As Biden courts LGBTQI+ activists, a lesbian group denounces transgender puberty blockers as torture

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A key weapon is reassurances by doctors that teen trans treatment is safe, effective and, up to a point, reversible.

President Joe Biden nailed his flag to the LGBTQI+ mast in the lead-up to the midterm elections. Back in June, he described movement towards expanding LGBTQI+ rights as an existential struggle. “We’re in a battle for the very soul of this nation, and that’s not hyperbole. We’re in a battle for the soul of the nation … it’s a battle I know we will win. We will win.”

A key weapon in this battle is reassurances by doctors that transgender treatment for young people is safe and, up to a point, reversible. In this the President has been supported by statements from leading medical associations. The president of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Moira Szilagyi, recently declared that “there is strong consensus among the most prominent medical organizations worldwide that evidence-based, gender-affirming care for transgender children and adolescents is medically necessary and appropriate.” Indeed, the 2018 AAP guidelines described puberty blockers as “reversible”.

An article in Pediatrics in 2020 by Dr Jack Turban, a widely quoted expert on trans medicine, declares that: puberty blockers are “unique among gender-affirming medical interventions in that the resultant pubertal suppression is fully reversible, with the resumption of endogenous puberty after their discontinuation.”

This is also the position of the Endocrine Society and the Pediatric Endocrine Society.

Continued below.
As Biden courts LGBTQI+ activists, a lesbian group denounces transgender puberty blockers as 'torture and abuse' | MercatorNet

• Prayers
Reactions: pdudgeon

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
President Joe Biden is correct that we are in a battle for the soul of our nation. The sad fact is, he's on the wrong side. He's fighting on the side of evil.

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A key weapon is reassurances by doctors that teen trans treatment is safe, effective and, up to a point, reversible.

President Joe Biden nailed his flag to the LGBTQI+ mast in the lead-up to the midterm elections. Back in June, he described movement towards expanding LGBTQI+ rights as an existential struggle. “We’re in a battle for the very soul of this nation, and that’s not hyperbole. We’re in a battle for the soul of the nation … it’s a battle I know we will win. We will win.”

A key weapon in this battle is reassurances by doctors that transgender treatment for young people is safe and, up to a point, reversible. In this the President has been supported by statements from leading medical associations. The president of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Moira Szilagyi, recently declared that “there is strong consensus among the most prominent medical organizations worldwide that evidence-based, gender-affirming care for transgender children and adolescents is medically necessary and appropriate.” Indeed, the 2018 AAP guidelines described puberty blockers as “reversible”.

An article in Pediatrics in 2020 by Dr Jack Turban, a widely quoted expert on trans medicine, declares that: puberty blockers are “unique among gender-affirming medical interventions in that the resultant pubertal suppression is fully reversible, with the resumption of endogenous puberty after their discontinuation.”

This is also the position of the Endocrine Society and the Pediatric Endocrine Society.

Continued below.
As Biden courts LGBTQI+ activists, a lesbian group denounces transgender puberty blockers as 'torture and abuse' | MercatorNet
I have been wondering how these people can believe that these little children actually feel they are the opposite sex many years before their body even begins producing chemicals, in the form of hormones, that would normally cause any feeling at all of being male or female.

This world is literally insane.

2o years ago all of these parents and groups would be charged with crimes against children. Today they rally and campaign for these ludicrous lifestyles in broad daylight, backed by the mainstream media.

giphy.gif

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟240,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
How does anyone think pumping your body full of hormones or blocking natural hormones can POSSIBLY be a good idea? And no, I won't call a man in a dress a woman, or she, no matter what the PC left tells me to. Ugh

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,182.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
How does anyone think pumping your body full of hormones or blocking natural hormones can POSSIBLY be a good idea? And no, I won't call a man in a dress a woman, or she, no matter what the PC left tells me to. Ugh
So you won't accept that someone is a woman if they aren't a biological woman? Yeah...I figured that considering you are a right wing supporter.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you won't accept that someone is a woman if they aren't a biological woman? Yeah...I figured that considering you are a right wing supporter.
Yep.

Science.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Even LGBT activists are turning on each other.
It goes with the 'atmosphere' of what it all stands for and where it comes from.
It's sad how abrasive life is becoming.
If only folks would turn away from the 'what I want' and just relax in 'His will' they'd see how life is joyful without these ideals.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Truth is truth and lies remain lies.
You can never change truth for a lie or a lie for truth no matter how many can see the emperors new clothes.

Upvote 0

whatisinausername

Nov 23, 2022
America
✟3,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In case anyone was wondering, the reason for puberty blockers is that it is especially difficult to reverse the development of a male child after puberty. The blockers give them a chance as an adult to make a decision. Humans "default" to female. That's what I find so absurd about "trans women" they ain't fooling anyone. Real women remove their boobs and seem male. They always grow a beard. I've dealt with both in life.

It is strange a lesbian group wants non-feminine looking "trans women." I've never known a woman to be an actual lesbian. They often have kids from previous relationships with men.

People are weird.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

whatisinausername

Nov 23, 2022
America
✟3,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
1671351106368.png

That's a man, baby! -Austin Powers

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟240,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
A woman is an adult female. Only females are women. And no, I am not a right wing supporter, but thanks for assuming.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟240,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Also, friendly reminder, you are in a Catholic forum. You are welcome to post here, but you cannot debate with us. ... We don't support transgender ideology.

Upvote 0