shaheem white

Greetings in the Matchless Name Of Jesus!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2017
Newark
✟40,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Greetings my brothers and sisters in Christ. I felt led to post this because as a Man Of God I am really troubled when I read about a Christian referring to himself/herself as a sinner. I know that one of the biggest issues we face in the body of Christ today is "Identity". and It's time for us to know who we are in Christ.

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings my brothers and sisters in Christ. I felt led to post this because as a Man Of God I am really troubled when I read about a Christian referring to himself/herself as a sinner. I know that one of the biggest issues we face in the body of Christ today is "Identity". and It's time for us to know who we are in Christ.

Welcome to CF.

If the Apostle Paul referred to himself as the "chief of sinners", I think we can say that we are sinners.

Yes, we are also saints, but we must live with the tension that we are both, simultaneously, as Martin Luther put it.

Upvote 0

shaheem white

Jul 22, 2017
Newark
✟40,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
when paul said that he was referring to before his conversion my brother. understand the context. He was referring to when He was persecuting the church not after his damascus experience

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
f8f33a592c9098a10ffa2d497d7b3873.gif

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

shaheem white

Jul 22, 2017
Newark
✟40,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It depends on if the person views himself merely as a sinner or as a redeemed child of God

the bible say's that we are new creations old things pass away behold old things become new... we no longer hold to the title of sinner because a sinner is one who practices sin, one who lives in sin. and as believers we died to sin, how can we live in it any longer. do we sin? yes.. but it's not a life style, it's not a practice.. it's not something that we do willingly

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Glad you decided to join us Shaheem :)

The Introduce Yourself sub-forum is primary set up as a meet and greet. You'd most likely get a better response to your assertion of Christians referring to themselves as sinners in the General Theology sub-forum.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
christos is an adjective and means: anointed. Yes it's time we all understand the Scriptural revelation of "en christos". To understand that we are one body anointed with a given purpose and destiny: promised and guaranteed by--I AM Who is thee Anointed-One!

Upvote 0

shaheem white

Jul 22, 2017
Newark
✟40,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Glad you decided to join us Shaheem :)

The Introduce Yourself sub-forum is primary set up as a meet and greet. You'd most likely get a better response to your assertion of Christians referring to themselves as sinners in the General Theology sub-forum.

this is how i would love to set up my meet and greet!!! HELLO SAINTS

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shaheem white

Jul 22, 2017
Newark
✟40,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF.

If the Apostle Paul referred to himself as the "chief of sinners", I think we can say that we are sinners.

Yes, we are also saints, but we must live with the tension that we are both, simultaneously, as Martin Luther put it.

NO MY BROTHER, WITH ALL LOVE PASLMS 1 STATES
BLESSED IS THE ONE WHO DOES WALK IN STEP WITH WICKED
OR STAND IN THE WAY THAT "SINNERS" TAKE OR SIT IN THE
COMPANY OF MOCKERS... SO IF YOUR A SINNER THEN I'M CONSIDERED
BLESSED IF I DON'T STAND IN THE WAY YOU TAKE.
2 PETER 4:18 SAY'S "AND IF IT IS HARD FOR THE RIGHTEOUS TO BE SAVED,
WHAT WILL BECOME OF THE UNGODLY AND THE "SINNER"... MY BROTHER THERE IS A CLEAR DISTINCTION BETWEEN THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE SINNER.. SO WE CAN NOT BE BOTH!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Check out General Theology.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NO MY BROTHER, WITH ALL LOVE PASLMS 1 STATES
BLESSED IS THE ONE WHO DOES WALK IN STEP WITH WICKED
OR STAND IN THE WAY THAT "SINNERS" TAKE OR SIT IN THE
COMPANY OF MOCKERS... SO IF YOUR A SINNER THEN I'M CONSIDERED
BLESSED IF I DON'T STAND IN THE WAY YOU TAKE.
2 PETER 4:18 SAY'S "AND IF IT IS HARD FOR THE RIGHTEOUS TO BE SAVED,
WHAT WILL BECOME OF THE UNGODLY AND THE "SINNER"... MY BROTHER THERE IS A CLEAR DISTINCTION BETWEEN THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE SINNER.. SO WE CAN NOT BE BOTH!!!!
Turn off the caps, please. Thanks! :bow:

Upvote 0

shaheem white

Jul 22, 2017
Newark
✟40,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

OK MY BROTHER LET ME BRAKE THIS DOWN FOR YOU..

YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND CONTEXT.. don't worry that's why we fellowship, iron sharpens iron.. lets look at 1 timothy 1 ok.. that the scripture you used right? 1 timothy 1:15,16 so lets not look at one verse, lets look at the surrounding verses in it's entirety because that will explain what paul meant. verses 12-14 states "i thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, PUTTING ME INTO SERVICE, even though i was FORMERLY a BLASPHEMER and a PERSECUTOR and a VIOLENT AGGRESSOR. yet I WAS SHOWN MERCY because I acted ignorantly in unbelief; and THE GRACE OF OUR LORD WAS MORE THAN ABUNDANT, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus....now my brother was Paul saying "I'M STILL A BLASPHEMER,PERSECUTOR, AND VIOLENT AGGRESSOR? NO!!!, that would be inconsistent with all his teachings. Paul WAS CLEARLY REVIEWING HIS FORMER LIFE!!! and contrasting that with his current ministry as an apostle, proving just how deep God's mercy and grace will go to save someone acting so heinously as himself.Paul is basically saying, if God can save me, His poster child for amazing grace, He can save anybody!!!!
Let me put it this way... PAUL WOULD BE TOTALLY CONTRADICTING HIMSELF IF WHAT YOUR SAYING IS TRUE.. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SAME MAN THAT WROTE HE WAS DEAD TO SIN (ROM 6:6) HE WAS CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST (GAL 2:20) AND HE WAS NEW CREATION (2 COR 5:17). He is not making a case for STILL being the worst sinner in the roman empire. Rather, he's contrasting his PRESENT LIFE as a saint, who God faithfully "PUT INTO SERVICE" (verse 12), with his FORMER LIFE (verses 13-16)..

sorry so long i really needed to explain this to you my brother.. i'm not saying i don't sin anymore, i'm saying that's not who i am anymore..... IDENTITY MY BROTHER!!!

Upvote 0