• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

arrythmias - 4 kinds

GailMc

Oct 2, 2009
Near Philly
✟7,880.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Yuk......I too am a cardiac patient. I don't go to the docs anymore. I got four kinds of arrythmias going on. And when I got a look at the pics of the insides of my heart, YIKES! the bottom of my heart isn't attached to the top of my heart anymore on the insides! This causes problems such as stoppage and flappage of the insides and then the blood backs up till I can feel it in my neck and I get really dizzy. It is an on going thing. I was on meds for a while, but had to stop. I looked up the flapping stuff in a Grey's Anantomy they are called papillae and they are muscular fibers on the insides. Mine are no longer attached to the places they're supposed to be attached to. That's the biggest part of the problem. They'd have to filet me alive to try and re-attach them! YIKES! Not this gal! When I looked at the pics on a heart machine, it appears that the parts they'd have to re-attach them to are gone, perhaps atrophied. Oh well. I try not to obsess about the problem though. It used to freak me out, but I'm used to it by now. Pray for me.

Peace and all good,

Gail

Why9999

Jan 8, 2010
Desert SW - USA
✟15,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yuk......I too am a cardiac patient. I don't go to the docs anymore. I got four kinds of arrythmias going on. And when I got a look at the pics of the insides of my heart, YIKES! the bottom of my heart isn't attached to the top of my heart anymore on the insides! This causes problems such as stoppage and flappage of the insides and then the blood backs up till I can feel it in my neck and I get really dizzy. It is an on going thing. I was on meds for a while, but had to stop. I looked up the flapping stuff in a Grey's Anantomy they are called papillae and they are muscular fibers on the insides. Mine are no longer attached to the places they're supposed to be attached to. That's the biggest part of the problem. They'd have to filet me alive to try and re-attach them! YIKES! Not this gal! When I looked at the pics on a heart machine, it appears that the parts they'd have to re-attach them to are gone, perhaps atrophied. Oh well. I try not to obsess about the problem though. It used to freak me out, but I'm used to it by now. Pray for me.

Peace and all good,

Gail

Sorry to hear it. Many drugs can cause or contribute to arrythmias. Of course, caffeine and stress can as well.

Please, please read about the Ornish Diet. Take a few minutes and search it - it will probably save your life.

Upvote 0