Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So you are planning various beds separated by grass? Vegetables?

You are making me a bit wistful ... I want SO BADLY to be busy in my yard. Must wait a while yet. :)

Maybe I can work on container plants in near future.

So ... is it veggies? What kinds? :)

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sunflowers, “Indian” corn, birdhouse gourds, pumpkins, green beans, corn, cucumbers, Cherokee Purple tomatoes, Amish paste tomatoes, jalapenos, cayenne pepper, zucchini, garlic, cabbage, beets, purple potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes, carrots.

Rosemary, basil, dill, oregano, lavender, thyme, wild tobacco, various flowers to attract bees.
Ohhhhh .... many of my favorites and a few from my "want to try" list! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Which ones have you wanted to try?
Birdhouse gourds, Cherokee purples, cayenne, and the potatoes. :)

ETA I think I might have tried the gourds a long time ago but I know I never got fully grown gourds. I might have tried the Cherokee purple and the Yukon gold and had them fizzle. I sometimes forget years later what didn't work.

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did all my rototilling this last weekend but my camera has been loaned out to our German exchange student and just found my backup camera.

jicr36.jpg

2nbbxbm.jpg

Interesting Aryea Jay - I always wonder at how open the houses and gardens are in America. Everybody looking into everybody's plot. Do you plan to have any hedges or perimeter fencing?
I think you'll be well occupied with all this to go at. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.
><>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Birdhouse gourds have big beautiful white flowers that open at dusk and stay open all night, as big as zucchini blossoms. I have always wanted to make a covered walkway covered in birdhouse gourd vines, with some kind of small white lights underneath shining on the blossoms. One of these years I will.

@Aryeh Jay , what kind of green bean do you grow? I prefer a bush bean like blue lake.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever grown or eaten mustard greens? You cook them like you would spinach, but they have a much better flavor IMO, I usually grow a couple different varieties, but my favorite is India mustard because it has a kind of peppery taste.

I love mr stripey's !

Upvote 0