Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
been going thru spiritual test the last 2 weeks. It has been absolutely horrendous. Today has been the worst thus far. I am totally depressed. I have had it.

I am at my lowest. I can’t go any lower I don’t think.

It is so hard. I am hanging on by a small thread.

I tried reaching out to a pastor and was hoping to be able to see them tomorrow but not happening

I can’t take anymore. I need peace. I need something positive. I need help. I’m done

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please remember that we have to die to our reality before we can find new life in His reality. The dying process is often very hard and takes everything out of us.

Try putting your faith in God's love for then you will get hope again. Keep working with faith, love and hope and let Jesus rebuild you in to His kingdom of love and peace. Try doing that and see that each time you actually put your faith in His love you felt a little better and renewed hope came your way.

i found when i was rock bottom The Lord had a deeper point in mind yet, however the deeper we go the more good life He brings back to life again when we arrive on the right side of His judgements.

Faith in God's love is the way out of our depression be of good courage.

Peace

To God's Depressed Child,

To think less of yourself then God's own
Brings you much pain and suffering.
Your worth is an incredible high price
Also for you did Jesus die on the cross.

Depression is also what devil's lies brings inside
letting a low-self-esteem your good life rob
Untruths roaming freely through heart and mind
Evil lies extinguishing all happiness and fun.

His loving truth brings you His good life
While to believe lies brings pain and grief
So hold onto the promises Jesus made to you
and don't let Satan your good life squander.

Take hold of God's precious loving truth.
A life in Him stays safe from lies that hurt.
Jesus' truth will comfort your bleeding heart
Lovingly remaking your fallen life anew.

Upvote 0

Emsmom1

Nov 6, 2019
Los Angeles
✟41,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
When you say you're holding on by a thread, do you mean you are feeling suicidal? If so, please call someone. This is the number for Samaritans USA: 1 (800) 273-TALK. They are very helpful and sometimes it helps just to talk to another person.

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When we hit rock bottom we who are in Christ must cling to The Rock which is Christ.

Focus on Christ and Him crucified and risen seated at the Right Hand of the Father. He is your mediator and advocate our High Priest. As Jesus prayed to the Father in His anguish and sufferings with supplications and tears, so we too must.

Glorify God. There are two prayers that come to mind which help us focus on our Almighty God:

Sanctus:

Holy, holy, holy Lord, God of power and might,
heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest.
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.

GLORIA IN EXCELSIS

Glory to God in the highest,
and peace to his people on earth.

Lord God, heavenly King,
almighty God and Father,
we worship you, we give you thanks,
we praise you for your glory.

Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
you take away the sin of the world:
have mercy on us;
you are seated at the right hand of the Father:
receive our prayer.

For you alone are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High,
Jesus Christ,
with the Holy Spirit,
in the glory of God the Father. Amen.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,191.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are definitely not alone. I know how you feel my friend. Life has been hell for me for 2 years now.

But, i will never give up on God. However many battles the devil wins over me he aint ever going to win the war! NO! NEVER!

Remember one thing. As you carry your cross/s in life, Jesus is carrying you.

Offer up your sufferings to God. Be strong. Pray.

May God bless and protect you and give you His grace and strength to push through the many trying episodes that you are going through.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When you say you're holding on by a thread, do you mean you are feeling suicidal? If so, please call someone. This is the number for Samaritans USA: 1 (800) 273-TALK. They are very helpful and sometimes it helps just to talk to another person.

I am not suicidal. What I meant is that I am feeling so low and struggling spiritually that I felt like I could easily let go of God. The way I ‘grew up’ spiritually was all thru feelings. Constantly 24/7. Over the last 8 months, God has been giving me different trials where for 5 months I was good and then 2 weeks ago, God started it up again so now I’m having so much difficulty and confusion again. So hanging on by a thread is I’m hanging onto God by a thread thoroughly confused and struggling

Upvote 0

zay

praise Him for your testimony!
Sep 12, 2004
NC
✟13,407.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, sk8brdkd, I won't try to act like I have l the answers. It is my prayer that you ubderstand God doesn't bring confusion about who He is. Confusion comes from the enemy. I would encourage you simply with the following:

Read His word. My favorite scripture is Romans 8:28: And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Know that all things are working together for YOUR good. You said that you went through a season where things got rocky. Two things to keep in mind: God brought you through it, and know God can and will do it again. Now is not the time to give up on God or yourself. I believe a testimony is going to come out of this. I know for myself that God shows up best in the deepest valleys and most discouraging times. It is not for your end, but for you to know Him and experience His love that much deeper.

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

You are going to make it, and not only that, you're coming out greater. I believe if you trust Him at His word, that He'll never leave you, nor forsake you. That there is no depth or height that will separate you from His love, but that you will be comforted. Then, from that place of peace, I believe God's voice will minister to you.

This trial is not for your defeat, beloved. You're going to come out of this with something greater than feeling God's love, and that's actively walking in it. When we don't feel we deserve His love, is when we can trust Him most that He'll never leave nor forsake us. Read Romans chapter 8 in its entirety please.

Finally, remember John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

satan is upset that he didn't win last time, he will not win this time either. Realize Child of God that you've already won. satan wants to steal your joy and peace by thinking on circumstances and feelings that are temporary. Fight with the Word of God anytime the enemy tries to tell you what you're not or tries to confuse you. I would also encourage you to read Psalms 91.

Stand on His word. That is what will help you overcome feelings and develop your faith. I believe this is your season and moment where God wants to reveal Himself to you in a deeper, loving and rich way. Trust Him beloved and know He knows you and knows you intimately; fears, hurts, joys, frustrations, pains and all, yet loves you and sees you in your best. Don't give up now; your next days are going to be greater than your past.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not suicidal. What I meant is that I am feeling so low and struggling spiritually that I felt like I could easily let go of God. The way I ‘grew up’ spiritually was all thru feelings. Constantly 24/7. Over the last 8 months, God has been giving me different trials where for 5 months I was good and then 2 weeks ago, God started it up again so now I’m having so much difficulty and confusion again. So hanging on by a thread is I’m hanging onto God by a thread thoroughly confused and struggling

Don't give up, you don't need to feel God, is by faith, God is with you even if you feel horrible.
The worst you can do is 'give up on God' just stay as faithful as you can.
Actually having trials is an opportunity to mature and grow so stay close to God, and toughen up.
Also you could just take it with a little more lightly and with humor, i think your situation is not so serious, you are in the hands of God, no disasters happened to you, i think you are not sinning too much or something like that so...
The bible actually says you should be happy that different trials and tests happens to you, because after them you are going to be a better christian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God speaks through Scripture
As you read your Bible, you will receive him more and more into your heart and mind. These are the words of God to you.
John 3:16

John-3-16-For-God-So-loved-the-World.jpg

I pray for you,
Dear Father give the strength to read your Word, and learn to live for you and be thankful.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,072,731.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This has what has worked for me, in terms of peace, and I noticed another poster, elsewhere said the same thing.

Pray for peace. The peace may not come right away. Wait. The peace may come later that day or another day. Uh oh, then the enemy attacks again. So what? Pray for peace again and it will come again. Life is a spiritual battle that never ends, but underneath you are the everlasting arms.

I pray for peace and insight on what to do about your problems and for holy angels to help you.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This has what has worked for me, in terms of peace, and I noticed another poster, elsewhere said the same thing.

Pray for peace. The peace may not come right away. Wait. The peace may come later that day or another day. Uh oh, then the enemy attacks again. So what? Pray for peace again and it will come again. Life is a spiritual battle that never ends, but underneath you are the everlasting arms.

I pray for peace and insight on what to do about your problems and for holy angels to help you.

Yesterday I was having an extremely difficult time. I had the negative feelings and it was overwhelming. I decided to take my dog to the park and we went on a nice walk. About 20 min after I sat down, I felt this warmth build up in me taking the negativity away. It replaced the negative feelings with pure deep peace which lasted for 45 min about. God has actually been giving me peace everyday but yesterday was the longest and for that I was thankful

My parents say they don’t usually get attacked by the devil, that everything is the same. Right now, my mom is going thru something with my sister so she does have a trial but it’s totally different then what I’m going thru

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God speaks through Scripture
As you read your Bible, you will receive him more and more into your heart and mind. These are the words of God to you.
John 3:16

John-3-16-For-God-So-loved-the-World.jpg

I pray for you,
Dear Father give the strength to read your Word, and learn to live for you and be thankful.

I honestly struggle reading the Bible. Years ago, my 1 professor told me to pray before I start to read, then read a passage and to wait to hear what God tells me through what I read. I had asked God to give me a strong desire to read and to show me something thru the scriptures. I kept up with that everyday for a few months which was very hard but I didn’t get or learn anything from that experience. I got more from praying and heard more from God thru prayer and music.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey, sk8brdkd, I won't try to act like I have l the answers. It is my prayer that you ubderstand God doesn't bring confusion about who He is. Confusion comes from the enemy. I would encourage you simply with the following:

Read His word. My favorite scripture is Romans 8:28: And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Know that all things are working together for YOUR good. You said that you went through a season where things got rocky. Two things to keep in mind: God brought you through it, and know God can and will do it again. Now is not the time to give up on God or yourself. I believe a testimony is going to come out of this. I know for myself that God shows up best in the deepest valleys and most discouraging times. It is not for your end, but for you to know Him and experience His love that much deeper.

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

You are going to make it, and not only that, you're coming out greater. I believe if you trust Him at His word, that He'll never leave you, nor forsake you. That there is no depth or height that will separate you from His love, but that you will be comforted. Then, from that place of peace, I believe God's voice will minister to you.

This trial is not for your defeat, beloved. You're going to come out of this with something greater than feeling God's love, and that's actively walking in it. When we don't feel we deserve His love, is when we can trust Him most that He'll never leave nor forsake us. Read Romans chapter 8 in its entirety please.

Finally, remember John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

satan is upset that he didn't win last time, he will not win this time either. Realize Child of God that you've already won. satan wants to steal your joy and peace by thinking on circumstances and feelings that are temporary. Fight with the Word of God anytime the enemy tries to tell you what you're not or tries to confuse you. I would also encourage you to read Psalms 91.

Stand on His word. That is what will help you overcome feelings and develop your faith. I believe this is your season and moment where God wants to reveal Himself to you in a deeper, loving and rich way. Trust Him beloved and know He knows you and knows you intimately; fears, hurts, joys, frustrations, pains and all, yet loves you and sees you in your best. Don't give up now; your next days are going to be greater than your past.

I’ll tell you the last time I went thru something like this was 6 and 8 months ago. He initially gave me a hard test which lasted about a week and a half. It was Hard but I got thru it and I knew when it was over. But then 3 weeks later, it happened again and it lasted close to 3 weeks. Each time he extends the testing period longer. At the end of the last one, I was good and everything was smooth for 5 full months. Even at that time, I was still feeling a bit lost and confused but it was good.

This time, it’s even harder then last time. I haven’t reached the end of this yet bc I’m not ‘at peace’ yet like I was the other times when I knew it was over.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,072,731.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yesterday I was having an extremely difficult time. I had the negative feelings and it was overwhelming. I decided to take my dog to the park and we went on a nice walk. About 20 min after I sat down, I felt this warmth build up in me taking the negativity away. It replaced the negative feelings with pure deep peace which lasted for 45 min about. God has actually been giving me peace everyday but yesterday was the longest and for that I was thankful

My parents say they don’t usually get attacked by the devil, that everything is the same. Right now, my mom is going thru something with my sister so she does have a trial but it’s totally different then what I’m going thru
I'm so glad you got that wonderful feeling of peace. Maybe look back to see what you did, especially from the heart, to receive it so you can repeat as often as needed?

We are all under attack from the devil and his crew all the time. The Bible makes it clear. Ephesians 6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Who are we told is the prince of this world? The father of lies. `1 Peter 5:8 Your adversary the devil, walks around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

What was one of the things Messiah told believers to do? Cast out demons, as He Himself did regularly. May we all pray for one another to learn, from the heart, how to do that. How much suffering of all kinds, including illness, would be gone.

I pray for consistent peace for you and for light and help for your mother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,072,731.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I’ll tell you the last time I went thru something like this was 6 and 8 months ago. He initially gave me a hard test which lasted about a week and a half. It was Hard but I got thru it and I knew when it was over. But then 3 weeks later, it happened again and it lasted close to 3 weeks. Each time he extends the testing period longer. At the end of the last one, I was good and everything was smooth for 5 full months. Even at that time, I was still feeling a bit lost and confused but it was good.

This time, it’s even harder then last time. I haven’t reached the end of this yet bc I’m not ‘at peace’ yet like I was the other times when I knew it was over.
I have no way to know in the cases you give, but sometimes things we think are tests from the Lord are really just attacks of the evil one. I pray for you to know for sure what was really going on, if you don't already.

Upvote 0