the general welfare of the country mean? Is it good for the country to have children not receiving healthcare?
But I guess for some people if the child is not mine, too bad for them that they weren't born into better circumstances. Let them eat cake!

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
OK, parents working to provide for their children. Which priority should come first, shelter, clothes, food, healthcare, hmm... if the money only goes so far, hmm....

hummm.... I know from experience it can be done without being an others (for years, or life long) burden.

Read the parable of the Good Samaritan and then tell me that we will not be held responsible for the healthcare of others.

Jesus said to care for the poor,

And Scripture tells you how.

widows, and the orphans

Children on the CHIP program fit into at least one of these descriptions.

I used to hold your view about healthcare and the Constitution. What does the general welfare of the country mean?

It is defined. And it does not mean steal from one who does provide, to give to another who doesn't provide.

Is it good for the country to have children not receiving healthcare?

Is it not good for the people to take care of their health? You know, fast-food daily, prescription drugs stuffed in kids mouths to control them, fresh fruit (ha ha) that is imported, glued to electronics, tv junk 24 hrs, kids running households, babies in walmart at midnight, and on and on; ya sure, someone else should be responsible for their choices, like you, not me.

But I guess for some people if the child is not mine, too bad for them that they weren't born into better circumstances. Let them eat cake!

No. It is about, Liberty, having freewill to make your own choices and being the one to suffer or enjoy the consequences thereof. You know, like what is taught in Scripture ~ having the freewill to choose to believe or not and suffer or enjoy the consequences thereof? It is the liberal-mindset that if one makes poor choices others should be forced to suffer the consequences. And if one makes good choices, others should be given the benefits. How is that right, or Scriptural?

You mentioned the Good Samaritan. Who forced the "good Samaritan" to do anything?
Scripture is full of examples; And it is about being a good example, and a bad example, and choosing for oneself which one to follow after, that they also may reap the benefits of what they sew. Who is sewing what, for their own children to reap the benefits of CHIPS?

If others peoples children are your passion to hand-out to for years, Why don't you be the sower and organize like-minded people as yourself, and sponsor the children with your finances? Why should others be forced to participate in your ideas, your passions?

Or do you believe you should be burdened with supporting other ideas and passions? IF so, I have a long list of things I support, and would be glad to tell you where you can send the check. ;)

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
But one of your statement was that science was at a low point in history. You have provided no evidence for that. In fact I think opposite is true. Look around you and you will see science is doing amazing things. Without today's science we have world wide starvation. Without today's science we do not survive cancer at rates we do today. You seem to have experience with life. Remember when cancer was virtual death sentence not so long ago?

And while there are some doctors undertrained. And there are some ways medical system can be improved (and always will be), overall I still think you are wrong with your blanket statements about state of healthcare in USA.

I almost reported your post for calling our nation or Republicans
or conservatives a bunch of racists. I will let it slide this time as
poorly worded. (Last paragraph, cut off in this quote)

What has changed in medical care since the 50's? Nothing except
the technology available to them. They still treat the body as a
piece of meat, not a whole human. How many doctors deal with
nutrition outside of problems involving the digestive system? They
are forced to deal with it when the disorder is Krohn's or something
similar. Most Americans are low on needed vitamins and minerals
which leaves us vulnerable to many diseases and conditions. The
pharma industry isn't out to cure, because that means no future
sales. They want to treat for as long as possible.

"I’ve learned by assembling the following information that the politically touted “best health care in the world” at primary and acute care levels is outdated and at least 10 to 20 years behind the times."
Outdated Healthcare Ignores Evidence | Whatcom Watch Online

What if you could cure all cancers 100% without chemo and without
radiation? What if you could kill any virus without drugs and without
creating virii resistant to drugs? You would put the drug makers out
of work, and half of all doctors and nurses. Just like the perfect engine,
which will never see the market (at least any time soon) because it would
kill the oil and auto industries.
http://zedek.us/babylon-the-great-a-must-read/mystery/pharmacia-sorcery-disguised-as-medicine/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I almost reported your post for calling our nation or Republicans
or conservatives a bunch of racists. I will let it slide this time as
poorly worded. (Last paragraph, cut off in this quote)

What has changed in medical care since the 50's? Nothing except
the technology available to them. They still treat the body as a
piece of meat, not a whole human. How many doctors deal with
nutrition outside of problems involving the digestive system? They
are forced to deal with it when the disorder is Krohn's or something
similar. Most Americans are low on needed vitamins and minerals
which leaves us vulnerable to many diseases and conditions. The
pharma industry isn't out to cure, because that means no future
sales. They want to treat for as long as possible.

"I’ve learned by assembling the following information that the politically touted “best health care in the world” at primary and acute care levels is outdated and at least 10 to 20 years behind the times."
Outdated Healthcare Ignores Evidence | Whatcom Watch Online

What if you could cure all cancers 100% without chemo and without
radiation? What if you could kill any virus without drugs and without
creating virii resistant to drugs? You would put the drug makers out
of work, and half of all doctors and nurses. Just like the perfect engine,
which will never see the market (at least any time soon) because it would
kill the oil and auto industries.
Pharmacia (Sorcery disguised as Medicine) | Living Waters
As I state in earlier post you have nothing but assertions. Whether by you or random blogger you find they are still meaningless other than as opinion. Please provide evidence in the form of reputable sources. For doctors these would include respected scientific or medical journals. That "science is at an all time low" or whatever your phrase was I would again need reputable source. You have provided neither. It appears you may not know what is meant by "reputable source" so please research this term before replying. Thank you.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
As I state in earlier post you have nothing but assertions. Whether by you or random blogger you find they are still meaningless other than as opinion. Please provide evidence in the form of reputable sources. For doctors these would include respected scientific or medical journals. That "science is at an all time low" or whatever your phrase was I would again need reputable source. You have provided neither. It appears you may not know what is meant by "reputable source" so please research this term before replying. Thank you.

I have provided what I provided. If you want something
else, feel free to let your fingers do the walking. If you can
disprove anything that I said with your reputable sources,
I would be highly surprised.

As for all time low, that is relative. Unless you know of any
doctors performing surgery without sterile equipment or
anesthesia, or using other pre-20th century methods.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have provided what I provided. If you want something
else, feel free to let your fingers do the walking. If you can
disprove anything that I said with your reputable sources,
I would be highly surprised.

You have provided nothing. And how can I provide something that does not exist. It is same as if you said 10 armed pixies exist, and then challenge me to prove they do not. Impossible!

As for all time low, that is relative. Unless you know of any
doctors performing surgery without sterile equipment or
anesthesia, or using other pre-20th century methods.
So backtracking. Well at least you admit this much.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You have provided nothing. And how can I provide something that does not exist. It is same as if you said 10 armed pixies exist, and then challenge me to prove they do not. Impossible!

So backtracking. Well at least you admit this much.

As I also said: You have your proof. Take it, leave it or ignore it.
Up to you. I eventually get tired of spending time providing facts
to people who don't care about facts, they just like arguing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,444.00
Faith
Pentecostal
1257.png

US Constitution: Preamble

“We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”
********************************************************************************
The Preamble of the Constitution sets out the broadest terms the objectives that the Constitution for the United States of America, as a new nation, would attempt to achieve.

Although specific mention of healthcare is not made in the original Constitution, it could be argued that to "promote the general welfare" and "secure the blessings of liberty" provide the rationale to guarantee access to medical care for all citizens.

The constitutional appropriateness of Obamacare has already been challenged, and the decision the Supreme Court confirmed that it was indeed part of the federal government's "business" to be engaged in healthcare.

Within the context of the CHIP program, the health and well-being of the nation's children would appear to be an obvious priority for ensuring the future of any country.

Heres the problem with that. If that is what the founders intended they would have done that then. But they didn't. Therefore that was not the intent. Progressives have since torn asunder original intent and turned it into what it was not.

In fact what the progressives are doing is precisely what they worried about happening.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,444.00
Faith
Pentecostal
This debate always brings out the misapplication of scriptures. Neither Jesus nor the apostles made ANY claims that the government should take money from some people and give it to others for any reason. We do have to pay our taxes and the government decides how to spend it. BUT there is no command that we should demand that the government take money from some and give it to others.

Jesus and the apostles taught we as believers have an obligation to help others. It's a personal gospel, not a government gospel. As believers we are individually charged with taking care of our own and helping others in need. No where dies Christ or the apostles say we should demand our neighbors do the same.

Upvote 0