Article: The Catholic Church Is Breaking Apart. Here’s Why.

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
https://www.weeklystandard.com/jona...pope-francis-are-breaking-the-catholic-church

... The pontificate of Francis can, perhaps, best be understood as a political project. His election at the conclave in 2013 was—unbeknownst to the world at the time—the result of a campaign planned out in advance by four radical cardinals who saw then-cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio as the perfect vehicle for the revolution they wanted to launch within the church. (The story of how Cardinals Cormac Murphy-O’Connor, Walter Kasper, Godfried Danneels, and Karl Lehmann formed “Team Bergoglio” is detailed in Austen Ivereigh’s worshipful biography of Francis, and even though the cardinals subsequently denied the account, their protestations are supremely unconvincing.) As the Catholic News Agency reported at the time, this politicking wasn’t simply a matter of bad taste: The apostolic constitution, Universi Dominici gregis, expressly prohibits cardinals from forming pacts, agreements, promises, or commitments of any kind. Oh well.

During his time on Peter’s throne, Francis has worked to dismantle many orthodox positions in an attempt to radically reorient the church toward—by total coincidence—the long-held preferences of those four radical cardinals. For instance: He has criticized Catholics for being “obsessed” with abortion, gay marriage, and contraception. He has derided Catholic women for having too many children and behaving “like rabbits.” He sent a papal blessing to the lesbian author of the Italian version of Heather Has Two Mommies—a tract for children extolling the virtues of same-sex parenting...​
[FONT=Open Sans, Verdana][/FONT]
I normally avoid the Weekly Standard since Bill Kristol became deranged, but this feature-length, in-depth article is worth the read. I had heard rumblings about an illicit conspiracy behind the election of Francis, but never so clearly stated or well-explained. If true, this article explains a lot of Pope Francis' behavior. He doesn't answer the "dubia" because his goal is not conciliation, it is top-down implementation of his radical liberal agenda. His confusing and unexplained statements on marriage, divorce, and other matters were intentional spoilers because his more blatant attempts to shift doctrine were frustrated.

I have no way of knowing how true this article is, but it seems to fit, and it explains a lot of the extremely aberrational behavior of the many in church authority and the church's lack of a proper response to it.

• Informative
Reactions: redleghunter

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well the Ages are more or less 2000 years ,and the last Age of Pisces is coming to a close .We are overlapping into the Age of Aquarius ,which brings science and equality first of all, and then total destruction ,as without the inspiration of God we cannot create ,and Aquarius is incapable of creating only analysing and redistributing what was created Under the Age of Pisces ,which of course began with Jesus .
The reason christian organisations are ,and will continue to fail , is because they do not to know the Truth ,and those who do are being kept silent .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pope Francis isn’t the worst Pope the Catholic Church has had, read about some of the terrible and immoral Popes the Catholic Church has had, if the Church stayed together then I’m sure it will now:

https://www.oddee.com/item_96537.aspx

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We haven't broken apart in 2,000 years, we're not about to now.
Something Jesus said about that gives a sliver of hope.
None of these pathways (Francis resigning, our capitulation to the sexual agenda, schism, resistance) is attractive; each leads to a church that is at best impoverished and at worst crippled.

Then again, the church survived Caligula, the bubonic plague, the Third Reich, the Gather hymnal, and the autoharp. It will survive McCarrick, Wuerl, and Francis, too.

But crucibles are rarely pleasant experiences for those inside them and a great many souls may be lost in the transition.

Those men will have much to answer for.
It seems that they do not want to be answerable, not yet. And Mr. Last is calling a spade a spade. Maybe a bit too prematurely. Time will tell. Archbishop Vigano's story will eventually be vilified or verified. Even though those in the Vatican prefer to stonewall it.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/benedict-xvi-ganswein-benedict-option/

Reactions: TuxAme
Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For the record, I would agree that the article's title was clickbait. It could have made his point in a lot more reasoned way, and I probably should have used my own title here. And I expected the "the RCC will never go down" gloss in reactions here. In spite of that, I felt the article was illuminating and gave insight that was helpful and shouldn't be ignored.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
For the record, I would agree that the article's title was clickbait. It could have made his point in a lot more reasoned way, and I probably should have used my own title here. And I expected the "the RCC will never go down" gloss in reactions here. In spite of that, I felt the article was illuminating and gave insight that was helpful and shouldn't be ignored.
Even the writer of the article which you quoted said the Catholic Church would not go down. But it will be painful.

https://babylonbee.com/news/local-protestant-thanks-god-that-hes-not-like-those-messed-up-catholics/

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://www.weeklystandard.com/jona...pope-francis-are-breaking-the-catholic-church

... The pontificate of Francis can, perhaps, best be understood as a political project. His election at the conclave in 2013 was—unbeknownst to the world at the time—the result of a campaign planned out in advance by four radical cardinals who saw then-cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio as the perfect vehicle for the revolution they wanted to launch within the church. (The story of how Cardinals Cormac Murphy-O’Connor, Walter Kasper, Godfried Danneels, and Karl Lehmann formed “Team Bergoglio” is detailed in Austen Ivereigh’s worshipful biography of Francis, and even though the cardinals subsequently denied the account, their protestations are supremely unconvincing.) As the Catholic News Agency reported at the time, this politicking wasn’t simply a matter of bad taste: The apostolic constitution, Universi Dominici gregis, expressly prohibits cardinals from forming pacts, agreements, promises, or commitments of any kind. Oh well.

During his time on Peter’s throne, Francis has worked to dismantle many orthodox positions in an attempt to radically reorient the church toward—by total coincidence—the long-held preferences of those four radical cardinals. For instance: He has criticized Catholics for being “obsessed” with abortion, gay marriage, and contraception. He has derided Catholic women for having too many children and behaving “like rabbits.” He sent a papal blessing to the lesbian author of the Italian version of Heather Has Two Mommies—a tract for children extolling the virtues of same-sex parenting...​
[FONT=Open Sans, Verdana][/FONT]
I normally avoid the Weekly Standard since Bill Kristol became deranged, but this feature-length, in-depth article is worth the read. I had heard rumblings about an illicit conspiracy behind the election of Francis, but never so clearly stated or well-explained. If true, this article explains a lot of Pope Francis' behavior. He doesn't answer the "dubia" because his goal is not conciliation, it is top-down implementation of his radical liberal agenda. His confusing and unexplained statements on marriage, divorce, and other matters were intentional spoilers because his more blatant attempts to shift doctrine were frustrated.

I have no way of knowing how true this article is, but it seems to fit, and it explains a lot of the extremely aberrational behavior of the many in church authority and the church's lack of a proper response to it.
Well researched article. Thanks for posting.

• Friendly
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well the Ages are more or less 2000 years ,and the last Age of Pisces is coming to a close .We are overlapping into the Age of Aquarius ,which brings science and equality first of all, and then total destruction ,as without the inspiration of God we cannot create ,and Aquarius is incapable of creating only analysing and redistributing what was created Under the Age of Pisces ,which of course began with Jesus .
The reason christian organisations are ,and will continue to fail , is because they do not to know the Truth ,and those who do are being kept silent .
I thought the dawning of the age of Aquarius was in the early 1970s?

Reactions: MMDave3
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Francis was the only choice. Ratzinger and John Paul were out of touch with the world, in the end. John Paul did OK in his early years, but he started wagging his finger at a world that has come of age and no longer needs the medieval "the Church knows best" attitude. And significantly tone-deaf to the continued institutional problems of the Catholic Church. Ratzinger was more of an egg-head than a pastor.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I thought the dawning of the age of Aquarius was in the early 1970s?
wow, that brought back memories. I saw them round about 1969. Great band.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Francis was the only choice. Ratzinger and John Paul were out of touch with the world, in the end. John Paul did OK in his early years, but he started wagging his finger at a world that has come of age and no longer needs the medieval "the Church knows best" attitude. And significantly tone-deaf to the continued institutional problems of the Catholic Church. Ratzinger was more of an egg-head than a pastor.
I miss papa Benedict and John Paul before him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

danbuter

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Harrisburg
✟209,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not even Catholic, but I think Benedict was a much better Pope than Francis. He definitely held more strongly to the core values of the Church, instead of appeasing Leftists who want to destroy the Church.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Pope Francis is liberal, that could explain some of the confusion. It's not just a political philosophy it gets into religion deep. I think the man has great compassion and deep personal beliefs about the dignity of humanity but he is challenged when if comes to tradition. I can see how some might think he is loosing his moorings, because liberal theology has none.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pope Francis is liberal, that could explain some of the confusion. It's not just a political philosophy it gets into religion deep. I think the man has great compassion and deep personal beliefs about the dignity of humanity but he is challenged when if comes to tradition. I can see how some might think he is loosing his moorings, because liberal theology has none.
It should not have been a surprise for most Catholic Cardinals and bishops as Jorge Mario Bergoglio is a Jesuit and by extension a champion of Liberation Theology.

Spending four years in a Jesuit university I had several profs who were of the Liberation theology persuasion, with one who actually was a chaplain for the Sandinistas when they were revolutionaries in the 70s.

Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0