Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As an art lover, I wonder what some of your favorite artists or pieces are. My favorite artist is Renoir, and Impressionism is my favorite movement. The link is my favorite painting. I saw it in an exhibition in New Orleans. It reminded me of my mother. I don't know why, exactly. My mother isn't dark. I really had an emotional connection with the painting, that kind of goes beyond reason.

Attachments

• Renoir_Seamstress.jpg
    Renoir_Seamstress.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is Pieter Bruegel
Who made the woodcuts?

I always think of Bruegel as having bad persepective and the figures not in proportion. The painting you posted is better, in my opinion, than most of his work. I may be conflating Bruegal elder and younger, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These two pieces by Vincent Van Gogh. He drew it in the last weeks of his life. My favorite artist as we have so many things in common.

505px-Vincent_van_Gogh_-_Wheatfield_with_crows_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

489px-Vincent_van_Gogh_-_Wheatfield_under_thunderclouds_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg
So, you have had an ear cut off too? Lol
I'm VERY fond of Van Gogh, myself.

• Haha
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,878.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So, you have had an ear cut off too? Lol
I'm VERY fond of Van Gogh, myself.

Lol No but I did injure my ear when I was learning to cut my own hair. It was quite painful so I don't think I'll be able to cut my entire ear off!

I kinda looked like him when he is a boy and I was younger. Other than that, I'm an artist too in photography. I also shared affinity for the same subjects as he did even his philosophy even before I knew his work. Imagine my surprise when I got to know his work, his mind, it's like looking at yourself from another time!

It was particularly his last paintings, his last subjects shortly before he died that were the same subjects in photography I loved the most. Unfortunately, I rarely got the opportunity to capture them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lol No but I did injure my ear when I was learning to cut my own hair. It was quite painful so I don't think I'll be able to cut my entire ear off!

I kinda looked like him when he is a boy and I was younger. Other than that, I'm an artist too in photography. I also shared affinity for the same subjects as he did even his philosophy even before I knew his work. Imagine my surprise when I got to know his work, his mind, it's like looking at yourself from another time!

It was particularly his last paintings, his last subjects shortly before he died that were the same subjects in photography I loved the most. Unfortunately, I rarely got the opportunity to capture them.
Are you a ginger? I am, but not a natural one. I went red this year after wanting to for years.
I love art, but am not artistic myself. So, do you photograph fields and things like that, or still life? I always think of loneliness when I look at van Gogh's work, but I might be thinking about his life instead of just looking at the art.
Do you still take pictures?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,878.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Are you a ginger? I am, but not a natural one. I went red this year after wanting to for years.
I love art, but am not artistic myself. So, do you photograph fields and things like that, or still life? I always think of loneliness when I look at van Gogh's work, but I might be thinking about his life instead of just looking at the art.
Do you still take pictures?

Mine is dark brown and it looks black in my avatar. Yes, I photograph fields, trees, nature, and still life mostly and I still do. But they're not very good. I seldom got the chance to drive around, go somewhere nice at the right time and the right weather conditions, although a dab of Photoshop here and there seems to work out just fine!

You might be enlightened how Van Gogh saw life with mystery and wonder as would a child. He held that view to the very end.

He sees things differently than the rest of us. What we find as doom and gloom, he sees great beauty. What we fear of death, he sees as the road to the stars! :)

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mine is dark brown and it looks black in my avatar. Yes, I photograph fields, trees, nature, and still life mostly and I still do. But they're not very good. I seldom got the chance to drive around, go somewhere nice at the right time and the right weather conditions, although a dab of Photoshop here and there seems to work out just fine!

You might be enlightened how Van Gogh saw life with mystery and wonder as would a child. He held that view to the very end.

He sees things differently than the rest of us. What we find as doom and gloom, he sees great beauty. What we fear of death, he sees as the road to the stars! :)
Do you develop your own photographs as well?
I read an article last year about Van Gogh and his painting Starry Night. It seems science has found out there are patterns in the universe exactly the same as the spherical patterns in his painting. A lot of it was over my head, but fascinating nonetheless.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,878.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Do you develop your own photographs as well?
I read an article last year about Van Gogh and his painting Starry Night. It seems science has found out there are patterns in the universe exactly the same as the spherical patterns in his painting. A lot of it was over my head, but fascinating nonetheless.

I used to develop B/W pictures in high school but it was a job.

I was already using colored films by then. Then we sold the equipment shortly after graduating from college because we didn't need it anymore and the chemicals stunk in the fridge!

Now that I'm feeling nostalgic after many years, it's gone :( I still have the old film camera. Most of my work is in digital format though.

That is fascinating to know about Van Gogh! He loved the stars so much. He literally wanted to go there. Must be quite a coincidence or simply the hand of fate.

Anyway, here's one of mine. I couldn't go out in the fields so I took a picture of a shirt (from inside it) and tried to make it look like a field (in Photoshop) where it looks like it's about to rain. I think my actual pictures of fields are worse!

030420071066.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to develop B/W pictures in high school but it was a job.

I was already using colored films by then. Then we sold the equipment shortly after graduating from college because we didn't need it anymore and the chemicals stunk in the fridge!

Now that I'm feeling nostalgic after many years, it's gone :( I still have the old film camera. Most of my work is in digital format though.

That is fascinating to know about Van Gogh! He loved the stars so much. He literally wanted to go there. Must be quite a coincidence or simply the hand of fate.

Anyway, here's one of mine. I couldn't go out in the fields so I took a picture of a shirt (from inside it) and tried to make it look like a field (in Photoshop) where it looks like it's about to rain. I think my actual pictures of fields are worse!

View attachment 184350
I think it must be satisfying to develop your own film. To see the images come out, and being kind of surprised if they are exceptionally good.

I would not have known it was the inside if a shirt, without you telling me. I'm not a very good photographer. Back in the day when I was a kid, smartphones were not invented. This was the 1980s, the distant past, lol. Anyway, whenever I took pictures, my thumb invariably was in every shot!

Upvote 0

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Who made the woodcuts?

I always think of Bruegel as having bad persepective and the figures not in proportion. The painting you posted is better, in my opinion, than most of his work. I may be conflating Bruegal elder and younger, though.
Pieter Bruegel the elder painted the first painting, the wood carvings are by Albrecht Dürer

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was able to see Rembrandt's engravings. They were so small and intricate. It was actually a moving exhibition, as the engravings were of religious subjects. I remember one in particular of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane appearing to Mary after His resurrection. It was intimate.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,878.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think it must be satisfying to develop your own film. To see the images come out, and being kind of surprised if they are exceptionally good.

I would not have known it was the inside if a shirt, without you telling me. I'm not a very good photographer. Back in the day when I was a kid, smartphones were not invented. This was the 1980s, the distant past, lol. Anyway, whenever I took pictures, my thumb invariably was in every shot!

Back when I did it in high school, I was developing pictures of politicians using very old equipment. I hated politicians might explain why I didn't like what I was doing. I hated it when the image came out and I would see a politician.

I was a little kid in the 80's. Thumbs in pictures...hmm.. How did that happen??o_O:D

Upvote 0