• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Arrest made in vandalism case at 'America's Stonehenge' in New Hampshire

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by essentialsaltes, Mar 3, 2021.

1. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+20,186
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+3,860
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    “An 18-inch (45-centimeter) tall wooden cross was found suspended between two trees, and attached to the cross were several photographs and hand-drawn images.

Police arrested Russo after finding images of the stone and Russo online and linking to him an ‘iammark’ Twitter account with a reference to ‘a few improvements’ made to the site. Images on the cross also were linked to Russo.”

In just fifteen months?

3. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,703
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Hahah is nothing real anymore?

4. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+1,777
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    I had never heard of this before and thought it was the one made out of cars in Nebraska

[​IMG]

5. essentialsaltes

+20,186
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    I confess Carhenge did pop into my mind, but I was familiar with this place from two strains of my interests. Being a spooky New England spot, Lovecraft visited the site in the 1920s, and then the skeptical side of me was aware of the controversy over how old it is and who built it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Part of the IT crowd Supporter

+9,530
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    So vandalizing a random place, in the name of a cause, is a bad thing, yes?

7. essentialsaltes

+20,186
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Certainly.

A crime anyway. In some rare cases it might be civil disobedience that may not be 'bad'.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  8. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+8,043
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Funny..all I could think of was Spinal Tap for some reason.

9. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+1,777
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    [​IMG]

10. Tinker Grey

Tinker Grey Wanderer Supporter

+3,321
    Atheist
    And, oh, how they danced.

11. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Part of the IT crowd Supporter

+9,530
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I suppose I could see that if the target of said disobedience was the the entity responsible for the actual injustice.

For instance, like the sit-ins that occurred in places where businesses were actively (and happily) taking part in segregation.
    Greensboro sit-ins

However, I don't know if the same justification would apply to "I'm mad about this other injustice that's happening, so I'm going bust out a window of a random auto parts store just because it happens to be close by"

12. essentialsaltes

+20,186
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    No, certainly not. I agree it's hard to think up situations where vandalism might be not-bad.