Article: The Spiritual Danger of Donald Trump

Is it spiritually wrong to vote for Trump?

• Total voters

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This article describes a new book that includes articles by 30 Evangelicals warning of the spiritual dangers of electing Donald Trump for a second term. What do you think about this premise?
I think it was 80+ psychologists or some other sort of practitioners who solemnly declared Sen. Barry Goldwater clinically unfit for the presidency (without having examined him themselves, of course). That's when people began to realize that professional associations are just as much political advocacy organizations as are any labor union or chamber of commerce.

But when it comes to "30 Evangelicals," we should realize that this isn't saying even that much. It would be easy to assemble 30 others to take the opposite POV.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bad or spiritually wrong?
Oh you're sharp. I'm going to say that Trump does not project Godliness and so based on character I would not vote for him. "Spiritually wrong" probably refers to Trump's overall affect on society and the world, but I feel he's more a symptom than a cause. Voting him out doesn't fix the actual propaganda problem with the polarized media and the electorate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
I think it was 80+ psychologists or some other sort of practitioners who solemnly declared Sen. Barry Goldwater clinically unfit for the presidency (without having examined him themselves, of course). That's when people began to realize that professional associations are just as much political advocacy organizations as are any labor union or chamber of commerce.

But when it comes to "30 Evangelicals," we should realize that this isn't saying even that much. It would be easy to assemble 30 others to take the opposite POV.
I think you are spot on. I am curious about the arguments they make though. I haven't read the book yet--I will probably just wait for a review of it.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This article describes a new book that includes articles by 30 Evangelicals warning of the spiritual dangers of electing Donald Trump for a second term. What do you think about this premise?
I've always said Trump is a Saul; God's will, not His heart. People, even christians, wanted a king and God gave them one. I had a dream a few years ago that Franklin Graham became George Washington. I hope it becomes true. I'd love to see a real God fearing and loving Christian as a president, declaring God in the White House and leading the whole nation to repentance. I also had a dream where someone told me that if Biden wins, there will be war. I am guessing they meant WWIII. That really scares me. I actually voted for Franklin Graham on the last election as a seed of faith. I think I will do the same thing on 2020.

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Oh you're sharp. I'm going to say that Trump does not project godliness and so based on character I would not vote for him. "Spiritually wrong" probably refers to Trump's overall affect on society and the world, but I feel he's more a symptom than a cause.
I personally don't have the religious convictions to pass spiritual judgements--I'm not a believer, but I am very curious to talk to people who do see this as a spiritual issue. It is interesting to me that Evangelicals fall on opposite sides of the issue--especially when both Republican.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
I've always said Trump is a Saul; God's will, not His heart. People, even christians, wanted a king and God gave them one. I had a dream a few years ago that Franklin Graham became George Washington. I hope it becomes true. I'd love to see a real God fearing and loving Christian as a president, declaring God in the White House and leading the whole nation to repentance. I also had a dream where someone told me that if Biden wins, there will be war. I am guessing they meant WWIII. That really scares me. I actually voted for Franklin Graham on the last election as a seed of faith. I think I will do the same thing on 2020.
Honestly, the expressed desire for a theocratic president scares me.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It is too complicated for such a simple answer.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Sounds like an interesting book. But does it really matter what I think about it? No, it doesn't matter, and the real question is, "What would Jesus think about it?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Actual Antichrist talk:

anti.jpg

Trump touts quote calling him 'second coming of God' to Jews in Israel

• Informative
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like an interesting book. But does it really matter what I think about it? No, it doesn't matter, and the real question is, "What would Jesus think about it?"
Jesus isnt voting in Nov. But you are, I presume. If so, its you that has a decision to make here, not Jesus.

• Agree
Reactions: Caliban
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That list of names is not "30 Evangelicals," anyway. Not for any sensible definition of "Evangelical."

Upvote 0