Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually God speaks to His people in different ways throughout time.

full

Side Note:

Please keep in mind that I believe that God can speak to us in life situations that confirm God’s Word (the Bible). God can speak to us by nature of His existence and glory, but these are not actual words communicating any new messages or instructions. God does not give us new instructions or new spiritual truths outside of His Word (the Holy Bible). God always speaks to us today according to His Word (the Bible).

Thanks for thinking on this important topic.
- Answered Prayer - God heard your prayer, planned, and laid out your answer for you to live through.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I strive not to judge a person now because in the end, they could repent of their wrong beliefs. I strive to focus my attack on the wrong belief ....

But you have no clue if they are acting in tune with their true beliefs, or not.
They might be, or they might be torturing animals at home. You have no idea.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From my perspective you have it backwards. Sorry to hear about what happened to your sister, and to your relationship with your friend. This is real life stuff. As Christians, how do we handle real life stuff?

From my perspective, forgiveness is something you grant to the person that has offended, or hurt you. It has nothing to with the attitude, or actions, of the person that has offended, or hurt you.

Essentially a contract between you and God. The person that offended, or hurt you, may even continue to offend and hurt you, showing no remorse whatsoever. In that case we need to set some boundaries and leave it at that. A poison relationship usually cannot be restored.

If one doesn't accept God's forgiveness, they are already in Hell.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I strive to focus my attack on the wrong belief and not the person and their status with God.

If God has called you to attack the beliefs of other people, good luck with that.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Though I agree you have a wrong view of sin and salvation, it's wrong of me to assume you are not saved. That's what judgment is all about and saved for Judgment day.

Nowhere did I ever mention you personally, and so you are seeing something in my words that I never stated. Yes, there is what I personally believe (that includes my full thoughts on the issue), but I cannot share that here without getting points, and or being banned. You should know that.

I believe only the way I do because the Bible plainly teaches it. Thus, this is why I bring up Scripture to attack the wrong belief and not you the person. It’s not personal, but what I share on this topic is simply a fact of Scripture (for me).

Jesus told us to judge righteously (John 7:24). Some Christians believe that any kind of judgment is wrong based on a misinterpretation of Matthew 7:1-5. But this passage is dealing with hypocritical judgment and it is not saying we cannot condemn a believer in our congregation if they are sleeping around in the church, or if they are murdering people. So I believe the Bible does teach a believer having wrong judgment. But the Bible has plenty of examples of believers making good judgments, too. Believers should never be quick to throw any stones without first examining themselves first. Even then, we must rebuke other believers who commit grievous sin openly with no remorse or concern with love, and respect for that person. We should pray for them, and do as much good as we can for them. Paul was telling the Corinthians to kick out a certain believer out of their church for sleeping around (1 Corinthians 5). I believe this was because that individual who was sleeping around was abiding in spiritual death. This is my belief because that is what the text implies (along with many other verses in the Bible).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If God has called you to attack the beliefs of other people, good luck with that.

It is written…

“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.” (Ephesians 5:11).

“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.” (2 Timothy 4:2).

Side Note:

Besides, your disagreement with my belief is a form of an attack against what I believe. We also have disagreed before on other topics. So I fail to see how you disagree on this point. Anyone who debates or disagrees with another on certain Biblical topics is attacking the other person’s beliefs in some way because they don’t think the other person’s belief is true, and they hope that their sharing of Scripture will change their mind.

“(“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )” (2 Corinthians 10:4).

What does “the pulling down of strong holds” mean to you?

I see these words as referring to the pulling down of false beliefs that build up in people’s minds. It’s a spiritual war we fight. We pray for others who have false beliefs, and we share God’s Word with them. We love them, and strive to reach them by spiritual methods employed in God’s Word. In this case, Paul is referring to the Corinthians and their past false beliefs. Paul said that they were carnal and committing the sins of strife and envy, and divisions in 1 Corinthians 3. Paul’s parable was a point that God would destroy them (the temple) if they defiled the temple (i.e. by sin). For Paul condemns the sins of strife and envy in Galatians 5:19-21 and says that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But good thing the Corinthians repented (Sought forgiveness with the Lord Jesus and put away those sins) before Paul wrote his second letter to them.

So if strongholds is referring to false beliefs and Paul is talking about a spiritual war, then he is desiring to attack false beliefs. What do you think it is saying?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for thinking on this important topic.
- Answered Prayer - God heard your prayer, planned, and laid out your answer for you to live through.

I believe the best way to know God is to obey His commandments. Yes, prayer can be one aspect of that, but our obedience to Him is how we have an assurance to say that we truly know Him.

“And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.” (1 John 2:3).

“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:4).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bible Highlighter said:
Actually God speaks to His people in different ways throughout time.
Now your just making stuff up.

Not at all. As far as we know, there was no complete Bible for the patriarchs like Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, etc. and we know God communicated to them directly. There is no clue in Scripture they had a Bible like us. So we have something that they did not have. So it was a different form of how God communicated to them back then vs. today.

When Jesus came, it was God incarnate communicating to mankind directly. So that was another different way God communicated to people.

“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;” (Hebrews 1:1-2).

Yes, I am aware of the Pre-Incarnate appearances of Christ in the OT, but the Word being made flesh and God speaking through the Son in that way was a unique form of God communicating to people in a new way.

So yes, I do believe God has communicated differently throughout time if we are to just follow along the pattern in the way God communicated in His Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bible Highlighter said:
I strive not to judge a person now because in the end, they could repent of their wrong beliefs. I strive to focus my attack on the wrong belief ....
But you have no clue if they are acting in tune with their true beliefs, or not.
They might be, or they might be torturing animals at home. You have no idea.

I fail to see how your reply here has any relevance to what I said. I am just a messenger relaying to others what God’s Word can do upon a person’s heart with the working of the Spirit. God can convict a person of wrong beliefs or sins if the Word is shared with them (even in a way that is just attacking the false belief and not them as a person). It happens all the time. A pastor in a church or on a YouTube video can share God’s Word so as to attack a wrong belief (with no mention of any specific people), and listeners can repent of their false belief by hearing his message with God’s Word. It is the seed of the Word that grows in a person’s heart and makes them fruitful for God’s Kingdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I fail to see how your reply here has any relevance to what I said. I am just a messenger relaying to others what God’s Word can do upon a person’s heart with the working of the Spirit. God can convict a person of wrong beliefs or sins if the Word is shared with them (even in a way that is just attacking the false belief and not them as a person). It happens all the time. A pastor in a church or on a YouTube video can share God’s Word so as to attack a wrong belief (with no mention of any specific people), and listeners can repent of their false belief by hearing his message with God’s Word. It is the seed of the Word that grows in a person’s heart and makes them fruitful for God’s Kingdom.

Nobody asked you to attack. Or asked any Sermon-ator to attack. Sorry.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ephesians 5:11, 2 Corinthians 10:4, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Timothy 4:2, Jude 1:3.
Those were written to the churches who had no Bibles to set them straight
regarding Love over obsolete laws.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not at all. As far as we know, there was no complete Bible for the patriarchs like Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, etc. and we know God communicated to them directly. There is no clue in Scripture they had a Bible like us. So we have something that they did not have.

Nothing better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe the best way to know God is to obey His commandments. Yes, prayer can be one aspect of that, but our obedience to Him is how we have an assurance to say that we truly know Him.

“And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.” (1 John 2:3).

“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:4).
The new commandments and not the obsolete ones.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is written…

“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.” (Ephesians 5:11).

“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.” (2 Timothy 4:2).

Side Note:

Besides, your disagreement with my belief is a form of an attack against what I believe. We also have disagreed before on other topics. So I fail to see how you disagree on this point. Anyone who debates or disagrees with another on certain Biblical topics is attacking the other person’s beliefs in some way because they don’t think the other person’s belief is true, and they hope that their sharing of Scripture will change their mind.

“(“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )” (2 Corinthians 10:4).

What does “the pulling down of strong holds” mean to you?

I see these words as referring to the pulling down of false beliefs that build up in people’s minds. It’s a spiritual war we fight. We pray for others who have false beliefs, and we share God’s Word with them. We love them, and strive to reach them by spiritual methods employed in God’s Word. In this case, Paul is referring to the Corinthians and their past false beliefs. Paul said that they were carnal and committing the sins of strife and envy, and divisions in 1 Corinthians 3. Paul’s parable was a point that God would destroy them (the temple) if they defiled the temple (i.e. by sin). For Paul condemns the sins of strife and envy in Galatians 5:19-21 and says that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But good thing the Corinthians repented (Sought forgiveness with the Lord Jesus and put away those sins) before Paul wrote his second letter to them.

So if strongholds is referring to false beliefs and Paul is talking about a spiritual war, then he is desiring to attack false beliefs. What do you think it is saying?

The letters were not to younger churches, they were letters to Premie/unborn, churches who had no Bible.
2000 years later, churches are now pre-teenagers still bickering about Calvinism and 100's of other petty disputes.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ephesians 5:11, 2 Corinthians 10:4, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Timothy 4:2, Jude 1:3.
This writer was not a grown up Christian and had no copy of Jesus teachings to learn from. Attacking is wrong.

1 Thessalonians 4:11
And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you,

Proverbs 13:3
Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.

Psalm 46:10
“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

Proverbs 10:19
When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.

James 1:26
If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Galatians 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Mark 12:31

The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

James 2:8
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

Romans 15:2
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

Proverbs 3:29
Do not plan evil against your neighbor, who dwells trustingly beside you.

Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Luke 10:27
And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Romans 13:10
Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Luke 6:31
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

Upvote 0