As a Christian, would you date an atheist?

Would you date someone from a different faith?

• Yes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Hamilton

Dec 5, 2016
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Visit site
✟10,153.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
This is why Christians get a bad rep. You guys can live in your tiny little bubble of y'all that isnt flippin reality.

I think it's called "holiness," and being holy means being "set apart" from the worldly and set apart to God. Your worldliness may not like it, but this is what true believers are called to be/do: "You shall be holy, for I am holy" (1 Peter 1:16). This may mean avoiding certain people, environments and situations, but we do it because we're "new creatures/creations" (1 Cor. 5:17), something you apparently don't understand yet. As my Presbyterian friend said earlier, I pray that God will grant you repentance and faith to be genuinely converted to the saving gospel of Jesus Christ. All the other stuff will not last, but your soul will. The question is how and where it will continue? In a glorified body in God's presence or in an indestructible body floating in the Lake of Fire (Rev. 21:8)? Think about it!

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Corinthians 7:13
A whole lotta quoting of this verse but no idea of context.
The passage does not speak about getting into a relationship but rather what Paul recomeneded for those who become followers of Christ after they are already married.
He is supporting the idea that as far as possible one should remain in the position that they find themselves, relationship wise, at the time they begin to follow.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thats a good question, I dont know if its statistically true, but ive seen statistics where some christian groups have more divocres than in the "normal" world.

The reason i believe is because of legalism. Christian tends to be unconsciously legalistic, and that is death. They will try to keep up the appearance of a good marriage, and not rely on grace at all, even if they beleive they do. In the world people have a more "whatever happens happen" kinda view and that is a more relaxed attitude that is clsoer to a grace kinda walk than the christian walk.
Also when a beleiver stumbles and falls they are in a whole lot worse a position than an atheist, for a number of reasons.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.